It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last night, I do believe one of my friends got visited by a shadow person.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowScholar

Interesting observation. The one night I ran across two shadow beings when walking my dog, the larger and far away one crossed the street and disappeared in the regular shadows of my neighbor's yard. That neighbor was often heard being nasty and verbally abusive to his wife. I was never really sure what to make of that family. Most of their kids were very nice but one son was kind of aggressively and oddly hostile since preschool age. I really used to worry what he would be like as he grew big enough to act on his attitude. He was already maliciously taking stuff out of my yard when he thought nobody was watching, and glaring at me ever since I asked him once not to run around my yard waving a sharp stick. It was a common enough thing for us moms to say to all the kids, but he took it personally and formed a grudge over it that spanned an impressive 2-3 years. I couldn't understand a child whi could hate that deeply and carry such a grudge from about age three or four. The family moved not long after my sighting of that thing going into their yard.

The one that ran between me and my dog that same night was a small badger shaped thing. It seemed neither hostile nor benign. It was just a blob of fast moving "nothing".

I've seen other shadow things upon waking from sleep paralysis. In sleep paralysis years ago I did hear roaring and growling. My experience of them when fully awake is just silent blobs of darkness that I can't really focus in directly for some reason. They don't stay in the exact center of my vision. And yes, I've had my eyes checked, they are healthy.

I'm sorry for what the OP's friend experienced. I posted elsewhere that I never saw shadow beings until around the end of the 1980's early 90's, somewhere in that time frame. Now many people seem to be seeing and talking about them. So something has changed and is changing to allow these things to manifest more. Creepy.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I just thought of something. When reading of the Muslim description of Djinn awhile back, I was struck by the similarities of the descriptions to Shadow People. Now the Muslims have had this concept for the entire span of their religion, I suppose. But most of us in the west have only just noted such beings in the past twenty years or so, with sightings and reports seeming to increase. I wonder if it is because there are now more Muslims living among us in the western world than ever before. Was a sort of critical mass reached among us where their collective consciousness and the things within their belief system could now manifest in the western mind and belief system?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Now, what I find interesting, the MOST interesting thing about this. Is something quite a few of you mentioned. These things rarely happened 20 or 30 years ago! (not that I was actually alive to know) Maybe it is just with the advent of the internet and how worldwide communication is so common that we hear everything from everyone else. Whatever the case, it does seem like something is going to happen quite soon! And some of your stories sound very much like what happened to my friend. Especially the one about the black shadow man pinning down another one of your friends.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by SheeplFlavoredAgain

Arent Djinn supposed to be elementals? I never heard them referenced in context of shadows and such. They more are associated with fire and light.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Dextraphite

I'm not sure. I'm no expert on the lore and unfortunately didn't keep the link to the description I read. I just remember being struck by a certain similarity on the "intangible" nature of such beings. I'm no expert on shadow beings either. I first saw them along with my dad around the house when my mom was having her first bout with mental problems. They were about the size of a cat, and fleeting little things. We didn't have a cat at the time, just a dog, and if the dog ever sensed anything amiss he never gave any sign of it. It was just something my dad and I one day discussed. I remember the preamble to the discussion going along the lines of "I know this is going to sound strange but have you been seeing blobs scurrying around the house?" We eliminated all logical possiblities like a rat infestation and then settled upon blessing the house with salt and a reading from the Bible and that got rid of the blobs for a long time. That was around 1989 or 1990.

I'd seen other strange things since I was a child. I used to see a white light being of some sort that would pass through the house and only I seemed able to see it. I sensed it from my earliest memory of that house, about age two, to about age 6-8, I'm not really sure when I stopped seeing it. It used to literally make shivers go down my spine and give me goosebumps even before I would see it. I used to see something that looked like the ghost of my mom, who was alive and kicking and insisting it was not her. But an actual shadow being? No, I can't say I recall experiencing such a thing prior to the end of the 80's.

Then I didn't experience them again until I moved into my current house and went through post partum hormonal chaos. The scariest one I ever saw was a human sized one with bat type wings. I was changing my baby's diaper on a changing pad on the bed and out of the ceiling or through the ceiling this thing just swooped down over us. I ducked and hunched over the baby then I screamed and ran a few paces nearly out of the room when I realized, hey stupid, you left your kid in there with a giant bat or something. So I went back in and looked around, hurriedly finished up with the kid and went with her to tell my husband who dismissed the whole event after checking the room for bats or anything that might have cast a shadow like what I saw.

Around that time my cats were chasing a small one their size that used to run around the second floor. I'd go through the house blessings periodically, they'd stay away, then eventually come back. I kind of expect now if i start noticing the little ones about, eventually the larger human sized ones will appear and I will also start to get sleep paralysis dreams and partially awake to a roaring wind sound that some folks here on ATS say can be a precursor to an OOBE. And I will see shadows actually kind of attached to me, like maybe they are trying to force an OOBE on me. I just tell them bug off in the name of Jesus or threaten to sic Archangel Michael on them. I've got a warped sense of humor and part of me thinks all this crap surely must be a figment of my imagination, but hey, the invocations and house blessings seem to work. So...go with what works.

I figure I may never know what the heck these things are...real interdimensional entities of some sort or a product of too much imagination, indigestion, and Internet memes. I'm a practical person with a kid to raise and elders depending on me, so I can't afford to get too caught up in this stuff. I just notice it and deal with it. If there seems to be a remedy, I'll apply it. It's kind of like a roach infestation, which I have also dealt with in the past on my first house. Egads, I think I'd rather deal with shadow beings than ever go through battling roaches again.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

That is honestly a very interesting occurrence. I have never, ever had anything strange happen too me. Which is kind of disappointing. I feel that if something would happen, then I would be better equipped to view things more seriously. Instead of just writing them off in my head. It is scary that these things seem to be able to appear anywhere, and without us knowing. Or being able to stop them. Maybe we should just treat it as a normal every day happening and just ignore it. or consider it like a roach infestation. But it could possibly be more sinister than that. For all we know. So I vote to not write it off. but rather study it.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
A friend of mine told me last year that the 'veil is getting thinner'.
and it sure seems that way.
I have been seeing and hearing more 'entities' than ever before. it even seems like my mind is starting to connect with my friends/family - as in I'll think to call or text them and as I reach for the phone they call or text me. it happens a lot, way more than coincidence.
I think it's all connected to the polar shift taking place, mother earth changing, whatever you want to call it.
just MHO.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by horseplay

Precisely. And this supposed Wave is really a Dimensional curtain. The closer it gets the thinner the curtain until one day we are on the other side.

Or not....and we're all terribly delusional.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

There is a saying.

'Knowledge Protects'.

If you entertain the idea and posit yourself in the 'I haven't seen it but it doesn't mean it doesn't exist' group...along with ensuring you remain open-minded but objective then you are already protected.

They generally won't bother you if you are aware of their possible existence. They don't want awareness. People who are aware will experience the fear but will also comprehend precisely what may be happening and therefore may come to realise that when they are manifesting here at this time they are weaker than they want to let on.

We are also far more psychically powerful than they ever want us to discover. For discovery and mastery of this attribute will all but cut off their entire food supply and they will starve to death or have to resort to only feeding off animal fear which is like a Human trying to gain nourishment from moss on a rock.

Knowledge Protects.

edit on 10-7-2012 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

The phenomenon could certainly benefit from organized study. I just am not sure how you can study something that appears so unpredictably and for such short amounts of time. I also do not know if they can be photographed. I often carry an iPhone on me but the camera app is so laggy at booting up, I can't even get decent pictures of my kid and pets a lot of the time. It doesn't help these shadow things seem to linger just at the edge of my direct gaze. As for the ones I see waking out of sleep paralysis, forget about it. That would require a camera setup I don't own and sleeping with cameras on me all the time, hoping to catch them. That does not appeal to me at all.

It's also interesting to note when these things start accumulating to the point they are bugging me in my sleep, my cats act very protective and will insist on sleeping on the bed and around me. I know cats and dogs seem to see them. They have visual substance, at least.

Acitvity level and sightings don't seem to be dependent on anything I can reliably point to as a cause and effect correlation. I don't have to be distressed or thinking about them to have them show up. It's all quite random now, as to when I might see one turn up.

The small cat sized ones don't give me particulars feelings or impressions. The large human sized ones seem to give off a bit of an aura of unpleasantness. The bat shaped one and the one that crossed into my neighbor's yard gave me the impression of having some sentience to them and malice. But they didn't act in a way I could discern that. It was just a feeling I got.

My skeptic husband hasn't seen one yet and I don't ask my daughter if she has, because I don't want to plant the suggestion in her mind. I'm sure if she sees one she will tell me, just like she told me about seeing a sort of shadow cat we were both seeing for a short while. (That one gave the definite impression of looking like a cat even though neither of us could focus on it directly. We could make out the face, ears, and tail) My husband and my daughter have, though, experienced our ambulatory cold spot. That's a man-sized blob of cold air that sort of roams all round the house and now has even shown up in the heat and light of our hot early summer days out in our garden. There are several of these cold spots in the woods by my house. It's always interesting to be sweating and hot as I walk the dog and suddenly walk into a cold pocket. But as far as inside the house, I think there has only ever been one, so far. This phenomenon really bugs my husband because he can't come up with one single rational scientific explanation for it.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheeplFlavoredAgain
I just thought of something. When reading of the Muslim description of Djinn awhile back, I was struck by the similarities of the descriptions to Shadow People. Now the Muslims have had this concept for the entire span of their religion, I suppose. But most of us in the west have only just noted such beings in the past twenty years or so, with sightings and reports seeming to increase. I wonder if it is because there are now more Muslims living among us in the western world than ever before. Was a sort of critical mass reached among us where their collective consciousness and the things within their belief system could now manifest in the western mind and belief system?

Very intriguing thought that. As someone who's seen a few of these things in my time, over many years and in wildly different locations, it never crossed my mind that they could be following a mortal population (essentially riding within the wave of said population's perceived reality) as you describe. And you're not the first to strike a connection between Shadow People and Djinn - Rosemary Ellen Guiley and a couple of other Paranormal/Occult radio talk show hosts seem to have come to the same conclusion as well. So if you want to explore the angle further there should be some research out there already to get your teeth into. But hey, like I said, thanks for getting me thinking in a new direction on this...

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by RebelWithoutASoul

Well it kind of makes sense when you think about it. Particularly when you apply what is known about parasites and predators in nature. Whatever paranormal beings are, there seem to be a variety of them..."greys", Sasquatch, garden variety ghosts in old fashioned clothes, demons that make kids cuss and barf pea soup, etc. And where there is variety, we see specialization and adaptation to certain environments and preferences for certain kinds of prey.

Like anything else in nature, they gotta eat, after a fashion. It's not unreasonable to think they have their preferred prey, namely the Muslims and their unique outlook and beliefs and the energy generated therein. But when taken out of their native environment, these predators/parasites become like any other invasive predator and start eating the natives. And like most invasive species out of their element, they can't help but be outrageously conspicuous because they haven't yet adapted to blend and work in balance with their new environment like a proper predator should. And like other invasive species, they may never bother to adapt to become more harmonious with their new habitat. There may not be a need if their obnoxious conspicuous ways don't end up limiting their ability to feed and exist.

Think of another thread on ATS about South American Pacu suddenly wreaking havoc and freaking out the good residents of Illinois, I think it was. In South America Pacu go about their business barely noticed. Here, they are a novelty and a problem and a hot topic for conversation.

I'm not sure I believe in the paranormal in the classic sense anymore. I think everything is part of the natural order, there are just layers to this order we haven't had the means or the will to study yet. I am a Christian, but I value the scientific method and I believe even the weird and scary somehow fit into the divinely engineered natural order that our best and brightest study and catalogue for us so diligently. Even if it is all some sort of illusion as some believe it to be, it's definitely got an order to it.
edit on 11-7-2012 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: Typos love me

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

Your post fits in with my idea about them being invasive predators that I just wrote about. IF these are indeed the beings the Muslims call Djinn, they are a new and conspicuous pest here in the western world. They are so out of place that average Joes looking for a beer in the fridge are going to see them even if the average Joe lost the ability generations ago to see the native paranormal predators in the physical plane.

I wonder if enough westerners were to ever migrate to and settle in the Muslim countries, would these populations start noticing and complaining en masse about greys running about or having abduction experiences or sasquatches or any of the spooky inexplicable things we in the west have been taking for granted for ages?

I wonder, how many kinds of "demons" did our forbears import into our culture along with the slaves they ripped from their native lands where voodoo practices and beliefs reigned supreme? I am from a superstitious pagan heritage myself and I know my mother's folklore demons sound like the very nasty ones found in Voodoo beliefs.

Would western culture be plagued with the cruelty and violence we now have if we hadn't imported so many slaves that had this demon awarenress embedded in their collective consciousness? How about the effect western colonization had on the rest of the world? Did we and do we infest their people with our unique paranormal predators when enough of us aggregate abroad? I guess it's something to ponder. It's interesting to think of paranormal beings as potentially invasive species we could quarantine and cut off from new habitats.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   

It is an entertaining idea but I don't agree with it. Djinn, or Jinn, could merely be another name for an entity that we already have to deal with.

Remember, if we are dealing with entities who are not only extra-dimensional but also highly technologically advanced then there is no reason to disbelieve that these things can appear in whatever form that invokes the most fear out of someone.

Either way I think it is all coming to a head. I've still not seen anything but there has been more than enough threads popping up lately for me to sit up and take notice.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

There is definitely merit in your theory about them, too, but I wonder why appearing as dark blobs is all the rage among them now as opposed to over twenty years ago. My mom has always had the dubious "gift" of seeing spirits and I apparently did, too, but never this kind until approximately 20 years ago. What changed around that time that ushered this type of being into our experience? What was the tipping point or the catalyst?

I wish we had a way of studying them and finding out about them like we do any other being. It would be nice to know and not have to guess. I suspect somewhere out there, somebody has the knowledge. How many groups and religious bodies are sitting on archived information they have no intention of ever sharing? Ive already written enough walls of text on this thread so I'll give it a rest and keep some of my other musings to myself. I'll just continue to see how the topic of the Shadow beings grows as more accounts and more theories continue to be submitted. It would help to confirm that these beings were not widely perceived, at least in the non Muslim world, until a certain number of years ago.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

If what I suspect is coming comes to past, you might just get that chance to study them, as they have been studing us.

The very fabric of our knowledge and existence is indeed getting thinner. In due time you will have a melting of realms which will bring many new discoveries both equally delighful and frightening.

While some tangiable beings wither away, new ones rise to take their place.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
i stayed up really late one night.... finally my body was to the point of complete exhaustion and i fell asleep, next thing i knew i was awake but i couldnt move... my room was exactly how i had left it before i went to sleep, the lights were on the tv was on in the background...then suddenly out of the corners of the room these "shadow" beings emerge, and slowly start hovering or floating towards me...there was 3 in each side of my bed... 3 on the left and 3 on the right...

they were all closing in on me.. very slowly in a "hovering" kind of way... it almost felt like i was a patient in an operating table because of the way they were all just "looking down" on me from the sides of my bed...all i remember is that they were all black completely literally like someones shadow.. but they had the outline of humans...they were very slim looking with square shoulders... immediately i closed my eyes and my whole body got goosebumps... all i remember that i did was i kept trying to wiggle my feet because thats what i remember hearing someone said to do while you are having sleep paralysis... heres the crazy part as i wiggled my feet i woke up with a jolt and my whole body covered in goosebumps....im getting them as i write this...but i have never had sleep paralysis in my life... it was more like a dream within a dream.... i fell asleep in the "real world" then i fell asleep in the "dream world"

...also last thing on my encounter with shadow beings... i was car pooling with a co worker on the way to work one day and we both saw in the distance an outline of a person completely black was "running" on the side of the road...but the running was not of this world.. i swear the being was phasing in and out and the legs were moving at hyper speed like the flash...but it was floating or hovering at a slow speed...i will never forget that image..as we got closer it just vanished into nothing

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Kastogere

What do you suspect is going to come to pass? I truly had the so called veil thin out on me in the whole year after my baby was born. My brain chemistry, specifivcally the serotonin levels, got out of whack and I was stuck all the time in that state of being between asleep and awake. My perceptions of every room I set foot in were altered and nothing seemed solid and normal. I tell you, it was tough being a new mom in this condition but I am a tough cookie. Still I was scared out of my wits because I never felt like we were alone. I told my husband and my doctor I felt like there was always a room full of people behind me. I asked to be put on Zoloft and a low dose restored normal perception to me.

I dont think everything I experienced during that time was just faulty perception. I spooked my husband out with an uncanny display of telepathy with him. That had been building to amazing levels even before I got pregnant. Now after Zoloft thankfully it's gone. I am busy enough sorting out my own thoughts. I dont need to be sorting his out, too.

My husband is an extreme skeptic and so far the things I and sometimes my daughter have experienced seem
uncanny about not manifesting around him or to him. So I was shocked our human shaped and sized ambulatory cold spot made itself known to him one night. This thing is pretty freaky. My daughter and I were poking our arms into it in our garden a couple of weeks ago. It sometimes follows me, sometimes I follow it. I mention this "whatever-it-is" only to illustrate if the paranormal is going to start manifesting to people with my husband's personality and outlook, we are totally in for a screwy time.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ooYODAoo

Yes, that is very much my experience of sleep paralysis with them. The past couple of years add to that a roaring wind sound in my ears and the sensation of watching them seem to be trying to tug my soul out of my body to force an out of body experience on me and that's what it has been like for me. It freaked me out about them trying to pull me out like that. Then I found out they can't. I can tell them (in my mind, not out loud) to leave and invoke the protectors in my belief system against them, namely Jesus and Archangel Michael, and off they go. So the last couple of times they seem to be trying to "seduce" me out by doing the tugging thing when I am starting to have a flying dream and would "want" an OOBE. I jolt awake and see them. It is very annoying because it's hard to get back to sleep afterward and it's exhausting. I sometimes get the tugging thing going on when I'm napping during the day but I don't see them. I sometimes see something else that I can only describe as a spider kind of floating and crawling in the air. That is probably just a dream induced hallucination. Who knows.

it's weird to be talking about all this. If you see me at my ordinary normal looking suburban life you'd never suspect I'd be in a conversation about such things.

That is very freaky about the one you saw sort of running along with the car. I read an account like that elsewhere on ATS. Maybe it's yours. The kind I see the most when I'm fully awake are very fleeting little blobs around the house. The one big man sized one I saw sauntering across the street to my neighbor's yard sounds more like the kind you saw running along. Thankfully for me, one of that size and bad aura is a very rare sighting when I'm awake and about and not having sleep paralysis. Even my sleep paralysis ones aren't that big and imposing anymore. The first few times they were. I've no idea why that is.

I sometimes unfortunately have to go out in the back yard and woods at odd hours of the night in everything from driving rain to creepy fog to walk my darned dog. All I can say is if these things are going to start wandering around all over the place at night, this is going to be the last dog I own!

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
This thread reminds me of the only paranormal experience I have ever had, other than multiple occurences of sleep paralysis.

I was 17 and had two of my best friends come over for the night. We had been in the woods earlier that evening, shooting fireworks and such at my cousin (country people find the damnedest things to do for fun) and were walking down the street back to my house.

At the time I lived on a lake, and the only nearby house was near the bridge that connected the north side of the lake to the south side. Anyways, as we were walking back we came near the neighbors house (they were gone on vacation) and we all saw a shadow... a large, humanoid shaped pitch-black nothingness with red eyes... standing underneath the light. I swear in the couple of seconds we looked at it before we sprinted to my house I felt the most hatred and contempt coming from that thing that I have ever experience in my life. It must have been about 5 seconds before my friend T bolted, with me and my other friend right behind him.

We got back to my house, locked the door behind us and stood silently in my kitchen for what must have been 5 minutes. Finally we talked about what we had seen and felt, and we all agreed with seeing the shadow, red eyes, and feeling it's hatred towards us.

I'll never forget that night. It was the only thing I have ever... EVER... seen that I cannot explain.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join