Originally posted by ColoradoJens
reply to post by paxnatus
Classic. Out of all of the faxes sent to doctors, 4.3% responded. . And then out of the 4.3% who responded, you got this number. Strange you'd get
a result touting such BS from 4.3% of the doctors surveyed. I guess the other 95.7% thought it such a joke they didn't even bother. The study is
bogus and the results and any "reality" associated with it are bogus. What a joke. Seriously, did you even read the article?
Again, approximately 96 out of 100 doctors found the poll question so stupid they didn't even respond.
edit on 10-7-2012 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)
Autch!! No holding back towards the poor, deluded tea-people ey?
Overhere we got a two-tier system that consists of a government sanctioned 'base-Package' that éverybody has to pay for., and one can obtain extra
insurance for stuff like orthodontistry, physical therapy, etc.
It's a far cry from what we hád (socialized medicine) and looks like Obamacare (or rather "heritage foundation-care" a detail óften omitted,
because it reveals an inconvenient truth).
Net-result was that the insurers tried to take over, but got slapped with só many rules from the Government, that they can hardly fárt without
getting explicit Permission from the State.
Let's put it this way: they weremightily sorry they tried to lobby us into a "for profit" healthcare system.
They recently triedit again with dentistry. As a test, the State let dentist decide their own prices... Guess what.. Overnight dentistry became 20 to
25% more expensive. The test has been stopped, much to the chagrin of the dentists, that had hoped for a nice little boondoggle.. Alás.. They
couldn't stoptheir own greed...
As it looks now, an old-fashioned social-democrat coalition will steal the elections in September, and the privatization of healthcare, once touted as
the panacée for al woes, is about to be scrapped.
Báck to socialized medicine. (and báck to Mandatory half-year checks at the dentist.. Ugh!...
There is ONE major difference in the way the medical profession is treated overhere: Tort-reform is not needed, because we hardly èver have people
sue doctors. We do not have a "sue-culture" mainly because when a procedure gets haywire, all further expenses for treatment and such, are paid from
a central fund, and becoming unable to hold a job, is not the end, because there are catch-nets aplenty built into our society.
No-one has èver gone broke on healthcare costs. Néver, éver.