It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An experiment on letting go of the fear of judgement.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
Children can be forgiven, they are just children and have the potential to learn and improve....
Stupid adults get on my last everloving nerve.
edit on 10-7-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

Children don't need forgiveness for spelling errors?

They need instruction that gives them confidence to do it correctly, and a feeling of accomplishment when they do it correctly.

Not like they avoided doing something BAD that they need forgiveness for.

But thank you for showing us the mentality of your teacher mindset, I'm just grateful none of mine ever needed your "forgiveness"

Yes, I agree... real stupidity and arrogance from adult teachers can get on my last everlasting nerve at times as well.

edit on 10-7-2012 by WhisperingWinds because: so chitan could feel good about herself. lol

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I just saw this, and wanted to say thank you!

Whenever I see someone ripping down the form rather than the content of someone else's writing, I feel embarrassed for them, not the target of their (often grammatically flawed
) attack.

If you dismiss a post out of distaste over someone's use of a comma, or an absence of proper paragraphs, or some other petty detail, you are going to miss a lot of interesting content. I feel, also, that the way a person breaks grammatical conventions adds a lot of flavor to their writing.

It never occurred to me that the presence of grammar Nazis here would deter people from posting out of fear of ridicule, but I bet you're right. That's a complete bummer, and I bet we're all a little poorer for not being able to read what they'd write.
edit on 23-8-2012 by Eidolon23 because: That doesn't mean I'm not OCD about my own grammatical errors.

edit on 23-8-2012 by Eidolon23 because: VERY OCD.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by WhisperingWinds

Yes, I double on that. I know we have a great many lurkers, and even members who don't ever post, because perhaps they are poor spellers. Well go right ahead. You should read some of the posts by non Americans. I myself spell many words wrong when writing, thankfully I use Firfox, and it has a built-in spellchecker.
about:config - press Enter.
Type in the box: layout.spellcheckDefault
Change the value from 1 to 2.
That's it!

Personally I don't care how you write, or spell, just post.

posted on Aug, 23 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
A big thank you to those who have supported what I was trying to say with this thread.

I hope those that feel they are not as articulate as others, or may lack in grammar, punctuation , and spelling skills (such as me at times) will also read your comments, and overcome the fear the may have of being ridiculed for not doing things by the book.

Once again a sincere thank you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join