It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Will Shortly Take Place

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Apollumi

It certainly "feels" like we are out of balance. THe Earth is being stressed as this times "Men in Charge" are taking more from the Earth than they are giving back. I read recently where the Indian Nations in the America's would take better care of the planet for instance, when the indians would harvest a root for medicinal purposes, they would only take a portion of the root so the plant would continue to grow. That concept has not been used by Modern Man and it shows. The Earth does need cleaning or a "re-set". How this happens has been prophesied by all the major religions and it's really only one's guest, but, that said, it sure does feel like we're in for some sort of big change. The evil men in charge right now will never be displaced unless the system as a whole is brought completely down and then rebuilt. Changing leadership at this point will not be enough.
I can say this. Personally, I'm not religious and do not follow any specific dogma but if I had to pick one, it would be Catholicism (without the corrupt guidance of the current Church). I do believe that the teachings of that particular religion fit's mankind make up the closest. For instance, the religion doesn't condemn individual's for not following Catholicism to the letter but finds people who "do good" and follow the God concept are doing the right thing.
For some strange reason though, I have been feeling a strong pull towards praying to the Holy Mother. I never thought this way before but these days I'm praying like everyday. God help us.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrkn4livn
reply to post by Apollumi

It certainly "feels" like we are out of balance. THe Earth is being stressed as this times "Men in Charge" are taking more from the Earth than they are giving back. I read recently where the Indian Nations in the America's would take better care of the planet for instance, when the indians would harvest a root for medicinal purposes, they would only take a portion of the root so the plant would continue to grow. That concept has not been used by Modern Man and it shows. The Earth does need cleaning or a "re-set". How this happens has been prophesied by all the major religions and it's really only one's guest, but, that said, it sure does feel like we're in for some sort of big change. The evil men in charge right now will never be displaced unless the system as a whole is brought completely down and then rebuilt. Changing leadership at this point will not be enough.
I can say this. Personally, I'm not religious and do not follow any specific dogma but if I had to pick one, it would be Catholicism (without the corrupt guidance of the current Church). I do believe that the teachings of that particular religion fit's mankind make up the closest. For instance, the religion doesn't condemn individual's for not following Catholicism to the letter but finds people who "do good" and follow the God concept are doing the right thing.
For some strange reason though, I have been feeling a strong pull towards praying to the Holy Mother. I never thought this way before but these days I'm praying like everyday. God help us.

Um. The earth is basically a closed system, and mankind is part of the system. Saying "we take more than we give back" is to not understand a closed system to such an extent I question your G.E.D.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by sdocpublishing
You lost me here

the Bible and its unfailing predictions

Please show me one (1) unfailing prediction in the bible.

Not a vague, generalized prediction, a specific unfailing prediction in the bible that has come true and you can prove.

Could start with the birth and death of Christ, as explained in Isaiah?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
We live in a universe so large we can't comprehend it. Trillions of galaxies, smuckin fillions of stars, certainly teeming with life. But humanity is so arrogant we collectively think it's all about us. Like God has nothing better to do than babysit this one little planet and its narcissistic denizens. Pure silliness.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I don't think there is any point in the past 2000 years at least you couldn't apply all the predictions to. They are vague enough that an individual can see them coming true at any point.

Imagin what people must have thought during WW2?

We are fraud creatures constantly strugging to find balance and morality in an unfair and unjust universe that is indifferent to us.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SubAce

Who is this jehovah you speak of? Isn't the name of God Yahweh? Methinks you may find yourself hanging on the law and the prophets. Maybe have another read and see if you cannot glean some real pearls. Any GROUP that claims exclusivity to the Divine is now red flagged in my eyes. It took me awhile, I now believe spirituality beats religiosity and day.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Hi subace. You're very zealous and that is admirable. People should feel strong about their convictions. As someone that was raised as a Jehovah's Witness, baptized, and since moved on- I have a unique view into the perspective you see the world through. I would caution you to minister in a more subtle manner. No one likes to be overwhelmed or to feel like someone is trying to convert them.

When I was in 7th grade (around the time I was baptized) a teacher thought it would be fun for a classmate and I to have a religious debate in front of everyone. I outlined and scripted, researched and memorized every aspect of the discussion. The poor guy had no chance. It didn't make me right and it didn't convince him of anything.

People respond to people- not well researched quotations. That's the stuff that solidifies a faith but it doesn't usually create one. Someone has to believe in your bible before they will give a care about what it says.

I stumbled upon some of your posts and thought I should let you know that it was a bit aggressive and maybe if you tone it down you could get a real fair discussion going.
edit on 19-7-2012 by 8675309J because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-7-2012 by 8675309J because: I hate typos

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
My Jehovah's Witness mother sits in a hospital right now unable to have a surgery because no doctor wants to take on a no blood transfusion patient. She will be transported to another hospital when someone can find a doctor willing to risk it. I understand why a doctor wouldn't want to do the surgery. I struggle to understand the religious belief. I respect it and love her endlessly but neither will save her life.

link   

edit on 19-7-2012 by 8675309J because: (no reason given)

link   

edit on 19-7-2012 by 8675309J because: Same post loaded too many times. oops

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Reply to SubAce; With malice toward none I wish to point out a very easily checked set of facts.
First SubAce let me direct your attention to the Watchtower Committee.
As you are no doubt aware The Watchtower Committee has on several occasions announced dates that "Jehova" would return, they have always claimed to be in communication with angels, and have stated that these angels informed them of the time. Many Jehova's Witnesses gave away all their belongings and gathered in mass on hillsides dressed in white robes.
Jehova did not come.
Now we have historical record of these pronouncements, and we have record of error, and of consorting with "fallen angels" for the Bible states that an angel who speaks not the truth are not angels of God but are messengers of Satan.
This means that The Watchtower Committee is under the influence of Satan, and it is their folly to lead well meaning persons astray, this alone is enough to declare the Jehova's Witness a demonic entity.
I also question your "Bible".
My Bible says that there is to be no private interpetation of the word of God,
and a curse is upon those who add or remove one jot or tiddle to the word of God, which for mankind is the Bible.
Your version seems to play fast and loose with Jots and Tiddles, in doing so the compiler has spat in the face of God.
Next I'll address your claim of Jehova's name appearing in Ezekiel 38:18-20.
I refer to The Thompson Chain Reference Bible copyright 1934, and to the same Thompson's 1908 printing.
First SubAce, there is no mention of the name Jehova to be found in Ezekiel 38:18-20. None at all.
Unlike many posters I will not continue point on point since you seem to be reading some private interpetation intended for only Jehova's Witnesses, for a simple glance at the Concordance of the King James version shows the name Jehova not to be found within the tomb at all.
We know from studying the word however that God has many names, as does Satan, but The Christ's name is Jesus.
The Jehova's Witnesses seem a bit confused concerning the Trinity, names of the Holy and such.
One last thing, the King James Version of the Bible speaks of the heavens being suspended on pillars set at the four corners of the earth, yet you speak of a different arrangement.
Would you please state the full name of your bible, and please give authority concerning the compiler?
I believe people should make peace with their God and do his work to preach the Gospel to the heathen, but it is critically important that false witness be avoided at all cost.
Jehova's Witness would fall into the catagory of Protestant, this means you follow ways Martin Luther began. Martin Luther was excommunicated from the church for consorting with demons, but returned to the church seeking forgiveness, he was granted final rites as practised by the Church.
I'm sorry to have to disagree with you, but you state the historical accuracy of the Bible as though it were fact, it is not.
The Romans kept immaculate records and the names of the disciples do not appear, nor does the Crucifixion of Christ nor that of the inverted Crucifixion of Peter.
In fact serious study of historical records bear out little (and I'm being charitable) of the "history" as recorded by Biblical statements.
You will not recieve any further critique from me, though there is much we could compare and contrast were we given to debate.
I do not blame you for error, to be mislead, while a sin, is not a deadly sin, save for those who mislead others.
I do respect your will to help lead the lost to God, but please my friend study a few other Bibles.
I am an interfaith minister, I have studied religions since I was 8 years old, and have not the faith of a mustard seed, though I have hope that we who are diligent in our search for God will find forgiveness when we stand before God in final judgement.
Though we may have disagreements I feel you are being forthright in stating your beliefs, and have not written this to condemn your beliefs, only to respectfully ask that you remain faithful to searching the Word for the narrow, twisting, and rocky path which leads to salvation.
I think we as men, if we are honest, see the hand of God in many things, and our understanding is that of little children, but any child could bear witness that theories of evolution are complete fantasy...as if ten thousand monkeys given unlimited time, paper and typewriters could eventually produce the works of Shakespear.
I do admire your courage in attempting to lead others toward the light, may your way be illuminated by the love of the great I Am.

I don't lurk on threads, so if I do not answer any argument you may feel inclined to give, don't think I am disregarding you personally, as the Talking Heads said, "If I say a thing once, why say it again".
BTW Thank you for your very nice work, a worthy post.
May you find your star in Heaven, since you have gained another here, one needn't agree to reward an honest effort , have a flag as well my friend.
edit on 22-7-2012 by Luminaught because: Stars, Flags, and Best Wishes.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by kudegras

Amen....

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by openyourmind1262
It's been taking place since your little book of lies was written. Is it ever gonna start? Or is it allways gonna be " "It's coming"? A book of words, not very well put together, some stories of divine doings. And some folks want to live their lives by it's word? How absurd is that?

The bible whether the christian version or muslim version or what ever version you choose to read and belive reads like bad stereo instructions from china. It contradicts itself page after page, but we have preachers to interpret that for you don't you. How do you know their interpreting it correct? You don't, hence why we have so many preachers. And so many interpratations of that particular read.

I have asked every church person I have ever meet the same question. I allways said the same thing. If you can give me an answer with out suspending reality as I know it in order for me to understand the answer, I'll give you all the time in the world to convert me over.

Here's the question . Adam & Eve first man first woman, there was supposedly no other people but those two. They had two sons. Cain & Able. The bible clearly states Cain & Able "begot wives". Where pray tell did those wives come from? Was a son or two bumbing ugly with momma? Or was there other people allready there?

When something contradicts itself over & over time after time why would we take it as real? I don't. When one can answer the questions I have about how the bible contradicts itself and you have to suspend our reality to make it all work out..... I want to laugh out loud. And I do...... Any body want I'll compile you a list of contradictions within the bible and let your answers wash away my sins. Because if the bible is real, Santa's gonna bring me a new bike for christmas. Because Santa is real & I hope he brings the Easter Bunny along just for shat's & giggles.

Keep living life on a fairey tale, and you might find out the fairey tale is just a lie. Of biblical proportions. All of the above words are my own opinion. And like arseholes, we all have one. I have a question? Why so many religions but only one God? It seems to me that if it is real, one religion is the correct one and the others are just lies.
edit on 10-7-2012 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

It was funny as i read this, because its probably one of the most frank, and easily described though process for critically analysing the bible, and its the exact same process i went through when i took the time to learn a little about the bible and more importantly, its origins, which i find to be one of the best indicators to its authenticity.

But how simple is it, As you say, ''If you can give me an answer with out suspending reality as I know it in order for me to understand the answer, I'll give you all the time in the world to convert me over'', and there is no explanation for many of the contradictions in the bible.

And my favourite part which i think the vast bulk of religeos people forget, they get their instruction from a man, who ''interprets'' the word of ''god'', they just make half of it up as they go along, who gives them the authority to make such statements? oh thats right, ''God'' does, dont make me laugh my sides are hurting already from watching the rediculous reality of humanity and its idiocy

posted on Apr, 18 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeReasonable
And my favourite part which i think the vast bulk of religeos people forget, they get their instruction from a man, who ''interprets'' the word of ''god'', they just make half of it up as they go along, who gives them the authority to make such statements? oh thats right, ''God'' does, dont make me laugh my sides are hurting already from watching the rediculous reality of humanity and its idiocy

Yet the Bible itself says this:

(Daniel 12:4) . . .“And as for you, O Daniel, make secret the words and seal up the book, until the time of [the] end. Many will rove about, and the [true] knowledge will become abundant.”

So there will be those whom Jehovah allows to discern Bible truth, and the "true knowledge" will become abundant and evident. It will not be just ideas men are teaching. It will be from Jehovah God:

(Matthew 24:45-47) . . .“Who really is the faithful and discreet slave whom his master appointed over his domestics, to give them their food at the proper time? 46 Happy is that slave if his master on arriving finds him doing so. 47 Truly I say to YOU, He will appoint him over all his belongings.

It is an assured promise of the God who cannot lie:

(Daniel 11:33) . . .And as regards those having insight among the people, they will impart understanding to the many. . . .

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join