It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Will Shortly Take Place

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci

Originally posted by babybunnies
When will people stop taking The Bible literally?

It's a collection of moral myths and fairy tales, that's all.

That statement can be made with just the same amount of certainty that the OP's statements are made.

Except for one thing. The OP uses the holy writings of truth as its backing. If there are misunderstandings in the prophecies, of course it is possible. But that is human error, the Bible is unerringly the Word of God and infallible:

(2 Peter 1:20, 21) . . .For YOU know this first, that no prophecy of Scripture springs from any private interpretation. 21 For prophecy was at no time brought by man’s will, but men spoke from God as they were borne along by holy spirit.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny
reply to post by kilodelta

I don't fully understand Johovas Witnesses enough to jude them, but I have a feeling ikd dislike them.

You seem like a likable chap. I have a feeling if you really did get the time to get to know us, you would really find out that we have a lot more in common than you can imagine, and you might find that may indeed like what you learn!

www.jw.org...

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrUncreated
You forgot the part where after 1,000 years, God releases Satan so he can...with people again because, you know, God is testy like that, and likes to be thorough.

(Revelation 20:3) . . .And he hurled him into the abyss and shut [it] and sealed [it] over him, that he might not mislead the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. After these things he must be let loose for a little while.

The universe was brought into existence many billions of years ago. Everything God has made, he has made perfect and beautiful, in its time:

(Ecclesiastes 3:11) 11 Everything he has made pretty in its time. Even time indefinite he has put in their heart, that mankind may never find out the work that the [true] God has made from the start to the finish.

A few thousand years ago, a blimp of just a fraction of a second of time to God sin and error appeared in his perfect universe, when one of his angelic sons rebelled and sinned and got the first human pair to follow his rebellious course. God has allowed a few thousand years of time for them to prove whether they can rule themselves without his interference. Now that Satan has been proven to be a defunct ruler, and mankind has shown he can never rule himself God will correct things.

After the final test all things will be brought back together, after Satan and his demons are destroyed, and all those still rejecting love and truth for hatred and lies, then indeed all things will be brought together again:

(Ephesians 1:9, 10) . . .It is according to his good pleasure which he purposed in himself 10 for an administration at the full limit of the appointed times, namely, to gather all things together again in the Christ, the things in the heavens and the things on the earth. . . .

And then all human creation that was subjected to futility will be set free from enslavement to sin and death and rejoice in the beautiful freedom of being children of God with eternal life in perfection for all eternity:

(Romans 8:20, 21) . . .For the creation was subjected to futility, not by its own will but through him that subjected it, on the basis of hope 21 that the creation itself also will be set free from enslavement to corruption and have the glorious freedom of the children of God.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by tangonine
Like everyone else, I get the Jehova's Witness folks rolling by the house about once ever 2 months. Cute little old people that show up just as you're grilling steaks (their timing is impeccable).

When that time comes, will you be able to say Jehovah God never sent his witnesses to warn you out of love to turn around and repent:

(Ezekiel 33:12, 13) . . .“And as for you, O son of man, say to the sons of your people, ‘The righteousness of the righteous one will not itself deliver him in the day of his revolt. But as regards the wickedness of the wicked one, he will not be made to stumble by it in the day of his turning back from his wickedness. Nor will even anyone having righteousness be able to keep living because of it in the day of his sinning. 13 When I say to the righteous one: “You will positively keep living,” and he himself actually trusts in his own righteousness and does injustice, all his own righteous acts will not be remembered, but for his injustice that he has done—for this he will die.

(Romans 10:13-15) . . .For “everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.” 14 However, how will they call on him in whom they have not put faith? How, in turn, will they put faith in him of whom they have not heard? How, in turn, will they hear without someone to preach? 15 How, in turn, will they preach unless they have been sent forth? Just as it is written: “How comely are the feet of those who declare good news of good things!”

edit on 11-7-2012 by SubAce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deetermined
reply to post by SubAce

Do you care to explain what "I create new heavens and a new earth" means to you?

Based on your previous definition, this would mean that God will create new governmental authorities and new wicked men.

The "new heavens" is indeed a new governmental structure. It is God's kingdom government that will rule over mankind. It is this of which we were told to pray in Jesus' model prayer for his followers, "You kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven." Jesus Christ is the rightful ruler of the earth, when he brings an end to this wicked system of things and destroys all human governments, or the heavens now established on earth, he will begin ruling over all mankind:

(Daniel 2:44) “And in the days of those kings the God of heaven will set up a kingdom that will never be brought to ruin. And the kingdom itself will not be passed on to any other people. It will crush and put an end to all these kingdoms, and it itself will stand to times indefinite;

The new earth will be a meek and righteous humans who love right and good. Gone will be all wicked and bad people:

(Matthew 5:5) . . .“Happy are the mild-tempered ones, since they will inherit the earth.

(Psalm 37:29) The righteous themselves will possess the earth, And they will reside forever upon it.

(Proverbs 2:21, 22) 21 For the upright are the ones that will reside in the earth, and the blameless are the ones that will be left over in it. 22 As regards the wicked, they will be cut off from the very earth; and as for the treacherous, they will be torn away from it.

(Revelation 21:1-4) 21 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the former heaven and the former earth had passed away, and the sea is no more. 2 I saw also the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God and prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his peoples. And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”

This is indeed good news! Good news to righteous meek people who love truth and right. Its message appeals to all those rightly disposed for everlasting life:

(Acts 13:48) . . .When those of the nations heard this, they began to rejoice and to glorify the word of Jehovah, and all those who were rightly disposed for everlasting life became believers.

Those who love truth and right listen to God's message of the good news. Where do you stand?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by R6A6W6

What time frame would you say is soon? This year, 10 years or 100 years.
I have already read the bible and found it to be a good story but then I've read heaps of good stories and lots of them contained prophetic visions of the future. Doesn't mean I believed all the books I read.

Well said and thank you for being sensible.

When people go on the make threads about religion, full stop, I want to see comparisons from other religious texts, then I'll respect it enough to listen to a point of view from an op. It shows a level of worldly open mindedness.

I have faith in fellow man/woman regardless of a book, it's our humanity and compassion and ability to forgive others that makes us very special indeed, that isn't a religious thing, it's a personal thing and what kind of person you are.

There are plenty of 'good' poor people and plenty of 'good' rich people. The ones who know this isn't true about themselves.....well now, that's for them to deal with the best they have learnt how, it depends on the motives.

To the op
There is light in dark and dark in light, who the hell are you to point a finger?!

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AussieAmandaC

Thank you for your kind comments. It is naeive to think mankind will fix problems they have never been able to, but if you refuse to believe in a God that promises to do so and will do so, what else can you do? But remember these words:

(Psalm 146:3) . . .Do not put YOUR trust in nobles, Nor in the son of earthling man, to whom no salvation belongs.

And also:

(Jeremiah 10:23) I well know, O Jehovah, that to earthling man his way does not belong. It does not belong to man who is walking even to direct his step.

And yes time will tell who is right. You or God.

I am no one to judge anyone. God himself asks this question. So your rhetorical question you posed to me I realize is aimed at God and I don't take offense at it. May he respond to you who he is. That's between you and Him.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   
reply to post by tangonine

I do not care much for the religious comments on the thread but noticed you assertion and will agree with you. At the same time it must be said that the level of civility has indeed increased. We no longer actively attack and destroy every outsiders that infringe in our territory, the level of confrontation when we fight for new resources is also distinct it is done in a level above conquest and pillage (by most part), it still occurs but in a more complex way.

The major correction to your statement (and what the OP misses as the cause) is that we have had an exponential population growth. Mathematically there is not much room to grow (space, food and energy). Conflicts will grow both in number and intensity if no solution, a lasting solution, is found, collapse is not only a possibility but the most probable outcome, we will are left only have to decide how to manage it.

The chances that those in power will take and make the right choices is getting all to obvious as not happening, changes are difficult, especially if they are about concepts and ideas. The responses to the economic woes (and even the causes) serve as an example on how things will be handled and what we should expect.

To compound all this problems we are left with dealing with this archaic religious dogmas, that are not only self evidently false but now outdated to our reality today. There is no sane defense to any of the organized religions dogmas, unless we deny what we know as reality, some exception can be given to Buddhism because of its extremely simplicity and self contained validity, when not instrumentalized by one group or another or around a personage (including Buda).

Another factor is that more people generate more ideas and ideas have power, often more power than the person generating them. Communications today makes it possible to ideas to spread faster and faster, as as ideas move, actions fallow, it is all accelerating more than ever before and ideas have one intrinsic characteristic, they diverge and even collide this all puts as today in the edge of a precipice, where numerous possible chain events will not only result in level of chaos never before seen but may well end us all.

edit on 11-7-2012 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by SubAce

I was raised Catholic and have gone through a lot of searching through my life, I'm 48 years old. I believe in the substance that you transcribed in your thread, but I caution you that God knows his people, I don't think what organized religion one would subscribe to matters.. That's the thing that most "bible" thumping (I don't mean that disparaging so, I'm a bible thumper) What is so hard to understand what Jesus taught us while he was down amongst us humans? Obey God's commandments? He brought us into existence. Don't judge other people? None of us can or ever will be perfect. Forgive others as He will forgive us? Enough said.

I also feel the time is nigh. Especially with all the new agers happily following thier "channeled" spirit guides and the belief that the "aliens" from space are going to save us.

Also, don't ignore that the illuminati or TPTB don't understand the end is coming. Look how they're stealing and hoarding money and attempting to save themselves in the material ways. Satan sure is busy. They can't seem to understand that Satan is laughing at them as he knows the bible better than we humans do.

It's going to be a rough decade with a lot of destruction and persecution. God made us, God can take us out. Sometimes I am envious of the people who are dying of "natural" causes right now, as they won't have to live through all the torment that is sure to befall all of us humans.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
The "Abomination of the Desolation":

www.google.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SubAce

(Revelation 21:1-4) 21 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth; for the former heaven and the former earth had passed away, and the sea is no more. 2 I saw also the holy city, New Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God and prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: “Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his peoples. And God himself will be with them. 4 And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.”

I think you're finally starting to get it by posting this verse!

The new heaven and new earth is the NEW JERUSALEM that will be ruled by God!

However, if you continue in your studies in Revelation 21, you'll realize that the New Jerusalem doesn't even come close to resembling the current earth. There will be no more sea, sun or moon, for it's not needed. It will have streets and two rivers that resemble gold/crystal/glass. So it is indeed a new heaven/earth and we will have different bodies.

For the old heaven and earth will have passed away exactly as outlined in 2 Peter 3:10.

10) But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.

So, no, this is not a metaphor. This is exactly what needs to happen in order to bring down the New Jerusalem as you stated.

Other than your statements of "supposed" Christians making false statements about the new heaven and new earth, according to the Bible, I think you had a very good and informative post.

Peace!

P.S. I just want to add that I think it's ironic too that for every person who believes that our current heavens/universe came into existence by the way of a "big bang", so must it too end with a "great noise"!

edit on 11-7-2012 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
There will be no Armageddon. Some people will live and others will die. This will happen out of nature or the machinations of humans. Some will be in the midst of war, famine, disease, etc. Some will be man made and some natural.

The bible gives lots of indications of end times, but the question is when. 2012 or 20012 or 200012. The fact is the bible does not give dates, and the veiled references do not nail anything down.

The best thing anyone can do is be a Prepper. have a years supply of food, means to gather or grow food, and a plan for protection. I'm not a Mormon, but they encourage their believers to be preppers. (Probably not the right word but you understand to what I am referring.)

Few of us have the ability to hide hundreds of feet underground, with a granite mountain above us, but it is relatively easy to construct a small shelter underground, using a shipping container or a heavy duty truck body. Put in it a composting toilet, a sink with a control to use small amounts of water, some propane and a stove on which to cook, etc etc etc. In this way if there is some natural disaster or people shooting guns, you will have a chance to survive.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
You lost me here

the Bible and its unfailing predictions

Please show me one (1) unfailing prediction in the bible.

Not a vague, generalized prediction, a specific unfailing prediction in the bible that has come true and you can prove.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
This thread is absolute BS! We are all Gods. Children of the Most High. Pay no attention to the new testament it is filled with lies. The Old Testament is where the truth is found. The OP's life is filled with fear, and if your vibration stays 3D some of the things he say could come true for you.. Its a choice really... Ill choose option B and Ascend up to 5D. Peace

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by The GameKeeper

This thread is absolute BS! We are all Gods. Children of the Most High. Pay no attention to the new testament it is filled with lies. The Old Testament is where the truth is found.

Then you better get started by reading the book of Zechariah!

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by sdocpublishing

Not a vague, generalized prediction, a specific unfailing prediction in the bible that has come true and you can prove.

Here's a few to get you started.

"Fulfilled Prophecy: Evidence for the Reliability of the Bible"

www.reasons.org...

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sdocpublishing

Originally posted by sdocpublishing

If you truly WANT proof why don't you ask God for it?

He gave it to me without even asking for it supernaturally

If you WANT the truth, go after it yourself, no one else will prove things for you.

You are the one that's been been LIED to, YOU have been deceived, only YOU can change that.

There are 28 books throughout human history that people claim to be from God. How do we know which one is from God? Only the Bible contains prophecy (foretelling of the future) that has NEVER missed.

"There are 456 OLD TESTAMENT AND NEW TESTAMENT PROPHECIES about the Messiah that were fulfilled by the life of Jesus Christ. The Bible has many that were written thousands of years before Jesus was born! Precise, detailed prophecies such as; where He would be born (Micah 5:2), how He would be born, (Isaiah 7:14) how He would die (Psalm 34:20), etc. And history has PROVEN, without ANY doubt whatsoever, they were fulfilled EXACTLY as the Bible had prophesied, hundreds of years earlier!"

The chances of just 48 out of the 456 prophecies being fulfilled in one person are 1 in 10 to the 157 power.

That's — 1 in 10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,

"According to Emile Borel, once one goes past one chance in 10^50, the probabilities are so small that it is impossible to think that they will ever occur..." LINK

"...what's the likelihood of a person predicting today the exact city in which the birth of a future leader would take place, well into the 21st century? This is indeed what the prophet Micah did 700 years before the Messiah. Further, what is the likelihood of predicting the precise manner of death that a new, unknown religious leader would experience, a thousand years from now - a manner of death presently unknown, and to remain unknown for hundreds of years? Yet, this is what David did in 1000 B.C.

Again, what is the likelihood of predicting the specific date of the appearance of some great future leader, hundreds of years in advance? This is what Daniel did, 530 years before Christ. ...Indeed, it may be possible for someone to fake one or two of the Messianic prophecies, but it would be impossible for any one person to arrange and fulfill all of these prophecies." LINK

"Any man who rejects Christ as the Son of God is rejecting a fact, proved perhaps more absolutely than any other fact in the world. God so thoroughly vindicated Jesus Christ that even mathematicians and statisticians, who were without faith, had to acknowledge that it is scientifically impossible to deny that Jesus is the Christ."

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Every generation has thought they were the last. Why should we be different?

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiracyBuff

This is not true. The last time the sentiment has been so global was during the last two world wars and the Cuban missile crisis (for those aware of it).

There have been other negative moments but it was restricted to specific regions, globally like today I can only identify these... ... to a point that even China and Japan are affected this is truly global...

edit on 11-7-2012 by Panic2k11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Oh Op... how to respond...

Having read through the whole 6 pages, I just am not sure how to quite put it into words. So let me try with the following...

WHAT IF YOU ARE WRONG?

Because your faith in the words of men, written in the books of men, are not your own, or based on your experience or perspective. Truth is different to different people, your truth is someone else's lies or propaganda, and so it is in reverse.

The creative source should not be feared, it should be engaged in whichever method is right per individual. Words cannot do it justice, words cannot explain the universe, because it's purpose is beyond our ability to understand in this lifetime, with these limitation. Limitations we increase when we bound and enslave ourselves beneath the words of men.

This restricting of our intellectual and emotional freedom is probably at fault for the problems in the world... but then if we are here for experience, to expand our knowledge and our emotions... is there really any fault in the world at all? If the creative source had the power to create the "heavens and earth" then they have the power to change it all in an instant. The power to show us the truth through the eyes and understanding of the creator and the creator alone, not through the eyes of men, blinded by power and corruption.

The fact that we continue with this experience, of life and of love, of darkness, anger, death, despair, joy and happiness and life, would suggest all is as it should be.

When you experience the true nature of the creative source, and the universe, then you will understand the emptiness that is present in the words of men. Because the words of men cannot explain the true reality of our existence.

I wish you well in your journey... may you find your own path and connection to the creative source.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join