It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Derek Acorah

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Hi,

I am interested in mediums etc and wondered what people think of Derek Acorah?

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Is the the medium on Living TV's Most Haunted??? That show rules, he's kinda cool too depends how you feel about stuff like that. Personally i think its all possible but thats just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 7 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I'm not too sure about Derek. The things he comes out with sometimes leaves me in awe whilst watching Most Haunted. However, what get's me is that when they're doing seances, or most recently in the newest series, table-tipping, he doesn't come in to say who it is, how can he not speak when these 'spirit's' come to the room?

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I aggree with you there but some of the things that have happened on the show are too much to be coincidence if you know what i mean? And the way they actually back up their claims with the sceptic who tries to think of explinations, but like i said some of the things that have happened, especially at night with the nightvision cameras when you see all the orbs etc...

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Sorry, I've had this link for a while and just had to share it with somebody. It's from Harry Hill for all that are outside UK, or even in the UK for that matter who don't know who he is. His show is pure comedy, taking the 'micky' out of TV shows. It's all done lightheartedly, but I saw this and couldn't stop laughing.

Here he is having a good old go at Derek's Ghost Towns!

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Derek Accorah is probably the worst medium going around although he is hliarious to watch. I would suggest looking at someone else other than him

Might be worth checking this website out to see derek accorah being caught cheating a few times

www.badpsychics.com

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Oh and here's another video I kept which shows Yvette Fielding chatting with the live host off camera, but still captured.

Dereks a fake what Yvette?! lol

Harry Hill though, lol!

[edit on 5-10-2007 by Arawn]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Derek Acorah is a boob!

I never bought into the Derek schpiel. And I watch Most Haunted every week! I love the show, but, I can't take Derek for real. David Wells I think may be gifted, but, that's another story. I know Ciran O'Keefe can't stand him and read that one time Ciran allowed Derek overhear him say a name associated to the location, a name that had no relation to the haunting, just a name Ciran made up and let Derek overhear. Sure enough, Derek was "possessed" by a spirit with the same name that investigation. Ciran proved it to me right there. I think I read it on the T.A.P.S. board, but, it was a while ago and you can imagine what the TAPS fans think about Most Haunted. So, I can't verify the story, but, hearing it definately put me over the fence on my opinion of Derek Acorah.

My $.02
Cuhail

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I think it's been almost universally acknowledged that Derek Acorah is a fake.

The paranormal investigator (Ciran O'Keefe) on Most Haunted set him up by with fake names of deceased people. They leaked these names to sources that Acorah might consult prior to an investigation. These false names were anagrams of "Derek Faker" and similar insults.

Acorah picked right up on them.

[edit on 10/5/07 by Zane Zackerly]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail

Derek Acorah is a boob!

I never bought into the Derek schpiel. And I watch Most Haunted every week! I love the show, but, I can't take Derek for real. David Wells I think may be gifted, but, that's another story. I know Ciran O'Keefe can't stand him and read that one time Ciran allowed Derek overhear him say a name associated to the location, a name that had no relation to the haunting, just a name Ciran made up and let Derek overhear.

Yes, I love Most Haunted as well and when I found out Derek was a fraud, which I truly believe, I continued watching the episodes with him present as pure entertainment. Now, with David Wells, until proven guilty, he's genuine. Who are we to say he can't do what he does. The guy is very accurate by all accounts and does hit the nail on the head way much more than Derek ever did.

As for O'Keefe, he did set Derek up something rotten. False anagrams of names he slipped into converstations which Derek heard and said during the shows. But O'Keefe isn't the only one to really dislike him. I don't know if any of you Most Haunted fans remember the live shows, but this video I'm going to show you is one of the skeptics they had on there a few times.

Here he is having a right go at Derek.

And here, he's called a conman from an Irish phone-in.

[edit on 5-10-2007 by Arawn]

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I used to think Derek was funny, but since he left Most Haunted I find him impossible to watch (possible something to do with that noseless Crack whore Daniella Westbrook he's hanging around)...

I he's definatly a fake either way

posted on Oct, 5 2007 @ 02:34 PM
link   
all psychics are fake, every last one of them are frauds, they should by law prove their claims before they take any poor often emotional persons money. I dont want to hear they shouldn't have to prove it you either believe or you don't, wrong they should have to prove it a lot are becoming very wealthy preying on peoples emotions and i would label the lot of them criminals
, sorry for the outburst but nothing annoys me more than pyschics

posted on Oct, 6 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by R-evolve

Amen to that

James Randi has been offering a million dollars for over twenty years now to anyone that can prove that they are psychic. He has exposed everyone of them as frauds including Uri Geller and Sylvia Brown. He has also exposed psychic surgery, faith healing and astology. I guess all those years of being a magician paid off

Heres a link to one of his better debunkings

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 06:26 AM
link   
GAWWWWWWD!!!!!!

I want to pluck out my eyes,scoop out my brain with a rusty spoon and flush it down the lav when I see this guy on TV mincing around.

He's right up there with Ruby Wax and GWB for my league of annoying,attention seeking fake pratts

The only thing more annoying is that people still watch him after he was proven on cam to be a fake.

This has got to be a conspiracy in itself because there ARE paranormal events still yet to be explained and this steaming great lemon isn't helping any scientific progress/investigating what so ever.

*Cough*.. rant over

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 09:14 AM
link   
i do believe in pschics my ex's mum was one and she was amazing.

but derek i find him a fake and i cant even watch me makes me feel embarrassed to watch him.

i dont believe in most haunted either itsa load of rubbish and gives real ghost hunters and pschics a bad name.

well thats my opinion

its just a shame my mum is such a big fan of him and believes everything he says

new topics

top topics

join