It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brisbane (Australia) to host G20 summit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Brisbane (Australia) to host G20 summit

www.smh.com.au

Brisbane will host the G20 summit of world leaders in 2014, multiple Australian government sources have confirmed.

The G20, which takes in the world’s 20 major economies including the European Union, has previously announced the 2014 summit would be in Australia.

Numerous high-profile world leaders would descend on Queensland, including the President of the United States and Prime Minister of the United Kingdom.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Members of the G20 are Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Russia, Saudi Arabia, South Africa, South Korea, Turkey, the United Kingdom, the United States and the European Union.

Wow, this should be interesting

Australia's turn to get some G20 Action. This really makes me think how our police officers will act under extreme protesting circumstances...

www.smh.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Oh crap, the G20 is like a lightbulb for the moths of Byron Bay to swish their infested dreads and throw hissy fits and chairs at stuff.

WHY DONT THEY JUST USE THE PHONES!!!!!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I just hope the Chasers try another stunt like the one they pulled here at the APEC in Sydney! Best stunt ever in my books.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Great

I was in Brisbane when the 2001 CHOGM (Commonwealth Heads of Government meeting) was scheduled and the entire city was in lock down for a month prior. It was chaos. My girlfriend was working at the hotel which was hosting the event and got frisked every time she went to work.

In true Australian fashion we decided in the end that it was all just too hard, cancelled it and sent the whole lot of 'em to some isolated resort in Coolum on the Sunshine Coast.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Looking forward to protesting the scumbags!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Yeah and if Olympic Dam is anything to go by, this should be one hell of a stage.

Looks like a good time to hide out at home and not go anywhere near Brisvegas. The thought of a bunch of power mad, egotistical illuminati wannabes discussing how to bend us over even further is enough to boil the blood of even a Queenslander.

At least one thing, no-one will give a rats if Gillard is bumped off...

It's not like she'll be PM by then....

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by 1littlewolf

Not that isolated. I remember that well. To say it sucked was a gross understatement.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I'll be there protesting! High expensive stupid G20.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by 74Templar

Not that isolated. I remember that well. To say it sucked was a gross understatement.

I always suspected you were an Aussie Templar. Guess it's my turn now. I can only imagine whatever chaos they caused at Coolum will be maginified exponentially 10 years on with the full G20. God only know why they picked Brisbane - the place is difficult to navigate even after living there on and off for 28 years. Maybe we should start an ATS petition and send them all down to Canberra where they belong....

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Qumulys
Oh crap, the G20 is like a lightbulb for the moths of Byron Bay to swish their infested dreads and throw hissy fits and chairs at stuff.

WHY DONT THEY JUST USE THE PHONES!!!!!

Im from Byron and I would not leave the beautifull life there to go contaminate myself with the bad vibes coming from the Satanist meeting in Brisbane .
Enjoy the naked scanners everywhere for it and tell me why Sydney jerks dont have this retarded meeting there . Far more appropriate or even Canberra . Why not show off the NWO headquarters to them . Their new homes and estates once they start their wars in the North .

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
whats interesting bout his is , as reported this morning on 3AW radio in Melbourne, Melbourne was promised the G20 summit beforehand....even an assistanct commissioner was employed just for the task to over see it. they ( Melbourne Police) were expecting to upgrade all thier resources with the massive security cash ijection into their force...all of a sudden it was changed to brisbane......question should be answered....why?

what made em change from Melbounre to brisbane?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

lol, I always thought I'd been pretty open about my Aussieness...
SA born, livin' the dream in SEQ.

I was living off the Coast hinterland, and had to drive into Maroochydore for work at the time. It didn't matter which way you went (and there are several), you almost always got stopped, stuck in diverted traffic or redirected. It was a goddamned nightmare to say the least. I think at one point I was going to stay at a mate's place in Mooloolaba just to be close enough to work so I wasn't late every day.

Maybe with a bit of luck they can shut down Hamilton Island, or even better Lord Howe or something and send 'em all over there. It'd make our lives a lot more bearable, and the urge to wield firearms wouldn't be so strong....

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

Thats very interesting points you make . Why did they change from Melborne to Brisbane . I can only think it was that woman who secured it somehow . Queensland has massive debt after that womans government as does Australia as a whole now after this other womans management .

I would imagine the two women got together over this to secure it to Brisbane . The other result the Anna Bligh secured was the Commenwealth Games for the Gold Goast .
And I read a colum in the Brisbane Mail about the consequences of these events . Increased security with the lastest equitment everywhere . Those scanners will be employed outside of airport hubs. Why do we need those scanners at all .

We dont ofcourse . Increased helicopters and drone surveillance buzzing all over us . Stuff like that this collumist was glorifying as so wonderfull for our increased security . OMG I though . We dont have any security problems thankyou and are doing just fine so whos paid you to write this piece of propaganda . Just read it on Tuesday so still fresh . So I question too , why Queensland > Mining ?

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by 74Templar

Better yet how about Christmas Island....

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I love Brizzy..... It's a fantastic city!

I have a scanner radio app on my phone. I regularly listen to both the Queensland Police (Redcliffe and Caboolture) and Rockhampton Police. (Rocky and Yeppoon hold many good and sentimental memories for me....
)

Anyways, it ought to be fun to listen to the scanner traffic during the Summit.

new topics

top topics

join