It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

weird weather

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnprince

If you want to pick holes in somebody's grammar . Your reply was grammatically incorrect , but I wager you haven't the slightest idea why.

As for me going back to university . Your reply speaks volumes of your immaturity . Grow up .
From the looks of your avatar ( if that is you ) , it looks like most of your hard earned money finds it's way up your nose

edit on 10-7-2012 by dawnprince because: (no reason given)

Now you're nit-picking.
You're totally hilarious. I'm so happy your buttons are such an easy thing to push.
It's no wonder mind-control through suggestion and sympathetic or reactionary response through a susceptibility to influence through social networks and interactions is such a laughably easy task.

Dance monkey, dance!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Now you're nit-picking.

If it's good for the goose ............

You didn't answer my question.
Are you seriously saying that the thousands of victims of hurricane Katrina , were so because of " bad life choices" ???
Have the courage of your convictions , or shut up , little girl .

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   
as people are claiming tthat UK weather is " going crazy " - and such

i would just note - that those who do not study history are doomed to panic

as i am in a good mood :

10th august 2003

22nd october 2001

03rd august 1990

16th october 1987

10th janurary 1982

the entire summer of 1976

02nd janurary 1976

the summer of 1967

feburary 1963

those are just in my lifetime and if ATS had been in existance to respond o those events in real time - certain people would have panicked

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnprince

Yes.
Everyone of sufficiently adult capacity is a victim of their own life choices beyond the point where they began making choices for themselves.

Granted, there are people who have no choice or very limited choices because they are children, physically or mentally ill, or have narrowed their options down to very little from what choices they've been able to make in life, and people because of those limitations and handicaps will and do indeed suffer, as well as in many cases dying.

It's sad, yes. It happens though. It's a part of life. Hundreds of thousands of people died in the big 2004 Indian Ocean Tsunami. Many people in Japan lost their lives to the recent tsunami there.
There's millions of people all over the world living in very close proximity to volcanoes, and even a super-volcano at Yellowstone.
If I decide to live in a coastal region, I'm going to expect hurricanes and tsunamis.
If I live somewhere close to a volcano, I'm going to expect tremors and the possibility of an eruption one day.
If I live in a fault zone I'm going to expect earthquakes.
If I life in a floodplain, I'm going to expect floods.
If I live downstream of a dam along the banks of a river, or anywhere in the path of what would be a catastrophe if the dam broke, I'd have that as a concern.
If I live anywhere close to a nuclear power plant, there's things I will expect there as well.
If I live in a major metropolitan area, any big city, I'm going to expect traffic dangers, drug dealers, typical urban crime, as well as the big paranoid scenarios like The Bomb, or terrorism, or other such diffuse worries.

We all make our choices, and depending on where we choose to live, we should expect what comes with it, and if you can't take personal responsibility and accountability for your own failings to prepare for that life choice as well as all your life choices and all the risks that come with it, then, you're pretty much just asking for whatever happens to happen to you.

If you can't accept responsibility and accountability for your own life, then, that's just really quite very pathetically sad.

edit on 10-7-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Hohoho. I doubt you will win many friends with that reply .

I double dare you to start a thread with it . Go on , please.

Maybe we should all aspire to be as greatly educated as you and then we can all shrug off our responsibilities and lead the hedonistic lifestyle that you are obviously so fond of ?

One of the greatest mistakes one can make as a human being is to measure other peoples lives by our own successes . You are treading on very thin ice , young lady.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
well it appears that this thread is mostly about who can be the rudest.

if you don't like the OP then don't keep commenting.

the weather IS weird and it IS extreme. yes, weather happens. if it's normal in one area that does NOT mean that everything is just peachy and nothing to worry about.

climate change is a real discussion. some people think it's a hoax. some people think that the climate change deniers are the ones that are being hoaxed.

it's a REAL discussion.

i don't think it's going to happen on this thread though.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   

If everybody were in a position to make the perfect life choices , then your hedonistic lifestyle would be pretty short lived .

Fisherman need to live by the coast , unless of course you think it would be better for them to commute ?

Farmers need to farm open land , now if this land just happens to be in an area notorious for suffering the wrath of tornadoes , then you are saying this is a bad life choice ?

If everybody could make the kind of choices you dictate, then who would catch our fish ? Who would farm our lands to provide food for the masses ? Who would carry out all the menial jobs that are essential to a successful society?
Your kind of Utopia does not and will never exist , except up inside your butt cheeks , which is clearly where you prefer to insert your head.

Millions of people do not have the luxury of " choice " and so they nobly go about their daily life .
Your reply lacks humility and smacks of self righteousness.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by dawnprince

I'm not here to make friends.

I'm here for the personal gratification of whatever entertainment I feel interested in exercising or participating in, regardless, contrary to, and in spite of what anyone cares to feel about anything I express.

Lots of people choose to get emotionally involved with inputs I make, at which point I'm more than happy, and often overjoyed with the entertainment they provide in being so easily manipulated into an emotional response because of some silly words on a screen from someone they've never met, and will never actually know in person.

I'm quite happy to make simple dry observations, often with a bit of sarcasm, but, that sarcasm seems to always push someone's oh so easily pushed little buttons. It's really funny to me.
People get so personal.

So predictable.
So easy to program.
So sensitive to little things like words on a screen.

All the personal attacks against me here have been quite flattering. All for me. Such wonderful easy outpouring of emotion. You just keep pouring it on too.

I'm taking a nap now. Please queue the next little monkey up to dance.

Keep in mind this response is engineered to get a response. Are you going to keep dancing? Is someone else else going to step in?

My middle name is Tempest. Really. It's just the weather. It happens.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

We all make our choices, and depending on where we choose to live, we should expect what comes with it, and if you can't take personal responsibility and accountability for your own failings to prepare for that life choice as well as all your life choices and all the risks that come with it, then, you're pretty much just asking for whatever happens to happen to you.

Do you truely believe you speak for everyone? Do you have children? Have you lost a job and had a tough time finding a new one? Do you have severe health issues? Do you have aging parents that need care? Do you really think we all CHOOSE to live where we want with full knowledge of the risks? Granted there are some who do, but more whom because of "life circumstances", cannot choose otherwise. I do not relish critiquing you or anyone, as I try to accept the vastness of different opinions that make for interesting reads, but I immediately felt uncomfortable with your first response to the OP. Unless this "approach" is something you enjoy, please try to examine WHY you appear so defensive and hostile for no worthy reason.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Druscilla would have to be the most arrogant, big headed member I think I've come across on ATS. Why she thinks that people care about her life and all the great achievements and mantras that she holds, well, it's beyond me.

Paragraph after paragraph of self-centered, 'me, me, me' nonsense. Your feigned superiority is boring us all, Druscilla. We can see clearly that you like to belittle other people so that you have an excuse to talk about how awesome you are, in contrast to everybody else. You've made your point.

I'm begging you, please stand in a corner and practice some introspection. Your lack of self-awareness, not to mention your poor grammar proficiency, is tiresome.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by JailTales

Druscilla would have to be the most arrogant, big headed member I think I've come across on ATS.

One of the most accurate statements I have seen recently on ATS. I wish I could give it 10 stars

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I'll tell you what, the amount of times the weather has changed in one day where I live (in the UK) is mad. At work the other day, and this was the outcome:

Between 7-9AM - Down pour, heavier than hell rain, enough to make an Umbrella useless

10AM - I was now in the office, looking out at some of the nicest weather, no clouds now, thinking what a good lunch this will turn out to be, considering the rain we had an hour earlier

12AM - Even though there was no cloud in site a half hour before, we're straight back into heavy rain, with thunder this time

Fast forward to 2PM, when my lunch is completely over - Back to really hot sunny weather, again, no clouds (I was back in the office, of course)

It stays nice right up until 4PM - Heavy rain and thunder again, black skies. I get out the office at 5:30PM, I'm getting hit by some sturdy wind, even though now the sun is out and again, no clouds.

It's a real bizarre time in the UK, literally no idea what to expect next. I'm not used to having to prepare my heavy as hell rain clothing, and my uncomfortably hot clothing in the same day, and alternating between them.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I think all the "weird weather" is more of a result of being exposed to world-wide weather catastrophes thanks to the internet and 24/7 news channels.

Sure, you hear about floods on the news now and then, but the truth is that there are even more that you don't hear about. Which means that floods (and other bad weather events) are more common than some people might realize.

For example, we were vacationing in Italy last November. While there, we caught a news segment talking about a flood in Genoa that killed several people. I took notice of it because our original travel plans included a visit to Genoa, but was later changed because of time constraints.

If we weren't in Italy at the time, and weren't orignally planning on visiting Genoa, we never would have heard about this flood (I checked several news sites in the US and none of them mentioned it).

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Weird weather or not? I'll tell you what is weird and just happened today, minutes ago in fact.

I've two sets of cages for my chickens - they're about 4 feet from each other.

BOTH cages have shade, both cages have food (of course) and when it's HOT (as it is now - 42 C) both cages get their water changed on a regular basis (every two hours max) to make SURE neither of the birds in either cage ever suffer at all.

What have I been doing for the last hour? Damage control. Two of the birds in the one cage? They roasted from the inside out. I am not joking you. They just up and died - in chicken screams of pain and horror. I heard this and ran out and was like WHAT THE HECK! The two birds in the one cage are perfect, the two in the other cage? DEAD.

I cut them open and cleaned them as fast as possible. If I don't use their meat? I don't eat. Their inside were ROASTING HOT.

The weirdest thing? The cooked from the inside - out.

So tell me the sun isn't doing something FREAKY! Their cage? They had the option of being under cover - or a small slice of sun to the side. The other cage with two chickens? Only shade.

It seems to me the two who had the sun option? Took it - and now - are dead.

And I'm not joking. I can't post pics of this cause it's just too gross - but yes - their meat - on the INSIDE was white - not pink.

Now that's freaky.

peace

edit on 10-7-2012 by silo13 because: fixed a (

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

I live in the Upper Midwest. It has not been normal. We had a very mild and wet winter when we usually have a cold dry winter with lots of snow. We didn't even have Spring. It went right to Summer weather and we have been breaking records all over the place.

No, it's not normal.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by sparky31

yeah its happening and u obviously had no idea what i was talking about even tho you live in that country...no rail road tracks melting,electricitys fine? tell them in maryland... do a little research before trying to slag someone off,just makes u look stupid.

yep, im up in the north and the heat has been unbearable, with heat index above 100 a lot so its been very tropical feeling up here. Also, i have never burned since i was about 13 and for the first time since then thissummer i have burned badly twice and i was only in the sun for a few min, the sun just feels way hotter than i remember. the weather around the glob is changing and it has been on our news, at least up here in MN. So i agree with you sparky...

Peace

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by canselmi
I think all the "weird weather" is more of a result of being exposed to world-wide weather catastrophes thanks to the internet and 24/7 news channels.

Sure, you hear about floods on the news now and then, but the truth is that there are even more that you don't hear about. Which means that floods (and other bad weather events) are more common than some people might realize.
r example, we were vacationing in Italy last November. While there, we caught a news segment talking about a flood in Genoa that killed several people. I took notice of it because our original travel plans included a visit to Genoa, but was later changed because of time constraints.

If we weren't in Italy at the time, and weren't orignally planning on visiting Genoa, we never would have heard about this flood (I checked several news sites in the US and none of them mentioned it).

Its not just people hearing about it, its people experiencing it too, why is that so hard for people to understand?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnprince

There have been other extremes with heat, wind, floods, earthquakes, and many other things. It's weather. It happens.

Do you know how annoyingly patronising your reply was ?
I hope you get the same responses the next time you post anything .

What do you say if somebody saw a ghost ? " oh it's just paranormal , it happens " ?
Or if somebody comes up with a political corruption theory , would you reply " oh it's just politics " ?

God forbid you should ever find yourself and your loved ones in the path of a hurricane , because if you do , I hope somebody patronisingly says to you " You're going to lose everything dear to you , but it's just the weather " !!!

Yeah thats just how she is, it gets very annoying to see this with pretty much all her posts but whatever, i think she just likes to argue. A lot of people feel the same about the weather feeling different so it doesnt matter what a few think because a lot more agree that something isnt right with the weather.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by JailTales

just wow, right on the nose man, so true.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

So will you be having sun roasted chicken this evening then?

reply to post by InnerTruths

reply to post by Scaledown

In addition, there is an article released today,

Back-to-back La Niñas cooled globe and influenced extreme weather in 2011

Thought you would interested.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join