It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are you?!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
reply to post by Domo1

Indeed!

Fodder for the next public barbeque

What's the point of this response?

Do you honestly believe I would stand around and allow myself to be slaughtered? Or, are you really just that unimaginative?

Just because I don't identify myself with a profession doesn't mean I can't respond to this thread. Frankly, I do, truly, do what I feel I have to do. I have "saved lives", I would take lives if I felt I had to.

I am the problem, and I am the solution, at the same time.

I help, I hurt, I exist.

I am because I exist.

I don't profess to be anything more than I am, and What I am is everything. We are ALL everything.

We, the results of "the big bang", were a part of it. The atoms that make up our beings were there. The essence that makes up our "souls" was there. We have, do, and will always exist.

We are the universe.

I am the universe, just as I am nothing.

What's the point in trying to hurt others and separate us out by "right" and "wrong"?

We are all right, just as we are all wrong.

You start the thread out asking us whether we are the problem or the solution... yet, you then attempt to insult someone who responds honestly.

Tell me, TedHodgson, are you the problem, or are you the solution?
edit on 7/10/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

Then let that way of thinking be your own curse.

The way you justify what you are is a textbook answer that anyone unwilling or just too darn lazy to make a difference would give.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

Ahh, so I don't make a difference just because I don't answer your post as you want me to?

Please, I invite you, tell me what I am, in your understanding?

I will me answer your question within the very confines of your understanding, it appears to be quite limited by societal stereotyping:

I have worked with many abused children as a mental health nurse. I have worked with, mentally ill adults, mentally deficit adults, and criminally insane adults as a mental health nurse and therapist. I have worked with fatally ill people of all ages on their death beds as a hospice nurse, comforting the family members and helping people ease into their last moments. I have worked with elderly people, assisting them in the daily activities they could no longer do on their own without judgment and without resentment.

I lived the first eighteen years of my life as an abused and oppressed person. I raised six younger siblings and protected them from abuse in any way I could. I lived an additional time after I moved from that house being abused in other ways, until I finally was able to stand up for myself and become the person I wanted to be.

I know how to survive.

I have survived.

I am here typing to you, aren't I?

If there were a human flesh barbecue, be assured that I would do all I could do to be the Chef. However, I would bury the bodies rather than eat them. Because we all deserve respect, even in death.

As I have said, I would kill if I needed to. I have nearly killed when I've needed to. I have made the decision in my heart to murder another human being, but fate intervened. I was spared from that position at that time, but there is no guarantee I will be spared in the future.

I can't let abusers go unpunished, it is against my nature. I will do whatever it takes to stop them from hurting other people.

I help people because I have to help people. I have always helped people, I always will help people. It's what I do. It is only you, TedHodgson, who knows nothing about me and who will probably never know me in real life, who is questioning this because you can only read what you want to read.

I am what I am.

I am my experiences. I am the past and present, my children are the future.

And, I am a mother with three children and I teach them to be good people and to do good things in the world, to help other people. They change the world by being who they are. They change the world by their existence.

I, by extension, change the world by my existence.

You have not answered my question as I have asked it, TedHodgson:

Are you the problem or are you the solution?
edit on 7/10/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TedHodgson
reply to post by ottobot

Then let that way of thinking be your own curse.

The way you justify what you are is a textbook answer that anyone unwilling or just too darn lazy to make a difference would give.

To think that whomever finds themselves so multi-faceted that they are unexplainable is undoubtedly "unwilling" and "lazy" is probably one of the least thought out ideas ever conceived. Because a being refuses to and cannot be reduced to a label, as if they were a product of some assembly line, does not make them lazy and unwilling, but critical and inquisitive.

We find that it is not what people are that contributes to the whole, but what they can do. A soldier can be a doctor; a doctor can be a farmer. To reduce an undefinable entity or oneself to a cog in some sadistic machine, is a fascistic way of thinking that throws dirt on individual rights.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

I'm nothing.

And that's the response i was waiting for

The original question was rhetorical, The only person your convincing is in fact yourself.
edit on 10/7/12 by TedHodgson because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by TedHodgson

Well then why were you giving me a hard time right after I said:

I am the universe, just as I am nothing.

Surely there is room for variable responses to a rhetorical question?

Either way, this is a thought provoking thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join