It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the heck are these pictures. Mars?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Checking out these pictures of Mars on Yahoo today, what is it that I'm seeing?

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Can you be more specific?

There are 18 different photos to choose from, which one?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
If it's the first photo, it's the rovers body you're seeing, not a magical mars base

link   
The first pic looks like the Rover broke redneck and spun doughnuts all over the background.

The pics that look like crash debris, I would assume are some sort of satellite or something. Other than that all of them are amazing to see! Thanks for posting it!

ETA that looking again (especially at pic 3) it does indeed look like a part of the Rover by the way the photo was taken.
edit on 7/9/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

The two with the smokestack looking things that looks like they were taken here on earth. Looks like a pile of welded sheetmetal pieces. Why are they on Mars pictures? If it's the rover, I think they had a bunch of young inexperienced workers without pride in their work assembling it. China can make better looking junk. The chimney thing looks a little rusty also.
edit on 9-7-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Seriously bro? Thats an alien space ship from earth.. its the lander/alien mars base that went with the rover....rusty? Its been in outer space and on mars for how long? Martian soil is red. The picture is allegedly false colored to make details shpw better. And that space ship is a flying space pyramid that unfolds from the pyramishape after landing, that way it doesnt have to land right side up. Also im pretty sure theres airbags and parachutes and crap attached to it. So yes its gonna look like a piece of #.
edit on 9-7-2012 by phroziac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Pictures of mars. You answered your own question.

If you want a more detailed description, then read to the right of each image... ?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The view is a panorama from Opportunity, that is why you see two pics of the machine at each 'end'
edit on 9-7-2012 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I'd be ashamed to say I calked or assembled that thing. For the price they pay for those things it looks like they got taken. Can't they make things so they don't trap dust? I suppose it is made to last a year, if it lasted longer than they wouldn't need another Mars mission.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   

They're solar panels, not welded panels.

It's extremely well built, this is what it looks like without the panoramic distortion...

images.astronet.ru...

edit on 9/7/12 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Obviously its the house of whoever built the face

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Every picture has a description on the right side.

If you want to make a decent thread, at least post some details in the OP because we don't know what your trying to say.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

I think they were attempting to make a little stick man in the sand with their tracks. Two arms, two legs, head with smile, and maybe glasses on. Looks like it's putting something in it's mouth. Nobody can say NASA scientists aren't creative

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
I'd be ashamed to say I calked or assembled that thing. For the price they pay for those things it looks like they got taken. Can't they make things so they don't trap dust? I suppose it is made to last a year, if it lasted longer than they wouldn't need another Mars mission.

Opportunity is almost ten years old now, it is one of the six man-made robots that landed on Mars, its purpose is to be useful, not cute, this is not Wall-E.
And it's damn useful, so no, the guys who made it have the right to be proud of themselves it is a great job.

edit on 9-7-2012 by BobbyTarass because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by BobbyTarass

I suppose it really doesn't matter what it looks like. So this is the one that is ten years old. It has outlasted it's expected lifetime than.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Some really stunning shots in that collection, in what are probably the first real bunch of decent/modern-day camera pictures taken since we've been there!

Won't be long before we have Google Mars Street View

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Picture #4 Is pretty amazing. #8 has me a little more confused. Isn't the sun supposed to be this little dot in the sky seen from Mars? Why does it look roughly the same size as on Earth? #13 Is spretty "cool" showing ice under a thin layer of dirt. # 17 looks like an artist's rendition. A doubt it's an actual Mars pic. If it is an actual pic with added colour they need to hire a new Graphics designer...I'm available.
Overall, nice pics.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Wow, look at picture no: 4,, that does seem to look a bit odd. It kind of resembles the settlements found in Arkaim

I can't seem to find that particulair buildings that where build in a spiral, but this comes close to those setllements..

Any thoughts??
edit on 9/7/2012 by Bauwser because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/7/2012 by Bauwser because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

Hey, who else was on mars to take that picture?

2nd
edit on 7/9/2012 by mikelkhall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Thanks for that some beauitful pictures but i do not see anything unusual on any of them....sorry

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join