It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Story About Nobody...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
You might be asking yourself who "nobody" is and why you're reading a story about someone who, according to the word, doesn't even exist. But I promise you...by the end of this, that will be the most easily answered question. Believe it or not, this story really isn't that hard to read, although I'd be lying if I said it doesn't stretch your comprehensive reading skills. At worst, it's horrifically confusing. At best, it'll be the most thoughtful and inspiring piece you've read today. Anyway...on to the story!

There were four men living in a house. Their names were Everybody, Anybody, Nobody, and Somebody. One day, Somebody won the lottery. "Yay!" said Everybody. Nobody had an idea what to do with it, so Everybody threw an outrageous party. Somebody sent out invitations, and it was a rave like Nobody would have believed. See, Nobody knew how to party. But Somebody said. "Whoa, this party is getting out of control." Everybody turned and said, "Naw, it's fine." Then Somebody's friend said, "I think it's time to call it quits." Everybody turned and said, "It'll be fine." Shortly after, the cops showed up. Everybody said it was Somebody who called them, but Nobody said, "It could have been Anybody." Needless to say, Everybody went to jail, Somebody went to rehab, and Nobody got away. Years later, Everybody was still mad at Somebody, and Nobody knew the real reason why: it's easier for Everybody to be mad at Somebody when Nobody did what Anyone could have done.

If you've made it this far, I commend you...and reward you with a single, simple question: What was it that Nobody did? If you can answer this question, then you truly understand this story. It's fun, it's somewhat pointless, and you managed to grow some "brussels" (brain muscles). I've seen more pointless threads, so why not have some fun?

Happy thinking!

edit on 9-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Somebody won the lottery and Nobody had an idea what to do with it.

Somebody went to rehab and Nobody got away with it.

Maybe Nobody planned everything including the party + calling the cops when the party got crazy (thanks to him ''knowing'' how to party) and getting the money that Somebody won from the lottery, but that means Somebody should have already gotten the money.

Didn't understand anything, sorry.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Max77769

The trick to the story is this: I've taken words that are very vague (Everybody, Somebody, etc.) and used them as names so that when you're thinking the names, you're substituting them with definitions to the actual words instead. This tends to throw some people off; hence, the "comprehensive reading".

The last line is the actual punchline: Nobody called the cops. Again, think of it as a name instead of a word with a definition. So Everybody was mad was Somebody, because Nobody did what Anyone could have done. i.e. the responsible thing.

It's comprehensive reading material using a riddle incorporating word play, with a moral or two tossed in to make it memorable. Thanks for playing.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

There were four men living in a house. Their names were Everybody, Anybody, Nobody, and Somebody.

Years later, Everybody was still mad at Somebody, and Nobody knew the real reason why: it's easier for Everybody to be mad at Somebody when Nobody did what Anyone could have done.

What was it that Nobody did?

Happy thinking!

shouldn't that last part be...

Nobody did what ANYBODY could have done.

I think - Nobody got away. (and probably with the money if there was any left)

top topics

join