It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time is going to "bounce" as we currently perceive it.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
*round of applause*

OP! If you came up with this anology yourself.. wow
Truely an amazing metaphor or expression of how average human minds perceive this realm of existence. This way of forcing the blunt human mind to think and perceive is very thought-provoking and mind opening.

This 'model' of percieving existence in the the third dimensional realm is exactly how most spiritual beings do. Do not think you are a cast of the creation (shadow of the spiral), rather you are One with the creation (the 3D spiral) itself. All it takes is eliminating the closed-rational mind of your own, and expanding it to your consciousness.
If you can look at things like this; your mind is accustomed to the Spiral's shadow (lower perception of reality)..and your consciousness is accustomed to the entire creation you are One with.

Being in the mind is a lost art of human kind... we have become forgetful of our true nature and our true selves. WE are conscious beings interconnected through the cosmos (creation), upon incarnation we are introduced to the mind (shadow) .. the goal is not to get lost in the mind and remember what you are and where you came from..
The goal of the system or society you are born into is quite the opposite.. cause you to forget your true nature (conscious being interconnected with creation) and dumb and numb you down until you think in terms of rationality and get lost in the mind (shadow) ...

Great post and anology once again, Star and Flag for you my friend

~ Love is an art

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
and keep this bumped, your insight is quantum, and I follow your line of reasoning naturally, excellent description for all to follow.

Not for your armchair philosopher however. *Star & Flag On it's way.*

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConfusion

NEVER MIND SORRY I BOTHERED YOU WITH MY PIDDLY QUESTIONS
edit on 10-7-2012 by tluna1 because: people just dont want to help

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by fourthmeal
Awesome post. I was thinking of this in a similar way that the solar system spirals around in the galaxy, something Nassim Haramein talks about this a lot

www.youtube.com...

And it pretty much is a holographic representation of time itself, in my view.

I believe the spiral is the 3D, and torus is the 4D representation. In a torus, the inside becomes the outside becomes the inside endlessly, and a spiral is the nature of it but curved upon itself. I think this is the secret.

edit: I mean the double torus.

Glad you enjoyed it!

Agreed that the Torus shape is able to represent the movement very well... and in fact the Torus is probably what "informs" the spiral in the same way the "spiral" informs the shadow. It's also able to just be viewed as a simple ping pong rather than a zig zag depending on how the 3D object is setup relative to the light creating the shadow, etc.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ImaFungi
I was thinking about today,,,, how light allows us to see the external world,,, and how strange it is the properties of light to soak up all the information of the external world and enter it into our eye,,, it is a projection into our minds,,, and from our minds we project it outwards to see everything thats around us,,,,, pretty crazy,.,.

Consciousness is the equivalent to having a flashlight in a cave. You still can't see everything and the shadows still might trick you, but it's a lot easier to get around.

I've often run around and through the idea that light doesn't actually move to us, our awareness moves into it. It works but I haven't been able to condense it down into something that can easily be visualized.
edit on 2012/7/10 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheJourney
Great thread! Explains and connects various concepts and ideas about the time period we are entering very well. And for those who may be confused, if any, and assuming I am not misunderstanding, the basic idea in terms of the dimension is that a dimensional representation is like a shadow of a higher dimension. So the two-dimensional shadow of the three-dimensional object only can partially represent it, and is very incomplete. The three-dimensional spiral has much more to it than can be modeled in 2-D. This would be the case with every dimensional jump, though. So 3-D experiences in reality are just like that, shadow-models of a 4th-dimensional 'object' or reality. This time period, then, represents the point where the representation of the higher-dimension comes to essentially a standstill, and is really nothing unless seen from the higher vantage point of the 4th-dimension, and this is the singularity.

Exactly! It also makes sense how... if information were able to be given by those who saw in 3D to those who saw in 2D... that they could make general predictions and descriptions of what to expect even if they couldn't give perfect specifics because those locked in 2D would still be able to affect things as the progression around the spiral went on.

So likewise... as we're staring intently at the world around us... seeing it "run up against the end of the line"... in truth nothing dramatic will happen except the shattering of our illusions and a need to recalibrate. Those things may cause dramatic things but the true underlying physical structure creating our "shadow" is theoretically still stable (provided it isn't itself collapsing or "broken" or any other fun hypotheticals that could be explored).

Some will recalibrate to the "new shadow" direction and continue to "follow the shadow" or "the darkness". Others will "turn to see the light" and will be capable of seeing the spiral for what it is and begin exploring the room around them.

That's what these metaphors are for... good and evil are valid aspects of course, but it's about whether we'll be able to "turn away from the shadow" when the "bounce" happens and be ready to return to our more true "perspective". Of course only to then immediately begin speculating on what it must be like above *that* dimension!

Namaste.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DiDiCootiepie
bounce like a head? or like a ball?

Originally posted by fourthmeal
He's saying we're going through a "curve", as perceived in 2D against the 3D spiral. But in reality it is nothing more than an illusion of a curve.

Spot on.

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I had just been thinking lately how.... we all are spiraling and don't realize it...
our solar system is spinning threw the galaxy...
our planet is spinning around the sun... our planet is spinning itself...thats 3 spirals ... you can make it 4 if you spinn in place... Thoughts? 3 spirals... and we are in the 3rd dimention...

edit on 10-7-2012 by Firethefed because: typo

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by matthewgraybeal
Time is a River, and you are a Bridge, from which to observe it. Sometimes, you can dip your hand in the river, but rarely can you redirect more than your hand can displace.

But what if we could "collapse" our consciousness into a shadow of time, see ourselves stepping from one line to another as they cross in the shadow even if they won't cross in "reality"... and then expand our consciousness back "out" into 3D in the new line. Perhaps that is the bridge through which time travel/teleportation can be accomplished? By finding points where the shadows cross and "compressing" down a dimension, navigating the shadow (such as navigating 3D relative to 2D) then "decompressing" back up a dimension.

Originally posted by craybiez
reply to post by fourthmeal

surely you would feel the force of a spiral as you travel in 3d whilst your shadow would seem like your bouncing. what's the fourth dimension contain is it the awareness of time I like the idea that all dimensions exist relative to the observer and are one and all anyway and time is movement in space measured.

I presented a couple of examples in the original post that may be "side effects" of this very situation, and that in fact there probably are ways we can measure our movement along the spiral. But remember, it's possible this movement is perfectly constant and thus would be difficult to detect as anything but just "fundamental aspect of reality". For example... that may be *exactly* what the Cosmological Constant is... a measurement of the curve of the spiral of time. From the 2D projection it doesn't make any sense and is just "there" but from the 3D spiral it is a simple and elegant piece of information.

Namaste.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConfusion

So we are in 2D ?

And what we really are is in 3D ?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Khurzon
Excellent!!!

Very good observations here... Trust your intuitive meta insights, especially when your mind is in hot pursuit of core truths...

And how can we understand these fourth dimensional things?
How can we break our eyes away from the shadows?

I think the key is an intuitive and questioning mind that can perceive "new" or "other" concepts such as described in the cave...

Thanks... and your thoughts were greatly appreciated too!

I was trying to tangibly visualize a tesseract today, and I locked into viewing it as the "space of possibilities of the box along one line of measurement". Meaning that the 3D object we hold that is the shadow of the 4D hypercube is the "shadow of the possibilities". The 5D representation in 3D is the shadow of the possibilities along a plane of possibilities, and the 6D representation in 3D is the shadow of the possibilities in the entire "space" of possibilities. Those other 3 dimensions are the time-space equivalent "volume" of "possibilities". So like how an electron's "probability" range creates a "shape" in space... so too do things create shapes in time.

Originally posted by Hope4peace
Wow! Great post...it really helped open my mind even more and you explain your ideas very well.
Thanks for sharing

Thanks! I can't count how many people have posted or written things that suddenly made me go "oh!", so I'm glad to give back even a little.

Originally posted by LoveisanArt
*round of applause*

OP! If you came up with this anology yourself.. wow
Truely an amazing metaphor or expression of how average human minds perceive this realm of existence. This way of forcing the blunt human mind to think and perceive is very thought-provoking and mind opening.

Great post and anology once again, Star and Flag for you my friend

Danke! Glad you got it and can also see so much more of the more "life" related aspects that come with these perceptions. I think we're actually in a good spot overall though... most people just need the right nudge to finally look away from the wall. And in particular they only need to feel like it's ok if they try it and won't be judged.

As for coming up with it myself... if I've seen anything at all it's via the shoulders of giants. Or something like that.

Originally posted by matthewgraybeal
and keep this bumped, your insight is quantum, and I follow your line of reasoning naturally, excellent description for all to follow.

Not for your armchair philosopher however. *Star & Flag On it's way.*

Thank you very much! I infer that you are able to see the much larger iceberg hidden below the OP.

Namaste!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by bottleslingguy
the people who tricked those guys in the cave are total a-holes.

are you implying there are people manipulating our reality or are you saying that's just how reality is?

There are a lot of ways to look at it, and I'm not personally going to imply I know the true motives of anyone, even myself to be honest.

That said: If a being weren't ready to handle 3D, but could be *taught* about it via 2D projections and eventually eased into it, then the Plato's Cave situation is a painful but very effective means of learning and increasing the consciousness of someone. I personally think that's what we're doing... in a way we hypnotized ourselves and are sorta taking an "evolutionary" shortcut through "time" due to the way viewing the shadow affects our behavior.

For example: For 1 unit of movement in 2D, we'd actually move say 20, then 30, then 80, then 200, 1000, etc units... it'd create a kind of hyper "growth" and "overworked" nature to ourselves, but would allow us to go much farther than we naturally would. Kind of like a soldier on the battlefield who does a painful procedure in order to be able to overcome something and survive.

Or we very well might be trapped. Can't know till we somehow figure out how to stop watching the shadow.

Namaste.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by tluna1
this seems the place to ask this as the people that are posting seem knowledgabe in time/space theorys.

3 cars a minute apart. I am in the middle car. there is a tree 2 minuets down the road. the first car passes the tree. he is now in my furture, i am in his past and the person behind me is in my past but thier future. When i get to the tree the first car is 1 minute in the future i'm in my present and the car behind me is in my past. Does time work this way? I know time is relative and all but if the first car reached the tree, then a minute later i reach the tree am i not in his past since he already passed the tree? and i'm in the person behind me's future because they have not reached the tree? sorry if this is confusing i am not sure how to explain it.

There isn't any "past" or "future". There is only now. There are just different possible "configurations" of "now".

So in your example... there is a "now" where your friend is at the tree, you are X units away from the tree relative to the friend where you can also state that IF you were to move Y units in Z minutes it would take 2 "minutes" to reach the tree. There is also a "now" where YOU are at the tree, and your friend is X units away from the tree relative to you, etc. These are like frames of a movie.

You aren't someone else's past or future, we are all one big "now"... that is constantly changing. And the things we call "past" and "future" are our best projections backward and forward based on our "NOW" information.

For example: Today a son believes their father died in a car wreck. They project an entire "past" based on this information. Later they find out that their father died of a drug overdose to escape his son. The entire "past" is now "gone" and replaced by a new one... but it too is malleable. There is true change, but the only thing that actually exists is what is here right now. Everything else is just a projection of imagination.

Namaste.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firethefed
I had just been thinking lately how.... we all are spiraling and don't realize it...
our solar system is spinning threw the galaxy...
our planet is spinning around the sun... our planet is spinning itself...thats 3 spirals ... you can make it 4 if you spinn in place... Thoughts? 3 spirals... and we are in the 3rd dimention...

It would seem logical that we're spiraling through "time" then, aye?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by LucidDreamer85
So we are in 2D ?

And what we really are is in 3D ?

Well it's easier to shift ourselves into the 2D vantage point when making the metaphor, so that we can then visualize moving from 2D to 3D. Then the hope is a person will look at the 3D world and as best they can, visualize moving from 3D to 4D.

What we really are is no-D. We really are everything and nothing all at once, but that's not very useful. The first useful representation of us is 0D... a single point of awareness. However that gets boring very quickly, so we then become 2 points of awareness and the "concept" of 1D "lines" are possible. That too gets boring so a third point of awareness (aka reference point) is created and 2D planes are possible. Up and up and up.

"We" are all of these points of awareness, all points of reference. We built ourself from the bottom up, even though it's also a top down construction if you really see it. Now the we you are referring to here is the human point of reference... which... to now stop being so pedantic (sorry, heh)... is a 3D spacial and 1 dimensional temporal but even worse, only one direction of motion along that 1 dimension, so it's not more than a point in reality ("now"). We are "locked" into one position in time and aren't allowed/able to move, though we are able to move through space. This is similar to the "3D beings" who are "locked" into the 2D shadow of the spiral. They can only move "up" and "down" in their understanding, and will be incapable of doing anything about their forward/backward position and be at the mercy of it.

Namaste.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Another thing that's been stated in the book The Law of One.
(Summary: Ra states that the planet is currently undergoing a transition from third density to fourth density, and because of the negative orientation of many on this planet, the transition is not going smoothly and the planet expresses this difficulty.)

www.lawofone.info...

13.22 Questioner: What is the density level of our planet Earth at this time?

Ra: I am Ra. The sphere upon which you dwell is third density in its beingness of mind/body/spirit complexes. It is now in a space/time continuum, fourth density. This is causing a somewhat difficult harvest.

13.23 Questioner: How does a third-density planet become a fourth density planet?

Ra: I am Ra. This will be the last full question.

The fourth density is, as we have said, as regularized in its approach as the striking of a clock upon the hour. The space/time of your solar system has enabled this planetary sphere to spiral into space/time of a different vibrational configuration. This causes the planetary sphere to be able to be molded by these new distortions. However, the thought-forms of your people during this transition period are such that the mind/body/spirit complexes of both individual and societies are scattered throughout the spectrum instead of becoming able to grasp the needle, shall we say, and point the compass in one direction.

Thus, the entry into the vibration of love, sometimes called by your people the vibration of understanding, is not effective with the present societal complex. Thus, the harvest shall be such that many will repeat the third-density cycle. The energies of your Wanderers, your teachers, and your adepts at this time are all bent upon increasing the harvest. However, there are few to harvest.

40.8 Questioner: Then what will be the time of transition on this planet from third to fourth-density?

Ra: I am Ra. This is difficult to estimate due to the uncharacteristic anomalies of this transition. There are at this space/time nexus beings incarnate which have begun fourth-density work. However, the third-density climate of planetary consciousness is retarding the process. At this particular nexus the possibility/probability vortices indicate somewhere between 100 and 700 of your years as transition period. This cannot be accurate due to the volatility of your peoples at this space/time.

63.20 Questioner: Now as this transition continues into fourth-density activation, in order to inhabit this fourth-density sphere it will be necessary for all third-density physical bodies to go through the process which we refer to as death. Is this correct?

Ra: I am Ra. This is correct.

So many things in this book are congruent with things that end up happening or being true. It's really a gift that more people should read.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I'm thinking about when for example: ... your spinning in a chair.. you pull your arms and legs in and
you spinn faster... your movment of mass towards center changes your rotation rate..

but think of it as a spiral.... a larger object has a larger slower spiral.... the more the mass of that
object moves to center... the faster and tighter the spiral gets... or does the speed change?

My head is starting to spin... thinking about this... Im thinking the speed does not change at all..or lets
call it linear travel... the tighter spiral is traveling threw space at the same rate and its covering the same
amount of ground as the larger spiral... lets also think of it as a track... like track and field... in the olympics
when the race starts the inside lane of the track starts further back then the runners on the outside of the track ...otherwise the race would not be fair ...inside lane equals tighter spiral... outside lane equals larger spiral
if the runners run at the same speed.. they will both reach the finish line at the same time....

Im thinking the same thing... but... they didn't start at the same spot of the track.. and this is because the track is 2 dimentional.. a 3D spiral the runners could start from the same spot... travel the same speed and reach the same finish "line" at the same time... even though they traveled totaly different spiral paths..... there linear travel is exactly the same...

The starting point is the only point that there paths will ever touch.. in 3d ...

where am i going with all this.... not sure... but this Spiral Space Time Continuum thing has me very intrigued..

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Hmmm. This reminds me of Earth Final Conflict. Where the aliens language moves in three dimensions. It always seemed to me that people with dyslexia would have an advantage in a three dimensional language model. Their brains already work that way.

Interesting idea.

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Drugs only distort the consciousness. A sober mind opens the door to the universe.

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Excellent thread! Thank you Ergo!
You explain it very well and your thread has helped me grasp some elusive straws I've been trying to snatch. Thank you.
I dreamed about torus shapes the other day- guess my subconcious has been puzzling through stuff-lol.
edit on 11-7-2012 by Starcrossd because: spllng

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join