It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In the case of a false flag in London, Are the Crown Jewels Safe?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I have not been to London since 1978 so I am sorry if they have been moved, but with all the talk of a false flag situation during the opening ceremonies of the London Olympics, it made me wonder. Are the Crown Jewels still in the tower? In todays day and age it would be easy to make replicas and replace them at night when the tours are out. So they could have already been replaced long ago but if not I would think that if there was a possibility of any type of loss they would be moved and hidden. I was just wondering if anyone noticed this has been done or if there were plans to do so. I realize the Yeomen Warders (‘Beefeaters’) guard them very well and there is no doubt that they could keep them safe from theft but if there is a possibility of terrorist activity it would make sense to move them. Just a thought. Anyone have any ideas?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Pretty sure they're locked up in a state of the art vault, the beef eaters are pretty much ceremonial tat for the tourists and i'm sure they have evacuation plans for them to another secure site so if there was to be a false flag they'd be miles away and some fake stuff put on display to keep the tourists happy (probably like they do now)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

Last I knew and according to wikki they are still on display in the Tower of London. Yes they are very protected having glass and multiple bars as well as the guards, but in the case of, say a nuclear detonation, they would not survive. Yes I am an American but I still know they represent a great deal of History. You are probably right I just worry about our historical items, like the idiots that put the Smithsonian on the Mall in Washington D.C. One attack and countless items of historical value would be gone, or L' Louvre in Paris. I would just hate to see them lost. The Taliban has already destroyed Buddha statues a couple of millennia old we don't need any more losses of this type.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
they will be locked up in a state of the art vault as
Maxatoria said,
not to mention security presence
i bet the sas crw wings will be on continuous
rotation too

also again as Maxatoria said they are probably fake ones..
edit on 10/7/12 by slaine1978 because: (no reason given)

if they need to hide them bring them back to wales there made out of welsh gold anyway

edit on 10/7/12 by slaine1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Given that london was heavily bombed in WW2 and then we had the Irish terrorists blowing up stuff i'm sure pretty much every museum and other place with priceless relics will have a evacuation plan to get them probably into an old salt mines or slate quarries (less damp) somewhere well out of the way see BBC

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:21 AM
link   
And all along I thought the crown jewels were what Prince William carries around in his scrotum.

Had me worried Kate was thinking of cutting them off?

Ok...I think I need sleep... my humor is getting a little whacked out..

edit on 10-7-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join