It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exxon CEO Rex Tillerson: Fossil fuels will warm planet, but humans can adapt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
see thetyee.ca...

According to the above article, in a recent speech, Exxon's CEO, Mr. Rex Tilllerson added credibility to the climate change debate by acknowledging fossil fuel combustion as a significant factor in global warming.

It is interesting that he sees human adaptability and engineering as the solutions to climate change but overall I didn't see too much surprising in his comments.

However, its good for my side of the debate when my Mom questions global warming's validity again! I can now refer her to the heads of the biggest oil companies in the world (Exxon and Shell) as both have now clearly accepted the science of climate change caused by the burning of fossil fuels.

Thanks for the new help in trying to convince my Mom that global warming is real Mr. Tillerson

edit on 9-7-2012 by surfin4it because: corrected grammar

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Ok so Exonn supports the global warming theory. This dosent mean anything other than Exonn makes more money and the Politicians further their main lie supporting agenda 21.

Cap and trade and "green" regulations shut down the smaller companies while Exonn absorbs their capital and creates a monopoly. So they gain. Oh it will appear that the regulations are hurting Exonn's bottom line, but when most of their competition is gone and prices go back up who's is gonna benefit?

Exonn contributes to those politicians who further the agenda 21/global warming BS now everyone wins....yay.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
How can humans adapt when extreme weather wipes out food stocks?
How can humans adapt to a mass extinction phase brought about by global warming?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by minor007

Chemicals in your food, water, drugs
Induced human mutations through the above
Gmo foods and crops
?????????????????

Who's to say we are not being genetically and chemicaly modified to become more resistant to the problems we have caused such as climate change ?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by surfin4it

Its a nice way to say that he and others like him are going to become rich and the rest of us will have to suffer.

edit on 9-7-2012 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

top topics

join