It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bottles with Feelings

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
We all have our own bar full of bottles with feelings.

shutterstock.com

The content of these bottles is extremely varied,a bottle with Love ,one with Hate another one with Joy or Happiness ,Sorrow,sadness...so on.

We drink from these bottles every day.From the bottle with Love from the bottle with joy,fom the bottle with sadness,...from all of them in a life time.

Some of these bottles are full some of them half some of them are empty,but the bartender is careful to fill them all the time.

Sometimes we mix these drinks getting many cocktails.

Love with Hate,Joy with Happiness,Sorrow with sadness...so many types of cocktails we can get!

The only question is who is the bartender.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondoftheworld

According to Billy Joel his name is John.

"Now John at the bar is a friend of mine
He gets me my drinks for free"

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Who is the bartender of the non-existant drinks, bottles, glasses, bar, and bartender scenario where they have nothing but a few feelings on tap? The answer is fairly easy.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrimsonMoon

According to Billy Joel his name is John.

"Now John at the bar is a friend of mine
He gets me my drinks for free"

"And they're sharing a drink they call loneliness,
but it's better than drinking alone!"

This is just a repackaging of "life is like a box of chocolates," no?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
So far only a few bartenders.I wonder from which bottle we will still be served.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Good analogy, but slightly inaccurate I believe as feelings are the outcome of thoughts. When I think of this lovely analogy, I think that bottles should reflects our thoughts and the main problem is not which bottles are we mixing, but which bottles are we addicted to, in terms of what are we drinking mindlessly so often and which bottles should we stop drinking.

I think when it comes to that, all bottles (just like all thoughts and feelings) are causing us misery eventually. It might be enjoyable for the short term, but for the long term it may bring us misery and pain. Good thing is just to get rid of all bottles, then we are giving up our illusion and left with this moment and all there is, which is the only thing which is real.

S&F for the thoughtful analogy.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Shuye

It might be enjoyable for the short term, but for the long term it may bring us misery and pain. Good thing is just to get rid of all bottles,
Thank you for your good thoughts ,you see I wish to do that but we cannot live without these bottles,maybe for short time period yes, but for a long time period...

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Anyone can be made bartender, but by doing so the customer becomes a slave to the bartender who can easily take advantage of the customer. Everyone puts themselves first so whatever drink you'll have is not in your interest but the others.

Emotions are just something nature made up because it saves time. Instead of the person carefully weighing whatever is heard based on knowledge gained in the past the brain calculates it all in a few seconds, possibly creating multiple scenario's of the outcome of the subject and let the person know this outcome by either a positive or negative feeling, causing the person to make a judgement of whatever subject it is dealing with.
edit on 9/7/2012 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Emotions are the result of actions of others on us,many of them...unseen.

top topics

join