It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truth is Freedom.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
The only way to experience True Freedom is to be true to those who are around you, and most importantly, to be true to yourself. If you do not live in self-truth, you live in contradiction to your own existence which causes a feeling of bondage (a lack of freedom).

Allowing people to be true to themselves and others is called acceptance. Allowing yourself to be true to yourself and to others is called expression which gives you freedom.

Not controling others or forcing them to do things that they don't want to do; to respect the free will of nature and others is to allow others and nature to be in truth

When truth is suppressed, there are consequences, such as people turning crazy (delusional), people imploding (becoming violent because they are sick of being controled and not able to be their true self - which is freedom).

When we learn to Accept others and our selves and when we learn to respect other people's free will and to not force or control, we learn Patience and Acceptance.

The saying is very true. "Veritas vos liberabit" - "The truth will set you free", the only question now is, are you willing to face it?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Amaeus

I'm not sure what you mean. Can you elaborate a little, if you want? I would like a little feed-back.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Good post arpgme. S&F

Quite often we forget how liberating it is to be truthful to oneself and in ones words and deeds.

I think why a lot of people shy away from being honest is that sometimes there is some intial pain or angst associated with being truthful (married men would know about this all too well). But once that dissipates, what is left is purity and light, and then 'real' realtionships can form - both with self and others.

I am a self-confessed Bill Hicks freak - know everything about him, can recite all his jokes word by word.

WHY ?

He was an emissary of truth. Ask any other fans and they will tell you the same thing. He was brilliant not just because of this comedic genius, but he was constantly speaking from his truth and it was SO potent to watch. No BS, just the real thing, raw and unadulterated. If you don't know of him then youtube it and prepare to become enlightened.

* Ned

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Great topic arpgme.

I know this to be true from my own personal experiences for spiritual growth.

Facing the truth is THE most powerful act a human being can do for growth & freedom of true expression of ones soul.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
If you want the truth though you must be prepared to accept what you hear. It takes two to tango and the truth in the short term isn't always happiness and roses.

People lie out of fear. Either fear for themselves, or fear for what the truth may do to others.

Sometimes its easier to just shake your head and say "Of course not" when your girlfriend asks "Does my bum look big in these jeans...."

top topics

join