It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New photos of tsunami hitting Fukushima plant released by Tepco

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
ENE News

And here is a link to the PDF with all 33 pictures,

www.tepco.co.jp...

Here are a couple i took off the PDF that I thought were the most interesting,

􀊻Photo taken at 3:41:58 PM􀊼

􀊻Photo taken at 3:42:20 PM􀊼

See that building just getting demolished in the left side? Crazy town!

􀊻Photo taken at 3:42:24 PM􀊼

And its smoking right aftter!!

The PDf also shows damage right after the tsunami

July 9, 2012 - Tokyo Electric Power Company
Status of Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station When the Tsunami hit

􀊻Photo taken at 3:50:22 PM􀊼

Thought it was interesting, and seems suprising that this hasn't been released earlier?! Why? And those of you who follow the Japan Disaster forum, may enjoy these or gather new information from them?

Thoughts?!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Wow. Not as bad as I thought it was. How could this event happen with such a small event on the reactors. Thank God the epicenter wasnt closer like the other videos ive seen.

This begs the question though. How safe were these plants in the first place?? I would say not very safe in the event of a 5 foot tsunami. The pictures may not show the true height of the wave but it doesnt seem that big.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
It wasn't that big.

I think the sea wall slipped downwards about half a metre and the wave was just over five so it just goes to show what can happen. The tsunami was up to 10-15 metres in height in other areas.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
SO WAIT... the floor just got wet???

WHAT?????

DUDE!

where is the gigantic unstoppable wall of water like in movies?

peace.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
You should have posted the phot showing that tower in the bottom right of the third picture before and after the wave hit. Show's a little more as to how deep the water got (depending on how big that structure is).

Cool find though!

Seems like this place was a disaster waiting to happen....

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MmmPie
You should have posted the phot showing that tower in the bottom right of the third picture before and after the wave hit. Show's a little more as to how deep the water got (depending on how big that structure is).

Cool find though!

Seems like this place was a disaster waiting to happen....

I didnt want to post too many.. But yea, those are good to show the water height. Thx!

There are a couple others, the two at 3:43 and 3:44, that show upclose how much damage a small (it appears) wave from the tsunami. I also was expecting to see a huge wall of water, but does seem relatively small, which begs the question, how and why was this plant placed there without proper protection, and, thank goodness the wave wasn't bigger!!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
It's so basic and so simple it's impossible to believe but their breakwater worked like it was designed and they didn't get the same kind of total clean sweep wave other areas got. Two things made it all happen. Just two things had to go wrong.

1. The main power grid failed.

2. On-site backup power failed.

As insane as it is to say, a nuclear power plant's survival depends on outside electricity. Reactors 5 and 6 at Fukushima should still be 100% operational and perfectly undamaged. They sit just north of the line of the lower 4 and at a very slight elevation above them. Just that small difference of placing the generators alone would have prevented the whole thing, and that's the truth. The generators had the whole thing running fine in the logs right to the moment the wave hit and washed them away. The quake did minor damage like they all do over there.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Most of the damage was when water got into the emergency diesel generator buildings and shorted everything out.

The reactor buildings were undamaged for the most part.
The plant was built with the emergency diesel generators between the sea and the reactors in building that could not stop water from entering.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You forgot the one massive calamity which was the worst of oversights - putting 4 of of the damn things (reactors) in just one place .

thereby if one goes wrong , they all go wrong , because if only one is critical , none are accessible .

Its the power of geniuses , the doh of homers

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
It's so basic and so simple it's impossible to believe but their breakwater worked like it was designed and they didn't get the same kind of total clean sweep wave other areas got. Two things made it all happen. Just two things had to go wrong.

As insane as it is to say, a nuclear power plant's survival depends on outside electricity. Reactors 5 and 6 at Fukushima should still be 100% operational and perfectly undamaged. They sit just north of the line of the lower 4 and at a very slight elevation above them. Just that small difference of placing the generators alone would have prevented the whole thing, and that's the truth. The generators had the whole thing running fine in the logs right to the moment the wave hit and washed them away. The quake did minor damage like they all do over there.

1 solar storm can meltdown all nuclear reactors, all it takes is

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

Well, true. It is an interesting flaw they all share that being close means they all go if one cracks open. I don't know if TEPCO still has it all online or not and I'm not sure where in my archives I have the site captures but they had a near minute by minute log of the first few days when everything was done and went wrong. It was interesting to read their own accounts of the mistakes which lead to the gas explosions within the buildings (Hydrogen as I recall) and how it all led back to the moment power to the cooling systems failed.

I still say every single nuclear plant on Earth needs to be taken offline in a sensible and workable rotation to do real world and extended testing of their backup power. As in, a day or two of running the facility on it, not 5 minutes to punch a ticket and call it a certified test. Only when it's confirmed to work or fixed so it does should plants be allowed back online. We're seeing what happens if that single thing fails.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
They uploaded some new photos with the upper part of reactor 4 removed, but im sensing some photo editing.

From June 2012,

Most recent, July 2012

Why such a huge resolution change? Im no pro photo edit spotter but just looking at this picture I think anyone can notice the pixel variations - most visible around the crane hook and very top of the reactor 4 building.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Boosted90

I'm not sure about the change you mention beyond the fact that these may or may not be the same set or the same person taking them at all. If it is, well.... Here are a couple others of the same work at the same building to give some more perspective of what was done....and what those two miss. What was sitting on top of the new "roof" they've exposed. Err...talk about demolition work in a working dynamite factory. I can't imagine how careful they had to be in some aspects of this.

(These are considerably over dimension and resolution to direct upload/post, so I'll link)

This next photo is from Nov 26, 2011..or July 9, 2012? The originating source seems confused. The degree of progress and status of the job site looks in line to 2012 though. My guess. The big yellow object on top is the item to focus on though. Like I said... Demo work in a dynamite factory.

...and for anyone with part of this afternoon free, here is the master set for one major site that has been carrying both official and covertly leaked material out of Fukushima since it began. Linked from here are thousands of photos of Nuke plants and Nuclear Weapons centers..but most important for this thread, hundreds upon hundreds of photographs from around, above and inside the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station starting from a brief period after it happened to earlier this month.

All the photos of Fuku anyone would want or need to see from official to covert.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by canyouhandletruth

scary thought.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
A recent update shows them removing the fuel rods from unit 4. This is excellent news

photo.tepco.co.jp...

Edit: Upon doing a little research they only removed one unused rod and dont plan on doing the full scale removal until December 2013

edit on 19-7-2012 by Boosted90 because: More info

new topics

top topics

join