It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sagan Series: Carl's thoughts put to new amazing HD video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
NASA has produced 9 short videos where Carl Sagan talks about the following:

1) - The Frontier Is Everywhere

2) - Life Looks for Life

3) - A Reassuring Fable

4) - Per Aspera Ad Astra

5) - Decide To Listen

6) - End of an Era: The Final Shuttle Launch

7) - The Long Astronomical Perspective

8) - Gift of Apollo

9) - The Humans

All nine combined are about 31 minutes long is linked here.

I sure do miss Carl. His words still ring true today, maybe even more so.

You should go full screen on this awesome Earth/Sky/Space video and select at least 720p(HD):

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Seriously brilliant...HD also! Totally downloading as I type this.
Carl Sagan is one of my greatest inspirations,
thanks for this

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
i watched the full documentary
many thanks for posting this
its a real shame we havnt stepped foot on the moon since 1972
we need to be going places

and i realy enjoyed the narration, his voice is enthralling

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

its a real shame we havnt stepped foot on the moon since 1972

It is. We should be on Mars by now but NASA budget cuts are getting larger and deeper.

One of the reasons I've heard for not spending money on the space programs is that "We could use that money to feed the poor". I don't see this happening even with less spending on space programs. I wont even go into all the technology spinoffs from space programs that would help everyone.

I do see huge amounts given to banks in terms of bailouts. Also 30 Major Corporations Paid No Income Taxes In The Last Three Years, While Making $160 Billion

I wish I didn't have to pay taxes and get handouts, oh wait that would make me a deadbeat and a crook wouldn't it?

How about we take some of the $2.1 TRILLION spent worldwide annually on the military and give some of that to the civilian space programs? From the video:

edit on 10-7-2012 by Nicolas Flamel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Nicolas Flamel

This is by far the most amazing video/documentary that i have seen till to today...

thanks

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by voyger2
reply to post by Nicolas Flamel

This is by far the most amazing video/documentary that i have seen till to today...

thanks

Thanks for your comment, I'm glad you liked it.

Carl Sagan is best known for his Cosmos TV Series and the SF movie Contact which is based on one his books.

He is also a Pulitzer prize winning author. His books discuss a broad range of subjects ranging from physics and cosmology, human evolution and the evolution of intelligence, the future of science and pseudoscience, extra-terrestrial life, literature, philosophy, psychology, mythology, and his personal search for God among other things. In many ways he was a Renaissance man. We were lucky to have him.

If you liked what you heard in this video, there's more like it in his books. You might want to read one of his books this summer? His books are easily understandable which is why he is considered by many to be a great communicator of science.

Here's a list of some of his more popular books:

www.goodreads.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I wish Carl Sagan was still alive today.

He was instrumental in my interest in science.

The first book I ever truly loved was Contact.

I've seen every episode of Cosmos.

Any time I hear his name I am taken back to when I was a child looking up at the sky wondering when it will be our turn to venture up into the stars.

posted on Jul, 17 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Brad-H

I don't see the point of this.The guy is old and dead and his fashion sense is awful.he looks dated.he is out of date and not relevant.

i mean they did not even have computers when he was alive so his knowledge is backward and wrong.

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by nobodysavedme
reply to post by Brad-H

I don't see the point of this.The guy is old and dead and his fashion sense is awful.he looks dated.he is out of date and not relevant.

i mean they did not even have computers when he was alive so his knowledge is backward and wrong.

Those are pretty weak accusations
(fashion sense? are you a 14 year old chick?)
I don't care if Sagan was wearing a chicken suite 24/7...my appreciation of him has nothing to do with any of that stuff. He helped me see the bigger picture of things, and he exposed me to religious bigotry...not to mention his contributions to astronomy (which, by they way, is still relevant and used to this day). The man was way ahead of his time.
edit on 2-8-2012 by Brad-H because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

reply to post by Brad-H

They did have computers and you are criticizing someone who is worlds ahead of anything you could ever dream of becoming.

Troll elsewhere, because you are the one who is irrelevant.
edit on 2-8-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

computers with 1 k of memory and less than 1 mhz speed.lol

my pocket calculator has more power than those antiques.

my pentium 4 quad core has 3000 million times more power and speed and memory.

posted on Aug, 3 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brad-H

reply to post by Brad-H

Those are pretty weak accusations
(fashion sense? are you a 14 year old chick?)
I don't care if Sagan was wearing a chicken suite 24/7..
e.
edit on 2-8-2012 by Brad-H because: (no reason given)

image is everything nowadays.

without the right image you are nothing.

what you wear defines you.

remember that is why nerds live in their mothers basement with and can't get girlfriends.

and you are lying when you say you would have listened to him wearing a chicken suit.

you would have laughed at him.

chicken...chiken...click cluck cluck chiken...

top topics

join