It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Who Introduced Obama At Rally Owes $500,000 To Former Employer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
This is a funny story about how the Obama Campaign apparently allowed a man who apparently had been convicted of violating trade secrets and ordered to pay back $500,000 to "introduce" Obama at a rally the other day !!

The Obama campaign evidently "selected" the man after "talking" to management at the man's current employer where Obama had made an appearance and took a tour of the facility.

Either the campaign got "played" bigtime here, or they are in fact a little too loose when it comes to "looking into" a situation. Unless of course, this man was the only one "available" that met the "criteria" worthy of introducing the President

I would hope all the recent "errors" and "mistakes" are not the normal procedure when it comes to policy decisions !!

July 8, 2012 -- CBS Cleveland

YOUNGSTOWN, Ohio (CBS Cleveland/AP) — An Ohio man who says he once lost his job and introduced President Barack Obama at a rally on Friday had been accused of stealing trade secrets by a former boss.

Court records show that Daniel Potkanowicz and a business partner in the Youngstown area were ordered to pay $500,000 to Clearview Window & Door after a judge ruled in 2009 that they had violated trade secrets.

The Vindicator newspaper in Youngstown reports that the two partners have not paid back the money.

CBS Cleveland

Potkanowicz told the newspaper that he didn’t want to talk about his past.

“That’s part of my life I really don’t want to go into,” Potkanowicz told The Vindicator. “I’m not really talking about that.”
well naturally !!

Potkanowicz now works for Summer Garden Food Manufacturing, a company Obama toured on Friday. He says the president’s campaign selected him to speak after talking with management there.

Maybe the "Campaign" figured nobody would notice !!

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
And this really matters why? If I tried I'm sure I could dig up a skeleton or 2 on ANYONE that has EVER introduced a president or someone running for it.

For instance, Romney was introduced by George HW Bush a little while ago.....need I say more?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Hey, have you heard about the guy who was going to cohost Romney's London fundraiser. His bank was fined 450 million for rigging bank interest.

A disgraced London banker has rescinded an offer to co-host a high-dollar fundraiser for Mitt Romney, sparing the GOP hopeful the difficulty of appearing at a lavish event with a man embroiled in scandal.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Don't you love these tit for tat threads....

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Hey, have you heard about the guy who was going to cohost Romney's London fundraiser. His bank was fined 450 million for rigging bank interest.

A disgraced London banker has rescinded an offer to co-host a high-dollar fundraiser for Mitt Romney, sparing the GOP hopeful the difficulty of appearing at a lavish event with a man embroiled in scandal.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Don't you love these tit for tat threads....

Good find !

Good thing the guy was exposed before any damage was done

That actually makes the Romney Campaign people look pretty efficient.

And, I agree we need to expose all the corruption. I don't care who is guilty.

Bring it on !!

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
And why does it matter?

He introduced Obama...he wasn't put in charge of anything for the campaign.

I smell desperation.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
WHY IT MATTERS ... for those who wonder why it matters who introduces Obama or Romney at their respective Rallies ... The person doing the introduction is being given an 'honor'. It's a big deal. The job of 'introduction' is given to someone that the party is supposed to be highlighting and giving attention to. It's supposed to be someone they approve of and someone who they are happy with. For either party to let slip through a person who isn't top-notch ... that's a failure on the part of that parties team and it gives the impression that the team approves of (or at least doesn't care about) any ill-doings that the 'introducer' has gotten him/her self into.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
WHY IT MATTERS ... for those who wonder why it matters who introduces Obama or Romney at their respective Rallies ... The person doing the introduction is being given an 'honor'. It's a big deal. The job of 'introduction' is given to someone that the party is supposed to be highlighting and giving attention to. It's supposed to be someone they approve of and someone who they are happy with. For either party to let slip through a person who isn't top-notch ... that's a failure on the part of that parties team and it gives the impression that the team approves of (or at least doesn't care about) any ill-doings that the 'introducer' has gotten him/her self into.

Good point

And not to mention the "perception" voters are seeing.

This looks bad for Obama and it looks like his "Team" is incompetent.

"perception"

new topics

top topics

join