It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the hell did I see?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
So tonight I was walking my dog. We live by an elementary school, and I take her through the school's playground whenever we go. I don't often walk at night but I felt like it tonight. As we were approaching the school yard, a solid, back and forth, chain link sound was going on. Obviously there are swings at the playground, but there was zero wind tonight, and the sound was continuous. Many thoughts were running through my head....What's a little kid doing at a playground at 12:30 AM? What's an adult doing on a swing at 12:30 AM?

Then the idea of a ghost entered my head. It was very passing, but I thought, 'man if a little ghost kid comes running by I'm gonna scream like a little girl.' As we got closer, within 50 yards, the sound stopped abruptly. There was no dragging of the feet to stop momentum, and there was no slowing down of the chains. Me and my dog both stopped and looked in the direction. We both proceeded very slowly, keeping our eyes in the direction.

It was very dark, but as we got closer, I was able to make out a dark shape on the swing. Every hair on my body was standing up at this point, and my dog, who is extremely friendly and loves people, was standing right at my foot not wanting to move. If it were a person, she would have known, and would have been dragging me towards him/her. We started walking again, and hoping it was some trick of the dark on my eyes, I kept looking at the shape. It didn't move. It didn't say anything. Finally I stopped and yelled out a 'hello'. No response. I kept looking at it, but didn't move closer. Then I said 'Dude, you're f***ing with me'. Still no respone.

Anyway, we ended up turning our back on it, totally freaked out, and walked away as fast as we could. My mind was trying to figure out what it could have been. A person, at that time of night, would have responded to my 'hello', and definitely would have responded to the next thing I said. It was not the kind of transparent, white object, normally associated with ghosts. It was a black shape, and looked to be a lot smaller than me.

So that's my story, and I think it was a ghost.....thoughts?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:21 AM
link   
My thoughts are that a great deal is happening right now and a great deal more is yet to come. Some we can see and some we can't. You had a quarter of a million years of evolution screaming at you that what was out in front of you was a threat. Your dog's reaction is all the confirmation you should need to know that misperception or imagination wasn't a likely factor here. It sounds like quite an experience, now that it's behind you. Wow.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
My son told me a few years ago during one of these sort of talks about strange happenings, that when he was about eight, there was a shadow person visiting him at night and early morning. Basically, it was there when the lights were turned off, because he could make out the sort of semi-solid dark shape of a person.

It spoke to him in the voice of a man telepathically and apparently tried to convince him that he was a friend.

There's more to the story, but I won't go into it at this time.

I don't believe in what people refer to as ghosts or earth bound spirits, but I have reason to believe that there are human spirits that were never born into bodies.

Unfortunately, they aren't nice at all. And they are afraid of being seen or even detected by adults.

I was also privy to some information by two close friends, one of whom was kinetically elevated several inches from the floor while pressed against a wall for several seconds. He had blacked out and had trouble breathing during the event.

At one point his friend attempted to physically pull him down from the wall with all of his weight and could not.

So, I now have two amazing stories from a son and two young men who I am positive could not have fabricated such a thing.

Having this covert intelligence around is somewhat unsettling, but also quite fascinating. It changes the whole dynamic of privacy and what we believe we think. I've spent decades studying it and have realized how they influence people and myself.

As a consequence, the whole thinking paradigm has taken on a different direction, which has led me into some paranormal experiences.

edit on 10-7-2012 by g2v12 because: arrangement

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
I'm not sure what you saw, but when you get that feeling...get the hell out of dodge. Seriously. Your gut will never steer you wrong. You get that "feeling" for a reason.

I would have been terrified!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Having experienced firsthand similar things very recently, and the same for some close friends as well -- Makes me think of Moth-man Prophecies...

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by MisterFister103

Whoa, Extra-dimensional entities coming up all over the place. Without a better description I cannot tell you what it was as there are so many different entities abound.

But yes, this is possible and even probable.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I have only seen three ghost's like that, and only two were actually a bad experience. All solid black shape of a person, not a shadow person, but something that didn't disappear either. Also anything can be associated with a spirit. All black, white, or even color either solid or see through among things...

Nonetheless an interesting yet scary experience, hope you don't meet it some other time you go through that park again. As you probably know it was most likely a spirit, and quite possibly a mean one at that.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

I don't mean to rain on your parade here, but not everything unexplained is paranormal, so I submit the following.

I lived next to a park for several years and it was not at all unusual to hear and see someone swinging late at night, expecially teen girls who might have disagreed with their parents, or just had a fight or breakup with their latest crush. I've witnessed older brothers, parents and boyfriends trying to coax the stubborn youngster to return home. I therefore suggest in this discussion the possibility that it could have been such an incident where a troubled teen girl upon seeing and hearing a stranger approach suddenly became afraid and silent, especially if you are male.

When walking my dog in the late summer evening, he would look at people sure, but not in any interested way. Nothing, absolutely nothing interested him more than the sniff fest offered at the next tree or post, even though he was a very friendly dog. That walk was a business walk for him.
edit on 10-7-2012 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by aboutface

I don't mean to rain on your parade here, but not everything unexplained is paranormal, so I submit the following.

I would also suggest that, at 12:30AM, someone drunk or on drugs would not be an uncommon sight in some parks.

I don't know, if I had a dog bigger than Oscar, in the avatar over there on the left, I might have gone over to see who it was. When I walk him at night, I always have a flashlight, so within 20 feet or so, I could get a good idea who it was and what condition they were in.

I would definitely recommend to the OP that, if they're going to be out walking at 12:30AM, a good LED flashlight that can double as a nightstick would be a good thing to have along.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   

It was not an alien, at least. Paranormal I can buy into, but lil green men, not so much.

Next time take a phone/camera. That pic could ba interesting.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I have a swing set in my backyard with a bench swing on it. I have seen that thing (and heard it - it creeks) swing with no one on it on a windless night. My neighbor has seen it as well and it freaked him out.

I believe you.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I lived next to a park for several years and it was not at all unusual to hear and see someone swinging late at night, expecially teen girls who might have disagreed with their parents, or just had a fight or breakup with their latest crush. I've witnessed older brothers, parents and boyfriends trying to coax the stubborn youngster to return home. I therefore suggest in this discussion the possibility that it could have been such an incident where a troubled teen girl upon seeing and hearing a stranger approach suddenly became afraid and silent, especially if you are male.

When walking my dog in the late summer evening, he would look at people sure, but not in any interested way. Nothing, absolutely nothing interested him more than the sniff fest offered at the next tree or post, even though he was a very friendly dog. That walk was a business walk for him.

The dog didn't bark. If there were a flesh and blood person, the dog would have perceived it by the scent and would have likely reacted.

edit on 10-7-2012 by g2v12 because: arrangement

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

I will say that a teenage girl could be a possibility, if she was freaked out by me it would explain her lack of saying anything when I called out....although I think I was more scared of her than she was of me. But my dog's reaction was extremely abnormal for her. Every person we see on walks she starts pulling me toward them, because of her affection for 'living' people. The fact that she stayed right under me, eyes peeled on the 'presence', with not even the slightest hint of wanting to approach, is what did it for me.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

I would also suggest that, at 12:30AM, someone drunk or on drugs would not be an uncommon sight in some parks.

I don't know, if I had a dog bigger than Oscar, in the avatar over there on the left, I might have gone over to see who it was. When I walk him at night, I always have a flashlight, so within 20 feet or so, I could get a good idea who it was and what condition they were in.

I would definitely recommend to the OP that, if they're going to be out walking at 12:30AM, a good LED flashlight that can double as a nightstick would be a good thing to have along.

My dog's a 20 lb, little girl, with a nervous bladder.....the most she could have done is urinate on the being lol. I really doubt the drunk or on drugs part. If they were drunk, they would have for sure yelled something back when I said 'dude, you're f***ing with me'. I live in a stereotypical, upper-middle class neighborhood. I know drug users can find their way into different parts, but I really don't see them making their way to this school playground.

It is too bad I didn't have a flashlight with me.....or a camera for that matter. I kinda wish I would have had the balls to walk up to it.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druid42

It was not an alien, at least. Paranormal I can buy into, but lil green men, not so much.

Next time take a phone/camera. That pic could ba interesting.

The funny thing is, everytime I'm out at night I have these thoughts of, 'man wouldn't it be messed up if a flying saucer landed in front of me and I got abducted.' Ghosts don't hold as much intrigue for me as aliens, so they don't come up in my thoughts very often.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MisterFister103
It is too bad I didn't have a flashlight with me.....or a camera for that matter. I kinda wish I would have had the balls to walk up to it.

Depending on lighting, you might have had to be right on top of them before you could see what they were up to, highly inadvisable if they were in a drunken or drug induced stupor -- you would likely have freaked THEM out and taken some damage. I'd definitely get in the habit of carrying a good flash with you. If it was a person, it's likely that you'll run across them again.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by g2v12

The dog didn't bark. If there were a flesh and blood person, the dog would have perceived it by the scent and would have likely reacted.

Some kid left their jacket hanging on the swing and you let it freak you out !

I recommend no ATS for at least a week.
edit on 10-7-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
hey man it kind of sounds like you may have seen a slender man/windigo a windigo is a native word for soul eater and they can mess you up royally so as with all things like this keep safe and watch your house from now on as well cause if it saw you it can now freely enter your house also watch for signs of radiation sickness eg. coughing up blood hair loss etc

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Arbiter of Lies
hey man it kind of sounds like you may have seen a slender man/windigo

Slender Man is a hoax created by 4chan out of a SomethingAwful.com Photoshop contest.

(Source)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

The other night when i came home at about 1am like i do every night, i noticed a woman stood opposite my house wearing a dress that went about down to her knees, she was looking at me and sort of spinning about like a little girl would, it seemed she wanted to say something but i ignored her and went into my house, as i shut the door i looked back an she was walking towards me she turned around as soon as i looked. First thoughts were maybe a crackhead or prostitute but she just didnt look right. I never believed in ghosts or anything but this made me cold inside

top topics

<<   2 >>

join