It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human Bones found at Haunted Home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Reported by: Andrea Canning
Web produced by: Liz Foreman
Photographed by: 9News
4/23/03 5:01:12 PM

The mystery continues in a Clermont County neighborhood after a set of human bones were discovered in a well Tuesday.
This isn't the first time police have been called to the home in the 3700 block of Nine Mile Road in Pierce Township.

"It was in three pieces -- three main pieces -- and there was no jaw bone. It did seem to be a small skull," said handyman Scott Brady, who said he couldn't believe his eyes when he discovered human bones in a well Tuesday.

A human skull wasn't the only skull Brady found.

"There was also a marble skull down in there also and so it just seemed kind of ominous," Brady said, adding that neighbors claim the 65-year-old home has been haunted for years.

Police even tell 9News they've received a number of calls referencing the home's strange history. Police wouldn't elaborate on the information but did confirm a woman accidentally died at the home in 1994.

The woman's last name -- Jett -- is even on a fireplace poker stand that was found in the water next to the skull.

"We've received calls from people who have gone back to the 1950's and told us what they remembered about homes and information they remembered as kids, things they heard in that of," said Col. James Smith of the Pierce Township Police Department.

Police said they will continue to interview residents and search for previous owners but in the meantime the focus is on technology and finding out who the bones belong to.

"They'll look at growth patterns, take various measurements to give us an idea about potential race and sex. Then other agencies will be able to check old reports or missing persons, possible homicides but right now it's very early in the investigation," said Clermont Co. Coroner Dr. Brian Treon.

The bones have been sent to a forensic pathologist and anthropologist.

The coroner said it could take a while to identify the bones and determine if there was any foul play because they were in the water for quite sometime.

wcpo.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 04:08 PM
link   
i dont think my planed visit to a haunted house is going to go ahead as i dont think the house no longer hires itself out for the evening... maybe i need to find somewhere else to go, i would of thought castles and stuff would be a good place to start...

join