It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TED Talk: Jane McGonigal: The game that can give you 10 extra years of life

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Your thread title says ten years. The body of your post says 7.5 years.

Not that it discounts anything in the vid, but Christ, you must be an auditor with the inconsistent sensational numbers in your title.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll

Originally posted by mee30
reply to post by doobydoll

It was a question hence the "serious question"... Also I said that I didn't believe you as that is what you would do IF you truly meant what you said... Clearly you do not mean it... If you did well then it's good to know that my fellow ats'ers can spread such negativity to everyone, you lovely people!

I said I don't want to be here a second longer than I have to, meaning when the Lord calls me. He decides when that will be, not me. Explain how that is spreading negativity?

So yes, I did truly mean what I said.
edit on 9-7-2012 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

At first I was with you, but then, after rereading your post, I concluded that he's actually right with what he questions.

You don't want to be here a second longer than you have to. You don't have to do anything
You don't HAVE to be here. If you honestly meant you don't want to be here a second longer than you have to, you would be long gone, as nothing is making you stay here, not even the fact that you are still breathing.

Not encouraging or advocating anything what so ever and I hope I'm not offending you, but he did have a point as to question your truthfulness.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by ThisIsNotReality

But I have to be here for as long as the Good Lord needs me here, I don't get to make the decision when it ends, He does. The only reason I am here now, and living this life, in this body, is because He decided it, not I.

If I didn't HAVE to be here, then I wouldn't have been put here in the first place. That's how I see it anyway.

Besides that, the love I have for my family keeps me here too, I HAVE to be here for them.

I meant what I said.
edit on 9-7-2012 by doobydoll because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mee30
reply to post by doobydoll

If you don't want to be here so much why not just check out early? Serious question... Basically I don't believe what you say else surely you would just end it now.

To the OP, thanks I'll check the video out now.

Great idea mee. I don't think the world needs miserable people either. If it were easier to die painlessly and without risking ending up a vegetable, then more people would, I'm sure.

In Sweden I believe (or Switzerland), there's a company that will give you a lethal dose if you meet certain medical requirements, usually being terminally ill or mentally incapacitated and suffering. It's expensive though. Around $13,000 and that isn't including airfare.

They used to use inert gas, though, and that is cheap and available everywhere. It is best to have an observer to ensure everything goes well. Basically, if you do it right, you'll go unconscious within a few minutes. If you do, then you did it right. If you don't, then you better look at your setup. That is the "fail safe" -- whether or not you are unconscious after a few minutes. You cannot remain conscious more than that if you are indeed breathing pure inert gas.

People like to 'hate on' people who 'want out,' but that is just selfish to make someone stay around in suffering just so you can lead an even happier life while someone else suffers. Would you make an animal suffer so you can see his or her eyes twinkle a little more? NO. So, if anyone objects to suicide, consider that. We treat animals better than people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join