It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Printed solar cells made possible with new ink

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Not sure if this is the right forum but I figured that Survivalists might appreciate this as a cheaper alternative way of making solar power.

The same technique can be used to create a sheet of paper covered in photovoltaic cells. As the ink can be printed on plastic as well as paper, these solar cells could form a very cheap way of mass producing energy-generating sheets to cover our roofs.

www.geek.com...

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
It is not at all surprising to hear that solar cells can be made for a few dollars compared to the current hundreds of dollars. It will be surprising when this technology actually makes it into the market place as the oil companies and other energy sector billionaires finally concede defeat.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

I was thinking the same thing. I ran across another article which hinted that is exactly what might happen.

I wish gov't officials would create legislation to prevent the blocking of technical accomplishments versus legislation to ensure monopolies continue to prosper. At least when it comes to medical and energy needs.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

We have recently gotten a Carbon Tax here in Australia, so it will help provide some economic incentive for these types of emerging technologies to break through. But it is a tough job as the energy sector has become comfortable and protecting of its revenue streams.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Yep, been talking to a friend about this.

He contacted the manufacturing company and was told that they are not selling to the public for around 4-5 years, as they are too busy filling Govt contracts.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

its the damn government that is doing all the blocking, every single person we elect and is now in washington is a millionare thanks to these techniques, they make sure we, the normal people have nothing that way they can keep us in check. pass legislation, thats a joke that would mean they would have to pass it against themselves.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I wonder how durable they are. I did read about a guy who made something similar in the US a few years ago. His solar panels are made on a film that can be walked on, torn, or even shot thru (with a bullet) and still work. The only problem I see with these kind of solar panels is they don't put out a lot of voltage and aren't too efficient. But they are very light weight. Not sure how well they would work in more northern climates where large amounts of snow could cover them in the winter. But you could do what I do and get up on that roof and shovel it off or use a roof rake to remove any snow that piles up and not have to worry about damaging these low cost panels.

oninnovation.com...

top topics

join