It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Candidate Ad Spending since April: Obama $46 million - Romney $17 million

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
It looks like Obama took off like a rocket on an ad blitz since April.

That's when it looked like Romney would certainly be the Republican Presidential nominee.

Unfortunately, Obama hasn't got much "positives" to campaign on, and has done mostly "negative" campaigning.

And it seems that the "polls" haven't been favoring Obama as a result.

I bet there a lot of people who say they are "for" Obama but will actually vote for Romney !!

Hmmm.

story from Breitbart -- 9 Jul 2012

The Romney campaign today released data, including the spending chart above, showing that the Obama campaign has spent nearly $50 million on television ads, most of them negative since Mitt Romney became the Republican nominee in April--outspending Romney three to one--and yet has failed to budge the national poll numbers.

The Romney campaign cites polling data posted at the Huffington Post, but could also have cited data from the RealClearPolitics average, which shows Obama with a 3-point lead on April 16 and just a 2.7-point lead today.

In addition, the Romney campaign notes that despite pleading poverty, the Obama campaign has far more cash-on-hand than its rival, and has been burning that cash at a high rate.

In a press release, the Romney campaign called Obama out on his hypocrisy, noting that he once complained about the negative nature of political campaigns. "Bemoaning negative ads while running a 75% negative campaign is the height of hypocrisy and reinforces the discouragement and cynicism that Americans feel about our broken political system in Washington DC."

Breitbart article

Obama Needs some "Positive" Data I think

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
This is really interesting.. I get emails from the Obama campaign and remember reading one last week that told me Romney was going to outspend Obama in a big way if I didn't make a quick cash contribution to the campaign!

A contribution would have entered me in a drawing to have dinner with the Prez and First Lady, but Obama would end up with mashed potatoes in his face and I'd end up in federal prison, so I just withheld my contribution.

Seriously though, it's hilarious the Obama campaign is begging for money on the false claim that the Romney campaign is going to seriously outspend them, then I read this..

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
It's all the extra donations from "The Wedding Registry" he was pleading for not long ago.

Instead Of Gifts For Yourself...

Maybe it was a good idea after all.

Am I the only one repulsed by the fact that these two are spending this kind of money when the economy is sinking like the titanic?
edit on 7/9/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
No matter how pretty of a pic you try to paint for Romney, there is no doubt trouble in Republican Land.

Having little trouble keeping up with President Obama and Democratic super PACs, Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney is being urged by donors and fundraisers to spend non-stop to offset Democratic attacks that are depressing his poll numbers.

washingtonexaminer.com...

By now, Romney should be drawing ahead of Obama, but he isn't. The problems that are keeping Romney's poll numbers below Obama's go much deeper than unforced errors or unnoticed speeches.
spectator.org...

President Obama is still leading Mitt Romney in key battleground states. Bill Kristol attributed the trend to Romney not being able to provide a clear alternative to what Obama is doing, and said the Republican campaign should be worried about being behind at this point.

www.mediaite.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kangaruex4Ewe
It's all the extra donations from "The Wedding Registry" he was pleading for not long ago.

Instead Of Gifts For Yourself...

Maybe it was a good idea after all.

Am I the only one repulsed by the fact that these two are spending this kind of money when the economy is sinking like the titanic?
edit on 7/9/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

I'm with you on that. Economy is crumbling, jobs are going nowhere (who didn't see that one coming), and nature showing off in full force recently.

And here we have the race for the next President of the United States quite literally being bought as action and planning on how to tackle the problems are non existent. Well, anything that doesn't chip away at the constitution piece by piece.

I wonder how many people you could feed with 46 million dollars?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Many people have the opinion that Romney will "pour it on" heavy duty after the "official" nomination.

They will know for sure who will be the VP at that time.

new topics

top topics

join