It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pacu, Testicle-Eating Fish Species, Caught In Lake Lou Yaeger In Illinois

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirhumperdink
so does anyone have any source confirming these fish have EVER bitten off someones testicles?

You asked for a source - I deliver it.
www.minnpost.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by MmmPie

Exactly. Pacu are extremely common on the fresh water department of pet stores. They are inexpensive and, generally sold at the size of a quarter or half dollar. They grow extremely fast and, while their natural diet consist of nuts and plants and whatnot, they will eat anything you put in the tank. We had a pair of them a long while back and they ate goldfish, hotdogs, bread, cookies etc. they ate. And ate. And ate.

And they grew. We gave them away when we moved the office. They were easily 8 inches long at the time.

In all the time we had them, they never once bit anyone who was maintaining or cleaning the tank.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MysteriousHusky

i asked for a source confirming that it has ever bitten someones testicles off
so far all we have are stories (two men in new guinea dead from blood loss after losing their testes no proof however this fish is responsible) hardly confirmation
and known information on the fish indicates it strongly prefers vegetation to meat
edit on 10-7-2012 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by sirhumperdink

I have no pictures, nor footage, but secondary sources of testicles being bitten off. Unless you go straight to a Police Office and ask for their records in South America of this happening media secondary sources are the most common evidence aside from hearsay.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MysteriousHusky

do you? or just the two mentioned in the article?
because i would love to hear of all the cases you know involving pacu biting off peoples testicles
edit on 10-7-2012 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join