It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New U.F.O. video or another fake?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I was following a link on another thread and came across this video. I tried to find posts on here about it but couldn't find any. If it has been posted before please send me a link, because I would love to find out what everyone thinks it is. The man who posted it toy youtube says that it was filmed in New Zealand , and that was all the information He posted.
www.youtube.com...
He thinks it looks like the 2 tailed possible comet discussed on this post. www.abovetopsecret.com...
I am on the fence on this one. At first I thought it might be a rocket or missile launch, but in almost 4 minutes it doesn't seem to move at all.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by todd44

Look ok enough. The fact that it's a vector is pretty interesting considering that it's in alot of old art and...well all the space engencies logos around the world. But if it's real or not... Your guess is as good as mine.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Never seen anything like this... I don't usually look at these type of threads due to the amount of CGI etc.. I don't know why I clicked on this but I'm glad I did.

This is really weird... And seems legit....

Anyone

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Doesnt appear to be fake.

Here's a still from the OP's vid

Very strange.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
This is not strange at all.

It's obviously an aircraft on high altitute cruise, leaving contrails behind that are lit up by the sun. The effect is a "meteor"-like or strange shaped "object".

Take a look at these photos of other aircrafts,

contrailscience.com...

Similar cases:

Contrail mistaken for a meteor
news.discovery.com...
aartscope.blogspot.se...

edit on 9-7-2012 by Zyril because: Added a similar case.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
looks legit. There are other videos which have recorded this same shape. I'm not going to go hunting down for it at the moment, but they're out there.

It's strange because sightings recently have gone from orb like balls of light to more of this shape of entering or coming down. Weird.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Plane flying away from the viewer when the sun is low in the sky. That's quite common. It's just the contrails.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Edit: beaten by above

Contrail, plane flying away from the camera, with the sunlight hitting the short contrail.

edit on 9-7-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Maybe so, but the object in question stays consistently the same shape and doesn't move.

Odd...

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

I think the posters above are right.... Seems to be a plane... It does move, albeit very slowly to the viewer's eye as it's so far away.....
edit on 9-7-2012 by paradisepurple because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
very cool video. not sure what to make of it. zoomed in it does look like two trails coming off the back of something "falling" or traveling.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

The perspective makes it look as if it's not moving. The plane is at a very high altitude, let's guess around 41,000 ft, and it is flying away from the point of perspective. Since it is so high up and the viewer is so far away, even though it will move at a high rate of speed, the viewer will only see the forward movement of the plane as a very short distance, and at a slow rate. This is simple physics/math. Use trigonometry and you can reenact this at a very low level.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
They covered this on fact or faked I do believe .. I'm almost certain..

They recreated it perfectly and then called around and found out that this was practicing by paratrooper for an air show coming up.. flares attached to his feet..

It looks like the same video or video recorded from another angle.. A LOT of people reported it to the police, even when Fact or Faked was trying to recreate it a huge number of UFO reports came in ..

If I'm thinking of the wrong video, then sorry in advance.. but even in their video you couldn't actually see the guy himself, it looked almost like an asteroid splitting in two, slowing down suddenly and maintaining a weird pattern
edit on 7/9/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Plane flying away from the viewer when the sun is low in the sky. That's quite common. It's just the contrails.

Likely, but can we see a plane? Its just possible its something else.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   
ATS went through a spate of these last year around the time of the Elenin debacle. A guy on youtube used to film them in the same place at the same time with alarming regularity. It should have been obvious to one and all that he was under a flight path, but no, apparently they were UFOs/Elenin/comets/Nibiru. They're simply sunlit contrails, Zyril has already posted the appropriate links.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The plane is flying away from the viewer.
The distance covered by the plane in a moment of time, X, will appear as a shorter distance from the point of the viewer due to the angle. The sketch should illustrate that logically enough.

The "flaming" contrail is perhaps not as short as it appears to be, that is also due to the angle. The sun has set below the horizon but the sunrays are lighting up the contrail making it look like fire behind the plane.

I'm still fascinated that people still believe that there are meteors or UFO's with flames behind them, when they instantly should recognise the very common view of a plane with a contrail. I'm no skeptic to UFO's, I just think there are way to many people who want to believe that anything is from outer space or something mysterious.
edit on 9-7-2012 by Zyril because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Thanks for the quick response's!
I first thought it looked looked contrails from a missile launch I had seen once before. But with the lack of movement I wasn't sure, but now I'm pretty well convinced that Zyril is right.
I'm having one of my hard to think days thanks to M.S. and meds, glad there is a place To bring something like this and get sound feedback.
I'll have to look up the Fact or faked episode thanks for input,miniatus.
edit on 9-7-2012 by todd44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Id say the video is definately real,,I just dont know what it is..??? That noise in th back is unfortunate..........
edit on 9-7-2012 by avatard because: obomney sucks

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mianeye
Edit: beaten by above

Contrail, plane flying away from the camera, with the sunlight hitting the short contrail.

edit on 9-7-2012 by Mianeye because: (no reason given)

I agree, I have seen something like it.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Swamp gas at high altitude above the viewer when the sun is low in the sky. That's quite common. It's just the swamp gas reflecting sunlight.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join