It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Eye-Bracelet" Norways crown princess & German Press BS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Hi!
15 min ago i was at my doctor's office i had to wait a bit, so i took the german magazine "BUNTE" those yellow press sh*t.
While reading i found a picture/story about Mette Marit the Norwegian Crown Princess with a Golden bracelet
with an "EYE" worked into, you see on the Picture down here. What i found a little disturbing is, and that is why i wrote this thread. In the magazine they say the eye in the bracelet is to protect someone self against
"enviousness" & "jealousy" (Tell it to the marines!) Sorry but in my view that is absolute stupefaction of the people here.
What do you guys think?...., is this a little to far fetched from my perspective or not.
It ain't a big deal but i just wanna to know others thoughts on this.

Couldn't find the original Pic from the magazine but this one is 100% the same from her
Bracelet-Pic

edit on 10/7/12 by D0MiNAT0R 1OOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
It is for what she said it was for...It is to protect one from "The Evil Eye".

Evil Eye

en.wikipedia.org...

That is unless everyone who is wearing this new trend is hiding something.
edit on 7/10/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
We have a big Greek community nearby and you see these a lot. These types of talismans go way back. They are big in the middle east. If you dig up pictures of some of the ancient boats from the Mediterranean they have these eyes painted on the prow of the boat. It's supposed to ward off evil. Ever hear of someone giving someone the "evil eye?" Don't think it is anything new or dark and mysterious just something hip and trendy this week.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Nice bracelet. Do they come in green with a reptilian slit pupil?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Thx to you all for clarification !... ;-)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I don't like it, the chain looks too thin and flimsy compared to the size of the decorative eye.

I have an alternative idea why she's wearing it. Not because of its symbolism, but perhaps because she simply liked it?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
She has man hands, baby. Was going to give the evil eye explanation but looks like im late...

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I wouldn't read to much into it
It just looks like a cool bracelet. Not all people are into Symbolism and she may just like cool looking jewelery

new topics

top topics

join