It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuns Launch Latest Assault Against Strip Club In Stone Park

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Nuns Launch Latest Assault Against Strip Club In Stone Park

chicago.cbslocal.com

It sounds like a B-movie title: nuns versus strippers.

But it’s ongoing dispute in the suburb of Stone Park, where a strip club is preparing to open next to a convent. On Monday, the nuns held a demonstration with unusual weapons: balloons.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Well this is not merely a protest from the nuns, they are also apparently claiming that the strip club is not legally suppose to be placed there:

A Roman Catholic legal group, the Thomas More society, recently sent a letter to the owners of the club claiming the state liquor control act forbids a license to the club. The society demanded that the owners “cease and desist” their plan for such a place near the convent.

The nuns convent was obviously in the area well before the strip club, however apparently the strip club was granted the right under zoning laws to build there. I believe that they should have the right to build a strip club around that area. There isn't a school next to it or anything of that nature, I have to ask where do we draw the line when it comes to the rights of property owners and property sellers, or just rights in general.

chicago.cbslocal.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Roman Catholic church on one side, "Get It" Strip Club on the other.

Sounds like a pervert's paradise.

Honestly, this is just as funny as that "Pole Dancing for Jesus" story.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Here's another article on the matter:

According to Brejcha, the men’s club violates state law because it is too close to a place of worship and schools.

There's a state law to protect religious institutions from being offended? I can understand schools, we should draw the line there, but religious institutions as well? This isn't right. Freedom isn't something we should support when it only caters to our agenda and sensitivities. If somebody decided to establish a pork butchers next to a mosque, I'd support the right of the butcher and I'm sure most ATSers would here as well.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Well, theres an easy fix if you ask me....allow the nuns to be pole dancers...that will drive away business and the club will have to close.

Yo know why they call em nuns?

Aint got nun, don't want nun, not gonna get nun.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   
No1 rule of religion is in effect again. Which is "Shove your beliefs down everyone elses throats".

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I would think a gaggle of nuns just hanging out in front of the strip club would be enough to make them shut down.
I think most fellas would choose to go to a club without nuns by the front door. I know I would.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by subject x
I would think a gaggle of nuns just hanging out in front of the strip club would be enough to make them shut down.
I think most fellas would choose to go to a club without nuns by the front door. I know I would.

Are you kiddin? that would make me think they were crusin for some man meat...I'd pull into the parking lot at least....and then pull out.

(did you catch the joke? Or do I have to spell it out for you and get an infraction?)

top topics

join