It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange asylum 'may harm Ecuador'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Assange asylum 'may harm Ecuador'

www.news.com.au

Ecuador's ambassador to Washington has expressed concerns that granting political asylum to WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange could be used to discredit Quito in the US.
"Giving asylum to Assange would be used as ammunition to attack the country," Ambassador Nathalie Cely said in a radio interview.

Ms Cely said salvos already have been launched by pressure groups seeking to "disparage her country in the eyes of US business leaders and policymakers."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Already had Salvos launched?

So it would seem there is mounting pressure on Ecuador to deny JA entry. Where could this be coming from? Hang on could it be from the people who want to potentially put him in the slammer for the rest of his life?

The pieces to the puzzle are hidden in smoke in mirrors with little snippets just to keep everyone's eybrows raised.

My guess is Ecuador is going to bow down to pressure from the US and Assange will end in up Sweden followed by an extradition to the USA in a media circus. He will become an example and a much needed trophy for the US establishment.

After last weeks hopes, this news is a let down

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 9-7-2012 by magma because: spelling

edit on 9-7-2012 by magma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
where is the Australasian govenment? where is the federal aussie govenment?
oh thats right

the ausies only protect the bankers
WTF?

xploder

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Wow Ecuador really has no pride. They didnt even make any excuses, they just flat out said they were scared of America.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
If Assange doesn't - America will - just another country waiting in the queue for their turn. At least Assange may tell them something useful - he's the only one speaks the truth!!!

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Wow Ecuador really has no pride. They didnt even make any excuses, they just flat out said they were scared of America.

Which makes me wonder, what The US has threatened them with?

Which makes me wonder just how big is this thing?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
And we are sitting here, swallowing everything and writing posts.

Assange is not my heroe, but we are just fat couch potatoes, talking about what is going on. While they decide, how our future will look like.

Sad for us, sad for Assange.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
It's time to organize a clandestine ex-filtration of mr Assange me think otherwise it's gonna be a uk>sweden>u.s>federal jail trip for him.They want to set an example it's clear. One thing i don't understand is why hasn't he seeked asylum in a russian ambassy for instance? It seems to me russians would be more inclined to provide him,i could be wrong though.

I said before they would have him on technicalities, and what is happening ?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Siddharta

Maybe you can speak for yourself in this instance.

We can talk about it if we desire as can you, as you did.

They have it in for him, you, me, everybody, remember?

It is prudent to be ahead of the game...

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Out of curiosity, does anyone know why he was given asylum in Eqador? Was this the only place that gave him asylum, and if so, why?

Its not really the first place that comes to mind...

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

He wasn't given asylum in Ecuador he is seeking it via the Ecuadorian Embasssy in London.

Ecuador I can assume was his choice due to their sometimes defiant attitude toward the USA. This was a hope that he may escape TPTB

Todays article suggests that Ecuador are under pressure to deny asylum to JA. This could mean that he may have to face court in Sweden then be potentially exposed to extraditions to the USA

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
This is an extremely frightening time for Ecuador because they have been threatened to be put down like Libya if they do not comply.

The Ecuador government knows its risks and they may conclude that Mr. Assange is not worth the bombs and bullets rained down on them if they don't throw out law and order and stop searching for the truth and protecting Assange.

The world order is telling the very threatening message that you must become its customer and employee or perish. Ecuador may be playing its cards perhaps for favors but if the house doesn't like the game anymore, the house shuts down... The Game.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by star in a jar
This is an extremely frightening time for Ecuador because they have been threatened to be put down like Libya if they do not comply.

If I am reading your post correctly, you are saying that Ecuador has been threatened to have its government deposed by force of arms, if they grant Assange asylum.

Do you have some proof of this claim perchance?

edit on 9-7-2012 by mobiusmale because: typo

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by magma
My guess is Ecuador is going to bow down to pressure from the US and Assange will end in up Sweden followed by an extradition to the USA in a media circus. He will become an example and a much needed trophy for the US establishment.

After last weeks hopes, this news is a let down

He is wanted for questioning in Sweden for a couple of alleged sex crimes. The U.S. is not party to this action...it is a Swedish criminal justice issue...that has been adjudicated so far by Great Britain (where Assange was attempting to hide out to avoid having to face justice).

Ecuador will kick him to the curb, where he will promptly be arrested...and will likely lose his mansion arrest privileges...because there is no legal grounds for asylum. Having to answer questions about rape allegations is not harassment...it is due process. And there is no danger that he would face the death penalty...Sweden has not executed anybody in 100 years (and capital punishment was abolished altogether back in the 70's).

I have a question...honestly, I don't understand this element of this controversy. If the U.S. really wanted to extradite Assange for his Wikileaks activities...there is no indictment there that I am aware of, but...why could they not just extradite him directly from England? Why this idea that he would have to go to Sweden, and be extradited from there?

Assange is a rat...a very loud one...and loud rats always eventually get caught in a trap.

Aside from that, if he broke Swedish criminal law he has to face the music like anyone else. Even if he didn't he needs to submit to the law enforcement process...and if charged as a result of these allegations, he needs to get a lawyer and defend himself like anybody else.

Enough of the cloak and dagger slight of hand Julian...

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

I disagree. Having pride, integrity and self worth allows you to be honest without fear of retribution.

Anyone that says they are not afraid of the economic sanctions imposed and/or military intervention by the global bully, is simply lying.

Look at Cuba's persecution for standing up to the US.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mobiusmale

If it wasn't such a big deal for JA to get asylum in Ecuador, then why is the USA putting pressure on them to not grant it? Suggests that the US have an interest

Maybe he needs to do his due process in Sweden , but it appears there is a problem in that. I agree if he is guilty do the time and at least face the court to find out, however, there is something a little more sinister behind all this.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by mobiusmale
He is wanted for questioning in Sweden for a couple of alleged sex crimes. The U.S. is not party to this action...it is a Swedish criminal justice issue...that has been adjudicated so far by Great Britain (where Assange was attempting to hide out to avoid having to face justice).

If the USA has nothing to do with this, why is Ecuador's Ambassador to WASHINGTON (USA) saying "Giving asylum to Assange would be used as ammunition to attack the country," [Ambassador Nathalie Cely] ?

Really, it isn't that much of a stretch to connect the dots. The US isn't even trying to hide it, otherwise it would have been Ecuador's Ambassador to Sweden as the talking head

edit on 10-7-2012 by RogerT3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mobiusmale
He is wanted for questioning in Sweden for a couple of alleged sex crimes. The U.S. is not party to this action...it is a Swedish criminal justice issue..

Sweden like most of the western world is a puppet of the US government,the USA requests its puppet states to pursue sensitive matters such as this to take the heat off themselves,for example the libya campaign was cooked up by the US imperialists but they instructed france to take the lead and start the bombing,seems to be working pretty well for them as it has most people fooled.
edit on 10-7-2012 by amurphy245 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

No they didn't. The Ecuadorian ambassador to the United States stated that it would harm Ecuador.

Does that not ring a bell? Just last week, we had their Foreign Minister state that he thought the allegations against Assange were "hilarious."

It is obvious that the US appointed this ambassador to state this...
edit on 10-7-2012 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by magma
reply to post by Siddharta

Maybe you can speak for yourself in this instance.

We can talk about it if we desire as can you, as you did.

They have it in for him, you, me, everybody, remember?

It is prudent to be ahead of the game...

Did you understand one word of what you wrote? I didn't.
But I got the impression, we are on the same side somehow.

So peace to you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join