It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does ATS Function Differently After the Recent Remodel?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
By now, most members have noticed the new 'home page' layout. When I first saw it, I thought I may like it after several days, but doubted I would like it as much as the previous layout.

I was wrong, I do like it better. There are less headers explaining what each seperate list of threads are. Instead of having several different categories, the threads have been color coded and presented in a way that is pretty easy to navigate.

I have heard that it looks good on the smaller devices with internet capabilities as well.

There is something I have noticed and, since I am pretty dull when it comes to internet set-up options and lap top set-up options, I am not sure if others are experiencing the same issue.

First, I want to let you know that I have not changed any settings on my laptop. I turn it on, use the internet, turn it off. Pretty basic, I don't change settings or adjust them either. This is why I am curious if the recent ATS remodel has effected the way my laptop displays ATS and the content here.

Since the time when I first began visiting ATS several years ago, whenever I click a link on the 'Home' page it would open in the same tab. After reading the thread, I could click the 'back' arrow next to the address box on the Internet Explorer 'Tool Bar'.

I never remember any of the links opening in new tabs, except maybe after a search or maybe going to profile view.

After clicking the desired thread link on the 'Search Results' page, I think the page would be opened in a new tab- but I am not 100% on that.

However, I do know the previous set-up allowed links from the 'Home Page', or within a particular forum's thread list screen, to open in the current tab as described above. Now when I click on a thread from the 'ATS Home Page' it always opens in a new tab.

Since I haven't tried opening links from all ATS pages under the new format, I can't be sure all the links open in new tabs.

Has anyone else noticed this change? If so, can you tell me how to correct it, so that the links open in the same tab?

If you haven't noticed this, but understand what I am describing and you know a solution to make new links open in the current tab, will you please tell me the steps to follow that will change the way links are opened?

It does suck, sometimes, when I forget the links are opening in new tabs and look up to see 7-8 new tabs opened,

Ok, thanks in advance for any information you can offer provide.

Ea

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
That would be browser settings normally.

Got to Tools, internet options, then look at Tabs, click settings.

Perhaps the webpage is modified to open up in new tabs those links, but I don't know for sure.

~Tenth

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

thanks tttp (ToTheTenthPower)

I thought that may be the problem, but nothing was out of place, I will give a brief description of the setting under the 'Tabs' sub-category page in the 'Internet Options' category;

'Enable Tabbed Browsing' - Check

'Warn Me when Closing Multiple Tabs' - Check

'Always Switch to new Tabs When They Are Created' - Check

'Show Previews for Individual Tabs in the Taskbar'

'Enable Quick Tabs' - NO

'Enable Tab Groups' - Check

'Open Each New Tab Next to the Current Tab' - Check

'Open Only the First Home Page When Internet Explorer Starts' - NO

'When a New Tab is Opened, Open:' A Blank Page

'When a Pop-Up is Encountered:' Let Internet Explorer Decide How Pop-Ups Should Open

'Open Links from Other Programs In:' A New Tab in Current Window

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Perhaps the webpage is modified to open up in new tabs those links, but I don't know for sure.

The links are made to open in a new page or tab.

top topics

join