It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Booked up my next trip to Croatia!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Being an American living in Europe I have taken every opportunity to travel while I am here (as work and money allows).

My girlfriend and I just booked up our short trip to Croatia.

We are going in early September. Here is our itinerary with pics. Thought I'd share some real beauty in this world... ATS can be so negative sometimes but for me there is nothing as refreshing and fascinating as traveling to a new place. Has anyone been to this area that can make some recommendations or suggestions?

1 night here in Zadar:

then off to a secluded beach at an eco resort for 2 days. The resort has no electricity and you live in beach side bungalows. got to escape facebook for a few days!

and then our last night here at Plitvice National Park:

We just got back from London a few weeks ago, and Italy in May. My thoughts; If you're not traveling then what the hell are you doing with your life?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Wooster

Awesome. Actually very jealous. I first went to Croatia when it was still Yugoslavia - complete with little old ladies with dancing bears on chains lining the roadsides, next to other little ladies flogging homemade lemonade!

Plitvice is just gorgeous. No other way to describe it. Guide at the time was telling us which paths to we could wander on - "not so good down there, packs of wolves and bears.......", etc.

My only advise would be to check out as much as possible, there are surprises everywhere. Obviously though, Dubrovnik is special. Also check out some of the many many islands off shore if you get the chance.

Basically, i cannot sing the praises of Croatia highly enough. It has been my favourite destination globally for a long time now.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Unfortunately, we won't be able to make it to Dubrovnik this time! Mediterreanean isles cruise is on the agenda for next year, and it actually has a stop over in Dubrovnik so in due time I'll have to check it out.

I have heard so many great things about Croatia. Seems like its a little off the tourist path, which is OK by me!

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Wooster

Honestly, everything about the place is great. The people are incredibly friendly (and ridiculously attractive so watch those furtive glances in case your partner catches you!
).

Last time i went, i stayed on the Isle of Rab - involved a 3 hour boat ride there, past many many gorgeous islands, some uninhabited.

Split is also a great place, particularly for fun. It is a proper party town and its all good natured.

Keep coming back to Plitvice though. Europe's oldest national park and quite honestly the most beautiful place i have ever been - been all over France, Germany, Norway, USA, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Libya, bits of Peru, etc, etc. Plitvice tops the lot, i could very happily spend the rest of my life there.

Have an absolutely fantastic time and post some pics when you get back (even if just for my pleasure!).

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

I love me some Eastern European women..

Will do. Unfortunately we still have 2 months before the trip. Don't know what to do to entertain myself until then!!

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Wooster, when I saw the heading to your thread I thought two things - 1. I am jealous and 2. I hope they're going to Plitvice NP

I am so glad Plitvice is part of your itinerary, it looks like heaven on earth.... You'd be surprised how many people don't even know it exists...

Here in the UK a lot of people spend a fortune going long haul when I have found the most beautiful places I have ever seen are all in Europe
Although I do love America I've just about had it with long haul flights - what a waste of one's holiday time....

How's about a trip report when you get back?

Enjoy

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Flavian

Thank goodness the dancing bears in Eastern Europe seem to be a thing of the past eh... It would completely ruin my holiday if I came across any - I would more than likely end up in a cell for GBH on the owner

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wooster
reply to post by Flavian

I love me some Eastern European women..

Will do. Unfortunately we still have 2 months before the trip. Don't know what to do to entertain myself until then!!

The Eastern European ladies are very beautiful indeed.... And apparently they come pretty cheap too

I wonder if the guys are the same

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by paradisepurple
reply to post by Flavian

Thank goodness the dancing bears in Eastern Europe seem to be a thing of the past eh... It would completely ruin my holiday if I came across any - I would more than likely end up in a cell for GBH on the owner

I know what you mean but honestly, those feelings leave you kind of redundant when you see a 70 year old lady with a hunch back and a beard holding the chain!
Well, i say 70 but they could easily be 35 with a very hard paper round!

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Sad to say, all of us won't be capable of ensure it is to help Dubrovnik this time! Mediterreanean isles vacation cruise is for the agenda intended for next year, plus it truly has a quit more than within Dubrovnik so within credited moment I'll must give it a look.
I have seen countless advantages of Croatia. May seem like its a bit off the vacationer journey, that is OKAY by means of me!

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Extremely jealous right now! I've always wanted to go to Croatia, but as a solo female traveler, i keeping getting drawn back to safe Switzerland. Maybe one day I'll try and drag my boyfriend along to the east so I won't feel so afraid. Have fun!

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

join