It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will The Human Race Mature?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Will the human race mature?

thats quite a good way of putting it,i think it just boils down to us all putting aside our differences and realising that violence and inflicting pain on others is wrong (well in my eyes anyway) dont get me wrong ive been in a few scraps through life and used violence myself but it was the only way out at the time,survival if you like.
The problem will always be that your "hard line" religious nutters and cultists believe divine heavenley entities have instructed them to wage "Jahad" (holy war) on others and they believe its ok to kill for this reason,how do you deal with this? I dont know?
I do believe that through an increase in understanding and awareness of our planet and other races living on it, in time we will form some kind of semi peacefull unity but i think it will take a lot of really awful things to happen to us all before we realise working together for the sake of mankind has to be the only answer.

Regards.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by aryaputhra
One can say the human race was born different genetically or for the faith-inclined, that God made us all different, to be interesting. If we were all the same colour and height we would certainly all be bored of each other.

In order to answer the question of whether 'the human race will ever mature', one has address the person who questions it. This, based a preposition that whomever phrases such a question speaks on high moral ground. What needs to be abolished first is this fallacy and egotism that eventually lead to wars and despots.

The moment one realizes that we all make mistakes, then only can we call ourselves mature. For it is in this action, that all responsibilities and consequences prevail.

As most prophetic figures have said, "Learn to forgive and forget".

- "Sathyam eva jayathe."
- "Truth shall always prevail".

[edit on 8-10-2004 by aryaputhra]

Are you saying im gonna be the cause of the end of mankind
I like that idea in a weird way.

Ok i am not an overly moral person i dont stand on high ground in anyway. I know what good and bad i dont cross a certain line but i have dont things knowing theyn were wrong everyone has. I am by no means on higher ground if i am sorry if i came across as arrogant. Back to topic what is it exactly you are saying, it is the people who want world peace who stop it from happening.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 02:41 AM
link   
i reckon SOME will one day. there are alot of weirdos out there that are just lost causes

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Im a Security Officer in a shopping mall and i observe general human beings in their natural habitat. Verdict: we are regressing not progressing.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 03:19 AM
link   
you got that right. i remember watching on some paranormal TV show, about aliens who came to a school yard. used their telekenisis, to tell the kids that we should not make too much technology. isnt it completely possible that we could over do it? we have all heard of someone dying from alcohal poisioning, they do not kill them selves on purpose. its just that the fun of being intoxicated is sometimes too much for one person to bear, so they go over board. just what if the idea of technology making every difficult disiscion for us is just too enticing to pass up. in turn the technology takes away our natural abilities of problem solving. think if all of our material possesions dissapeared, how many people would have no understanding of basic survival and just die off? then theres those of you who have had perhaps some military training, or have had to live out in the wild while camping. what if technology made it so we didnt have to think about anything other then using the technology, we would get super retarded. in a way, we are making ourselves obsolete. a world which caters to our every need is a world without progression. would we really benifit from an effortless world? sure there are those of us who strive at maintaining a healthy balance for this world, and who study in order to help our fellow people. how bout those who just sit around and watch TV all day, and do nothing but the bare minimum life asks of you. there are already millions upon millions of thoughtless indivuals abusing and indulging in the ready supply of effortless living today, they are the ones who will bring the world to its knees, and beg for divine help. they will be the cause of destruction, when they so readily suck up everything our hard work has to offer. humanity is a group effort, its just that some people are not pulling there weight.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I too believe that in order for the whole race to mature it would take an unfortunate devastating catastrophe whiping out the majority of the population. Its a terrible thought to know that only a shock like that would wake all people up. I hope that something else would happen to make all people come to the realization that we can all achieve a higher mental and spiritual state, but with all of the different agendas in religious fanatics, it seems improbable.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   
For starters I think for a race to mature....there has to be intelligence and while the human is for the most part an intelligent life form......there's a lot of stupid out there! I see this in connection with my work day after day after day (I work with animals) It always amazes me that people are concerned about partying on the weekend, who's wearing what type of clothing, what kind of car to drive....all these un-important silly things! People will follow a religion and don't even actually "know" the facts, concern themselves with silly things like Hollywood gossip and other meaningless drivel and sports. While I feel that there are those that can and will raise themselves to a higher lever of consciousness....I think for the most part, mankind is a very sad lot! JMHO

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Well this has been a long time in the waiting, but I think a revival is worth it, since, well, I'm frustrated myself right now.

I see all these topics about tsunamis hitting the US and Britain, just because of the Asian one? How stupid is that? It takes 150 000 + deaths to tell us that there MIGHT be a problem with the world? Ummmm helllloooo?

who ever it was before me that said that people are worrying about the wrong things is right to an extent, I mean, we gotta think about those things, or else we'd go mad, but how many of you think about the poor people in Africa in a day? a week? a month? do I HAVE to go further?

To answer to the topic, I think that humans as a whole will never ever reach peace. But as a smaller version, we can. If someone was to unite the smart, considerate, and peaceful humans, I think that that would be just heaven. Seen the movie The Village? Like that.

I'm not out of my head here, it'll never happen, but what I'm trying to say is that we're out there. Not as a whole, but as individuals. Here we sit. Here we stand. Here we post about the stupid people. If we could....unite... and talk about those important things, about the things we want for the world, then maybe, maybe we could have a chance at something. It wouldn't be much, but do ya think we could do something?

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
I believe very much that humans have the potential to "mature". I think our maturation will occur shortly after the discovery of advanced and intelligent extraterrestrial life.

At this point, one of two things are most likely to happen:

1. Fear and offense against the newly found species ending in our destruction or theirs.

2. Embrace of alien culture and a new feeling of unity around the world; that we are not alone in the universe so we need to stick together.

These of course are not the only possiblities, but very probable ones.

In the event of number 2, there will still not be perfect peace. But we will not be killing each other in the fashion that we did generations before. We will settle our differences as a family; as friends, not enemies.

How's it sound, eh eh?

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by iceofspades
I believe very much that humans have the potential to "mature". I think our maturation will occur shortly after the discovery of advanced and intelligent extraterrestrial life.

At this point, one of two things are most likely to happen:

1. Fear and offense against the newly found species ending in our destruction or theirs.

2. Embrace of alien culture and a new feeling of unity around the world; that we are not alone in the universe so we need to stick together.

These of course are not the only possiblities, but very probable ones.

In the event of number 2, there will still not be perfect peace. But we will not be killing each other in the fashion that we did generations before. We will settle our differences as a family; as friends, not enemies.

How's it sound, eh eh?

Yeah - we need good teachers

I wish they want to guide us...

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
One thing you need to keep in mind is that we are not all of the same nature. We are not going to mature at the same rate, and there never will be a level playing field as far as our spiritual development is concerned.

We are not a single "race" of beings. The spiritual aspect of our beings can mature in certain individuals, and it is not linked to technology or any other physical aspect of this material world.

Maturity in this sense is not achieved as a culture or a race, but only on an individual scale. The question is. . .Will I ever mature?

After studying the ancients, I got the impression that those who mature or advance are delivered from this world as if it were an ordeal or trial. Because of that, I do not expect everyone in this world to attain it. My personal belief is that the chosen people will inherit this world, and the rest of the people will die off according to the law of nature, which they will fulfill.

That is the secret work of the spiritual force of God, it goes about selecting and choosing its favorites, and bringing them to a fuller and greater power. Once that process reaches a certain threshold, the "inheritance" will arrive and the inferior spirits will be dissolved. That's how the Bible reads, if you carefully consider the last book.

I don't know what form it will take, but it seems to me a spiritual form of natural selection.

Arkaleus

[edit on 8-1-2005 by Arkaleus]

posted on Jan, 8 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Will the human race mature?

According to the Greeks and India among others, they did, then regressed.

Will we recover our former maturity? Native American prophecy says (after terrible suffering) yes.

posted on Jan, 9 2005 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by iceofspades

That's a great addition. Sometimes I think that's the reason why I feel so much unity, but that really is beside the point

In the question of maturity, you guys are answering it most humbly. I mean, the question was will we ever stop killing for no reason? It does expand from there, but seriously! How many of you can kill a man cold blooded right on the street and steal his wallet? And I don't mean physically, it's a mental state, it'd never pass my mind twice. Automatic rejection. Don't pass go. But look at the number of murders a year. Now look at rapes. Now kidnappings...it goes on and on.

So I think the question is, when will this stop. Who are these people anyway? Because they are certainly not human. I'm human, I don't kill.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join