It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time is going to "bounce" as we currently perceive it.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

Hah... well there you go! I had watched portions of that series before. I think he's right, and this might help us see what the real "shape" of time is in the dimension above, which is exactly what would be necessary to "traverse" the landscape and arrive at the correct location in time.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConfusion

Again...your statement of this being an analogy is logically flawed. Since Matter cannot exist in 2D, 3D, 4D...and so on...as it must have to our understanding at least 10 or 11 dimensional states...and even that is too low a number...there can be no true analogy in the form you describe. Sorry.
Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

11th dimensional objects create "shadows" in the 10th dimension. 10th dimensional objects create "shadows" in the 9th, etc. A tesseract depicted in 3D is the "shadow" of a 4D Hypercube. In reality all the dimensions are "one" thing, thus yes... in order for "matter" to exist it has to exist at all dimensions necessary.

That is a separate thing from the distorted perception of a higher dimensional shape from the dimension below.

The "shadow" effect from dimensions above to dimensions below isn't a mystery.
edit on 2012/7/12 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

The Shadow is simply directed Light being blocked by the spring. The Shadow does not mean that there is not other light present in the shadow area that is of a different wavelength such as Infra-Red. The point is that all dimensional states in our Universal Reality interact with each other.

The Quantum Particles that make up the Particles that are in an Atoms Nucleus...Protons and Neutrons...do not behave nor do they abide by our Universal Realities Physical Laws. Thus we have Quantum Mechanics.

The Quantum Particles...and Photons are a Quantum Particle...as well as the Quantum Particles which make up Protons and Neutrons of which some are...Quarks, Gluons, Leptons...etc...can Blink in and out of our Universal Realities Existence.

Others such as Electrons...are tied to the Number of Protons in a Nucleus and surround the Nucleus in orbits which have rules of numbers of electrons to be filled or able to take on or share Electrons with another element...thus is the basis for Chemical Reactions.

In all of this...these Quantum Particles which also act as both particle and waveform...seem tied to a much larger system than just our single Universal Reality. Alternate Divergent Universal Realities are Infinite in number and everything that can happen does happen.

So I would suggest looking at this in a much larger sense. Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

The Shadow is simply directed Light being blocked by the spring. The Shadow does not mean that there is not other light present in the shadow area that is of a different wavelength such as Infra-Red. The point is that all dimensional states in our Universal Reality interact with each other.

etc...

You write as if you don't understand the purpose of the story Flatland, and how it can be used to illuminate deficiencies in some of our *perceptions* that result in some people missing the bigger picture.

Most of us do not, at least consciously, *perceive* 11 dimensions... only 3 + passage of time. Therefore what we perceive are only the shadows of all of the activity going on above... all of the possibilities that can and do happen but are not actively perceived by the individual.

So I would suggest looking at this in a much larger sense. Split Infinity

Nowhere have I missed the picture you are trying to paint, nor were the concepts you are presenting lost on me when making the original post.

I think it's worth considering you are confusing this post, which is a tool for informing consciousness of alternative ways of perceiving, for a precision model of a reality.

Namaste.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

I am aware of Flatland and what you are trying to reference via analogy...I just cannot agree with your concepts of how dimensional states can be properly explained in this manner.
Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

You keep misunderstanding... I'm illustrating our distorted *perception* of the true reality you describe. This is entirely and totally about our limited perception and the sort of illusions it will create when observing only the shadows.

I will try one more time: Yes, there is only a spring and a light source. There is no "2D shadow", only the fully 3D (or 11D as you would prefer) reality manifesting itself fully.

However, a being is capable of observing *only* the shadow on the wall, and attempting to build a model and understanding of reality from *only* this shadow. This shadow, and the being, both exist in totality at all times... absolutely. They can however create a reduction of their perceptions and create a model based on only the "flattened" perspective... losing one dimension if you wish. Thus a person could attempt to construct a model of the universe that is entirely 2D if they were to only watch a single wall from a single perspective.

This thread is about demonstrating how to step up one's *perceptional* dimension as I do believe we are doing the equivalent of only watching the wall and trying to describe the spring accurately. It will inevitably lead to a distorted model/understanding until one moves the perspective up (and will continue to be distorted until one views all dimensions of all possibilities at once).

You are creating a debate where there is none.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoTheConfusion
You are creating a debate where there is none

that's part of the landscape around here. rise above it to a higher dimension

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by thruthseek3r

Talking about dimension I thought it would be interesting stuff.

Here is a cube or hexahedron (3 dimensional solid):

Here is a Tesseract (4 dimensionsal object):

Does not it looking like a cube inside another cube and liked to it?

Thruthseek3r

edit on 11-7-2012 by thruthseek3r because: (no reason given)

If you change that cube to a torus, one that the inside becomes the outside becomes the inside... that's EXACTLY what I was talking about. Really the same, just not a cube.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tadeusz
Drugs only distort the consciousness. A sober mind opens the door to the universe.

Not if they blow the doors of the Ego right off its hinges.

As Bill Hicks said, "My 3rd eye was squeegeed quite cleanly!"

And so, I cannot agree with this statement you made, though I will say that dependence upon any drug or any thing is clearly counter to being awake and aware.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Have you ever heard of Rob Bryanton?

He has a great series of videos "Imagining the 10th dimension" in his Youtube channel. Really worth a watch.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by fourthmeal

Yup! And I have to give credit to him for being one of the major stepping stones in my path to being better able to understand and visualize the implications of dimensionality and perceptions.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Etc. Exellent explanation and great thread, I've bee thinking along these lines, or curves should I say. This all ties into conciousness somehow. Energy. I tried to explain this as planetary movements here, www.abovetopsecret.com...
Sounded crazy as hell lol, thinking about this I began to question CERN in the S&T forum, bad move lol.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Now reading this thread has given me more understanding of what I've been trying to work out.
So, what happens when we reach that point where we still exsist? Will we smash into ourselves or will we be moved aside by a vibrational change?

S&F for you.

Wifi.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wifibrains
Etc. Exellent explanation and great thread, I've bee thinking along these lines, or curves should I say. This all ties into conciousness somehow. Energy. I tried to explain this as planetary movements here, www.abovetopsecret.com...
Sounded crazy as hell lol, thinking about this I began to question CERN in the S&T forum, bad move lol.
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Now reading this thread has given me more understanding of what I've been trying to work out.
So, what happens when we reach that point where we still exsist? Will we smash into ourselves or will we be moved aside by a vibrational change?

Huh... I actually see what you're going for in your threads, though I don't have anything additional to add to them.

As for what happens, well please keep in mind that despite the confidence of the thread title, this is still speculation based on observation.

That said... exploring the speculation: Nothing will happen except our need to change our perceptions and means of measuring time. In the example given we will continue to move smoothly around the 3D curve like we always have thus in "reality" nothing will change. However our perception will be that everything in the 2D "reality" we have become attached to will have flipped around (notice that the universe is stable, but all our social institutions seem to be going into meltdown... the universe is 3D, our social institutions are 2D... metaphorically speaking of course).

There are some metaphors that can be made based on where the "light" is positioned to cause the shadows, etc. So for example if the light is in the middle of the spiral and we are looking "outward" then what would happen is we would simply "cease to perceive the shadow of time" as we came around the curve (50% of the bars wouldn't be cast on the "wall" and thus would just be pure light). We'd have no "dark line" to fixate on and stay attached to, and thus would have nothing to do but "see the light".

These all carry philosophical/theological implications, but you can see how they would also carry simple mechanical ways of describing the mechanical observation of time/universe.

Thus why the Mayan calendar for example would be the "end of time", and we'd transition into a "golden age" out of "darkness". Meaning we cease following the distorted shadow of time, and just see time as it is and experience it as it is.

Yin/Yang. When we get to the other side, if we'll be able to go back to watching the shadow again and "go for a ride on the roller coaster of illusion" once more.

Namaste.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Hmm, kind of makes me think the galaxy isn't as flat as we perseive it to be.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Ergo I am curious I you in the UK?

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

OK....I can agree with most of that! LOL! You have to excuse my impatience in a persons analogy describing abilities...not that I believe you have this issue but I believe I have been...like Pavlov's Dog...trained to be suspicious of any analogies given or used for any purpose of either describing or describing how they are not describing Multiversal Realities.

I have have had very FEW conversations about this topic that have not make me Frown and Sigh. I have had a very few conversations that I have enjoyed very much...but these are few and in between on this sort of topic or understanding. I think you know what I mean.

I am not trying to sound snobbish but sometimes I get testy when it comes to people...and I am NOT referring to you...talking about concepts to which they have NO IDEA or even the slightest LINE OF LOGIC to use as a reference.

I think you will find this funny...I went to the grocery store and bought a few things and handed the girl at the checkout a $50 Bill. She punched in change for $100 and gave me $50 too much back. I said..."Excuse me but I think you made a mistake." She looked at me with venom in her eyes and said..."You gave me a Fifty...and that is your change! The register doesn't make mistakes and I am not going to be coned by some Math Scam!" I was taken aback and said..." No...you don't understand I gave...." She interjected LOUDLY and said..."YOUR CHANGE IS $7.58! Now GET OUT OF HERE BEFORE I CALL THE COPS!"

I smiled and said..."OK...your loss." Now I have Celebrity Status and could send a P.A. to do things like this but I like to do my own shopping so I walked towards the door and waved to the Store Manager who was standing at the Customer Service Counter...which is right next to the automatic entry and exit doors. The Manager knows me as I run several charities of which she helped get some Candy Donated for Gift Bags for kids who participated in this Multi-Business Participating Charity of which I am the Founder and Chairman.

As I got closer to her...I said her name and hello and the words..."You will be calling me!"...as she has my cell number because of the charity work. She looked at me puzzled but was dealing with another customer so she watched me leave.

Two hours later I received a call by her as the teller told her she was $50 short in her register and the Manager put 2 and 2 together and gave me a ring. I said..."I will be more than happy to return the money if SHE...the TELLER...drove to my Company where I was and apologized." Rather than drive 5 minutes away and say sorry...the TELLER QUIT!

Time went by and when I saw the Manager again...she told me not to worry about the $50. She told me to keep it as they had reduced the Tellers Final Paycheck by that amount! We had a Good Laugh and I STILL CANNOT BELIEVE that a person would rather quit their job and loose $50...rather than drive 5 minutes and say...Sorry.

Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Wifibrains

Agreed. At least not the sort of "flat" we are used to.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

Nope, though I do enjoy passing through there when I get the chance!

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SplitInfinity

Time went by and when I saw the Manager again...she told me not to worry about the $50. She told me to keep it as they had reduced the Tellers Final Paycheck by that amount! We had a Good Laugh and I STILL CANNOT BELIEVE that a person would rather quit their job and loose $50...rather than drive 5 minutes and say...Sorry.

Haha... ok that's a pretty fantastic story.

And I would rather have my perspectives challenged to express them more clearly or alter them... than always agreed with... so thank you.

edit on 2012/7/19 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join