It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fixing healthcare,welfare,medicaid,social security,terrorism,medicare,economy,education,etc

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
The same issues have been around for numerous decades with both parties in full control. Time to try something new. Perhaps Washington isn't making the best decision for the tax payers because that is not who they are worried about pleasing.

We need to give Washington incentives to fix our problems. Washington gets your tax dollars no matter what , so their only motivation and incentive is to please the lobbyist and special interests groups for their Money. In just about every issue that the tax payer is unhappy with (healthcare,welfare,medicaid,social security,terrorism,medicare,economy,education,etc) there is a large lobbyist on the receiving end of our tax dollars.

1. First thing that needs to be done is to wake up all the sheeples that believe on the lesser evil (Democrats and Republicans).

2. Once everyone realizes that our gov't is for hire (to the highest bidders, typically lobbyist and special interests groups) then we can focus on the REAL problem (corruption in Washington) and not the symptoms (healthcare,welfare,medicaid,social security,terrorism,medicare,economy,etc ).

The problem is that our Politicians are blinded by monetary influences and are REQUIRED to accept the money in order to survive. The decision made in Washington are not made with the intention of fixing the problems for the tax payers, rather with the intention of making more money for the lobbyist and the special interest groups. That is why the tax payers always gets the bills and the lobbyist always wins because they use our money to buy their products and services.

3. Fix the problem:

a. Both Republicans and Democrats MUST demand that the GOP and the DNC stop talking about the symptoms and stop trying to fix the symptoms: (healthcare,welfare,medicaid,social security,terrorism,medicare,economy,etc).

Both parties have had full control of congress and the presidency and none of those problems that have existed for numerous decades have been addressed.

b. Both Republicans and Democrats MUST demand that the GOP and the DNC work together to address the real problem. I can't think of a better issue for the GOP and the DNC to work together on than stopping the amount of monetary influences being thrown at Washington officials.

To get it started here are some possible things that might help minimize the monetary influences in Washington:

1. Use tax payers money to give bonuses for every member in congress that is involved with the legislation that solves or gets one of the following issues under control (healthcare,immigration,welfare,medicaid,social security,terrorism,medicare,economy,debt,education,etc)

2. Use tax payers money to give bonuses for every member in congress that is involved with the legislation that reduces tax payers money.

3. Make it illegal and enforce the law for insider trading in Washington.

4. Term limits for congress.

5. only tax payers money can be used to campaign and run for elections.

6. Only gov't run media sources (tv,radio,internet) can be used to publish the candidates views. Each candidate will have their own webpage and given equal time to state their views and opinions on radio and tv.

7. Candidates can not solicite advertising, nor be guest speakers on any of the MSM sources unless all of them get equal and time equal questions.

8. The #1 issue to be addressed in washington will be determined by e voting versus monetary influences with auditing capabilities. Mobile and Public voting stations can be setup at gov't facilities: schools,libraries,police stations,internet,etc..

9. Weekly/ monthly address by the president and congress on update on the the #1 issue.

10. Bonuses based on the publics approval on how well Washington is doing.

11. All gov't officials meeting with private contracters must be open and televised.

12. All gov't officials and immediate family must not own any stocks while serving or after serving. Tax payers will pick up the compensation and pay front a hefty salary.

13. All gov't officials must use the services they legislate: healthcare,education,etc.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I understand where you're coming from, but what you're advocating is basically fixing the engines on the Titanic.

It's too late, in my opinion. The time to change directions has come and gone. We've already struck the iceberg.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Its definitely to late for this upcoming election, but as long as people wake up its never to late and I'm not much for giving up or losing hope. Although , I agree the chances of the sheeples waking up is slim, but over time who knows?

The bottom line is those issues will never be fixed because we are treating the symptoms and not the problem.

edit on 9-7-2012 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
There is no single right answer to any of those problems. Solutions come with positives and negatives. Each person has different opinions on the issues and are influenced by many different factors.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by interupt42

Use tax payers money to give bonuses

Most of them are already rich. Do they really need a BONUS to do the job we elected them for?

I agree with what your saying needs fixing, but the biggest question is if Americans are ready to make sacrifices to ween themselves off government dependency.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I agree that they are all millionaires. However, I have met lots of millionaires and never found one that didn't like more money.

You bring up a great point about society being able to take care of themselves without government dependence.

However, we got to start fixing the core of this country that is rotten.

I started this thread because of a comment and a question posted on another thread which basically said " Its easy to point out the issues but what are the solutions".

IMO we can't fix anything as long as our decision makers are following the money from lobbyist and special interests groups.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jjkenobi

true , but right now the only motivation for Washington is to please the lobbyist and special interest groups in order to acquire the millions it takes to stay in power , run elections, monetary perks, and insider trading tips.

What is the downfall for lobbyist , special interests groups and politicians when they use our money to buy the lobbyist products and services. The more money our gov't wastes the more money goes to buy product and services from the lobbyist. The more money we give to our gov't and the more we depend on them the more power they have. Its a Win Win for both gov't and special interests groups to waste our money. Whats the downfall we switch from a democrat controlled administration to a republican controlled administration? Like , they haven't thought of that and covered the party switch by giving billions to both sides.

How would the lobbyist and special interest groups benefit, if tomorrow we stopped wasting money that goes towards their products and services?

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Replying here after your reference from the Q thread...

Nothing you're proposing below is really new, some are ok, and one at least is completely non-viable.

I'll respond in-line to each...

originally posted by: interupt42
To get it started here are some possible things that might help minimize the monetary influences in Washington:

1. Use tax payers money to give bonuses for every member in congress that is involved with the legislation that solves or gets one of the following issues under control (healthcare,immigration,welfare,medicaid,social security,terrorism,medicare,economy,debt,education,etc)

2. Use tax payers money to give bonuses for every member in congress that is involved with the legislation that reduces tax payers money.

Really? Your first two proposed solutions are to give bonuses to members of congress for ... oh, nevermind, if you actually can put that in writing, I don't imagine you're capable of seeing the absolute insanity/absurdity of such a suggestion...

3. Make it illegal and enforce the law for insider trading in Washington.

So... you are unaware that it is already illegal (STOCK Act of 2012), and supposedly was already illegal even before that Act was passed?

The problem isn't a lack of laws. The problem is the two tiered Justice System - Justice for us, 'Just Us' for them.

4. Term limits for congress.

Yeah, wake me up when you get them to vote for that. And I'm actually against it, because we'd have never had 24 years of Ron Paul with term limits.

5. only tax payers money can be used to campaign and run for elections.

This is a very weak and badly worded version of part one of a two-part change I'm in favor of - first part dealing with campaign finance, second part dealing with pay/compensation for congressional members - that I actually believe could remedy the problem. I've been meaning to start a thread about it, maybe I will now...

6. Only gov't run media sources (tv,radio,internet) can be used to publish the candidates views. Each candidate will have their own webpage and given equal time to state their views and opinions on radio and tv.

So, all political campaign ads are limited only to PBS? I'm ok with that, but please tell me how that solves anything?

7. Candidates can not solicite advertising, nor be guest speakers on any of the MSM sources unless all of them get equal and time equal questions.

You want to bring back the fairness doctrine but only with respect to political ads? Right... how long do you think before it gets applied to private people and their opinions?

8. The #1 issue to be addressed in washington will be determined by e voting versus monetary influences with auditing capabilities. Mobile and Public voting stations can be setup at gov't facilities: schools,libraries,police stations,internet,etc..

I absolutely agree that the #1 issue right now is fixing the broken/compromised Elections process for Federal Elections, and it needs to be fixed before any other suggestions you or I have could even be attempted.

But your suggestion for fixing it is to actually make it easier for people to commit voter fraud?

Please... we need to go back to paper ballots, 100%, with Voter ID, signature verification, and strict additional security requirements for all absentee ballots - ie, ballots only sent to those requesting them in person after having their Voter ID verified, full signature verification on all ballots sent in by mail or dropped off only at approved fully monitored/controlled ballot drop off points, and during the counting process, fully verified on live video streams that clearly show the signatures and the votes (not the voter), and said video streams are fully recorded for post election verification purposes, etc etc

9. Weekly/ monthly address by the president and congress on update on the the #1 issue.

#1 issue according to ... who? Joe Biden? Jen Psaki? Rotflmao!

10. Bonuses based on the publics approval on how well Washington is doing.

More bonuses to members of congress for ... nevermind (again)...

11. All gov't officials meeting with private contracters must be open and televised.

Ok, I like this one, but again, badly worded... how about:

"All negotiations for all government contracts awarded to private contractors must be fully recorded with video and audio in their entirety, published on a public facing website, complete with a description of the purpose of the contract, a link to a full, complete and unredacted scanned copy of the contract that was agreed to complete with signatures, and finally, with links to all of the recordings of all of the negotiations. Any contract that is discovered to have any secret/unrecorded negotiations and/or terms that are not disclosed, is void, and any payments made to private Contractors for any contract found void for this reason must be returned to the public treasury by said Contractor within 10 days of said discovery."

Something like that.

12. All gov't officials and immediate family must not own any stocks while serving or after serving. Tax payers will pick up the compensation and pay front a hefty salary.

Ummm... really? Do you not see the absurdity of this suggestion? You can't force someone to completely sell off all of their (much less their entire family's) personal investments or businesses in order to serve, that is just plain ridiculous on its face.

13. All gov't officials must use the services they legislate: healthcare,education,etc.

Finally, one that makes sense - but again, it is worded badly. How about:

"a) Congress can make no law of general applicability that does not also apply to them in their personal and professional capacity, and
b) Congress can make no law providing unique or special services or benefits to themselves that are not also availsble to Citizens in general."

That said, good luck getting Congress to limit itself on something like this.

posted on Feb, 21 2021 @ 08:59 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 21 2021 @ 09:23 PM
link   
In the 1960's Illinois built highways with toll booths on them. They got public support for this by promising that when the construction bonds to build the highways were paid for the toll booths would come down. Well guess what happened? Thats right, the toll booths stayed up. They got public support for keeping them by saying the extra money would be used to repair our roads and support public schools.

In the 1970's it was gas taxes, property taxes, income taxes, etc. They got public support for all that by promising that the extra money would be used to repair our roads and support public schools.

In the 1980's we got a lottery. We were told the extra money would be used to repair our roads and support public schools.

In the 1990's and 2000's it was more and more taxes, license fees, registration fees, etc. We were told the extra money would be used to repair our roads and support public schools.

In the 2010's it was property taxes again, big time. Of course, the extra money would be used to repair our roads and support public schools.

Now we have marijuana, a rich new revenue source. And once again we were promised that the extra money would repair our roads and support public schools.

We have some of the worst roads in the entire country and our public schools, the ones that are still open, are an embarrassment.

Today, with money from toll booths, the lottery, decades of taxes and fees, and marijuana sales, our roads are still crap and our schools are either closed or cesspools full of illiterate thugs.

It doesn't matter what the people want or need. Our governor took all the toilets out of ONE of his mansions so he could pay the equivalent of undeveloped property taxes on it since there was no "livable structure" built on the property. If one of us regular people did that we would lose our home and end up in jail for tax evasion.

So yeah, lets fix this country...

new topics

top topics

join