It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truthy - Meme Tracker

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Just found this a few hours ago from this site : Be Open

It's easily the coolest tool I've seen for tracking what's going on with certain topics on twitter. Anyway, I won't go into details because you'll see for yourself how amazing it is if you click on one of these memes, then click around on the various options. The bit I love is the node display which you can hover over, and really get a sense of who's providing what information. In fact you can basically see where all of the information is coming from and who has what influence on whatever topic is covered. Here you go anyway, just click/hover around and see for yourself :

Truthy - Memes

One more note : that link is set on 2012 US politics, there's also social movements and news from the theme drop down near the top, and each section has 100 pages of memes. There's a ton of information there if you're into this type of thing.
edit on 9-7-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
how are you doing robhines?

#fascinating /good post

i'm not entirely sure how twitter works , but am assuming that on the meme representations, each dot is an end user or remessager (retweets and mentions) plus the temporal/directive links are displayed using lines .
thereby showing end users , and the directive links including remessaging, via relative location

larger networks being more complex , what the meme would not show is relinks to the information outside of twitter and further external dissemination . very interesting indeed

edit on 9-7-2012 by ZIPMATT because: (no reason given)

have worked on similar (meme ) diagrams for farming and business ops

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
You have ruined my life. How?

I am a junkie for this kind of thing. I will now spend the next week and a half trying to understand the human mind better by exploring what this site has to offer. I will then lose my job, which will make my wife and kids leave me. Eventually the dog will die from starvation and i will be a ruined and broken man.

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZIPMATT
larger networks being more complex , what the meme would not show is relinks to the information outside of twitter and further external dissemination . very interesting indeed

Hi there, and I'm fine thanks! Hope you're doing well too.

And yeah, if you could see the way those memes have gone outside of twitter too that'd be pretty insanely interesting...

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
You have ruined my life. How?

I am a junkie for this kind of thing. I will now spend the next week and a half trying to understand the human mind better by exploring what this site has to offer. I will then lose my job, which will make my wife and kids leave me. Eventually the dog will die from starvation and i will be a ruined and broken man.

Thanks.

Hahah! Yeah have got to admit it's kind of freaked me out a bit too. There's just so much information there and so much that can be learnt. Still haven't actually checked much yet but will probably have a go later on.
edit on 9-7-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Seriously, nobody interested? I really thought most people would love something like this. Here's a few images to show you what this thing does :

Barack :

YourAnonNews :

CNN :

Occupy :

It's amazing.

One more thing I haven't noted, and this is actually why it's called truthy.....I should've really made the thread starter like this post....will link to this from my sig anyway. From the about section of their site :

We also plan to use Truthy to detect political smears, astroturfing, misinformation, and other social pollution. While the vast majority of memes arise in a perfectly organic manner, driven by the complex mechanisms of life on the Web, some are engineered by the shady machinery of high-profile congressional campaigns. Truthy uses a sophisticated combination of text and data mining, social network analysis, and complex networks models. To train our algorithms, we leverage crowdsourcing: we rely on users like you to flag injections of forged grass-roots activity. Therefore, click on the Truthy button when you see a suspicious meme!

Link again to save you going back to the top of the thread, incase you changed your mind or it's the first time you've seen this : Truthy

Like I said in the first post, there's 3 themes that you can use from the themes dropdown at the top, 2012 US Elections, Social Movements or News. And obviously as you look you have other dropdowns to change more settings too.

Time to add this to my sig.

top topics

join