It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pacu, Testicle-Eating Fish Species, Caught In Lake Lou Yaeger In Illinois

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Pacu, Testicle-Eating Fish Species, Caught In Lake Lou Yaeger In Illinois

www.huffingtonpo st.com

Pacu
A close-up of the pacu caught in Lake Lou Yaeger in Illinois.

When biologists say the pacu fish eats nuts, they may be correct in more ways than one.

The pacu, a toothy fish that can weigh up to 55 pounds, has been spotted in Lake Lou Yaeger in Illinois, KSDK reports.

Responding to a report that a fisherman had reeled in a piranha on June 7, lake superintendent Jim Caldwell brought the fish to the Illinois Department of Natural Resources, where it was identified as a pacu. Some reports say another pacu was seen a couple of weeks later.

Caldwell said he is still swimming in th
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Note: Please use the exact same title as the source article in BAN.
edit on 10-7-2012 by Gemwolf because: Fixed title

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Wow! These fish have human like teeth and can weigh over 50 pounds. This report should certainly give one pause before skinny dipping in Illinois lakes. Hopefully it wont get into Lake Michigan or the river systems. I wonder how such a fish got in the US from New Guinea in the first place....these are like a pirrahna on steroids (with human like lower teeth). Scary looking indeed. Pleaae heed this warning if you are male and swim naked.

www.huffingtonpo st.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:13 AM
link   
From South America, someone had one for a pet and let it go, now it's flourishing, etc. etc. etc.

Some people on this board had some for pets, others love to eat them. Someone that lives or lived in Hawaii doens't like them...

There's a thread about this from a few days ago...I do liek the testicle eating addition though!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
So they do not eat women then? Or do they attack the womens boobies?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by mee30

That was my wife's comment....that it would also go for women's breasts but apparently they have acquired a taste for the human variety of "mountain oysters" (which are also easier to bite off).

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I say if you have the ability to watch or have seen the episode of River Monsters the PACU fish, When small they feed on vegetation and as they mature, they start to grow human like teeth and turn meat eaters

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
so basically this testicle eating nonsense is based on unconfirmed stories in new guinea told to the host of an overly dramatic fishing show
the stories are rare and unconfirmed
and the fishes diet for the most part is vegetarian (eating meat when no other food is available) pacufish.org...

yeah i dont think i would worry about my testicles either

(but i suppose this all makes for a more entertaining story than "exotic fish found in lake" and thats all that matters right?)
edit on 10-7-2012 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Haha, you dont want one of those fella's latching on to you.

I think the Pacu is a vegetarian fish as well, or at least an omnivore. At least its not your traditional piranha that could just devour the testicles in a few seconds =P, these one's wont gang up on you in a pack and eat you though..

reminds me of a movie. I dont ever want to be eaten by fish.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Lol perhaps these fish are the reincarnation of scorned women?

Their teeth are pretty freaky looking, they have been posted quite a few times on here. Many even thought it was a photoshop job.
edit on 10-7-2012 by mee30 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I would hate to be the guy who found this out. The hard way.

But yeah.. No open sea swimming for me. I rather not risk it.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

I posted this story yesterday but it was thrown in trash bin last night for offending someone after it was moved by admins 3 other times. Don't expect it to be around long with testicles in the title.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
them teeth are insane the look like human teeth

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Harharhar next you guys will be seeing the media saying they are a weapon of mass destruction and must be nuked at all cost.
Weapons of mass distraction, OMG theres a balll eating fish in our lakes now, good news is they taste like chicken and theres no bag limit.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

Well....''testicles'' are a medical term for part of the male sexual organs (the article even uses the more colloquial terminology with "ball cutters"). The post was not a joke and a fish that can bite off and eat one's private parts is quite serious (permanent, life altering damage or even bleeding to death).
edit on 10-7-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: " for emphasis

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I've read those survival tale books speaking of fish who, when you go to take a leak in the water (pardon my terminology) swim into a person's urethra infecting it. These are not piranha sized fish or have sharp teeth like the one mentioned, but they are equally as scary and target the same region.

animal.discovery.com... or

edit on 10-7-2012 by MysteriousHusky because: Video and Link

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

The Moderator modified the title to be consistent with the headline in the article....My original title was "Skinny dip alert: testicle eating fish found in Illinois!!" So since it was from a legitimate story and has been vetted - it will stay.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Don't pee in the water.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by chevy369
Don't pee in the water.

A lesson I learned from reading that book

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Nobody wants an invasive non native species released into our waters but just be thankful it wasn't a candiru.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
so does anyone have any source confirming these fish have EVER bitten off someones testicles?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join