It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How far would you go?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
~Vessal state: - A state that is subordinate to another.

When we look at the human history there have been many instances in which one state forced another to give up freedom. Not necessarily by brute supression like the Nazi empire but still by supression. If we look at history we have for instance Troy, which was a vassal state of the Hittites. The process of becoming a vassal state is fear, either for the enemy or for other close by enemies and the lack of defense.

When we often look at Hollywood movies we can see humanity fight valiantly against aliens. Ofcourse, the chances of humanity actually winning against an alien civilisation is slim at best. It might be great to defend upon the last man but it would also mean the end of the human race.

Humanity can't leave earth permanent as of yet and neither are we advanced enough to give us good chances against alien invasions.With that in mind I would like to state a question.
This, by no means hypothetical question states as following;

An alien race is heading to Earth to reform the planet to their needs and in the process destroy all current life on Earth. Humanity can't hope to escape by itself and neither has the hope of winning. Another alian race offers to safe the Earth but in return demands that Earth surrenders it's futher plans for independence. How far would you go in order to safe humanity and Earth?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by AncientShade

How do we know if the aliens aren't both scamming us... by posing a threat just to offer assistance.

And by offering assistance... doesn't that say something about humanity? that there is something there that both these races view us as such a nuisance or what ever that they want us either subjugated or stomped out.

I say call the bluff and go for broke, whip out all the toys from the toy chest and see what a bloated military budget can do.

And if we fail, at least we went out swinging.

also Humans have been practicing for that day ever since the first ape picked up a rock and bashed his fellow mans head in, we have been practicing the art of killing so long that hopefully they wont realize what psychopaths we all are.

Subjugated humans are just as dangerous as free range, ask a prison guard.
edit on 9-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

I'm going to ignore the whole thing because it aint happening.

This guy forcast an alien invasion back in March

It's now, erm, July.

Bring the aliens in any capacity. If there's more than one kind, then let them fight it out then shoot the winner with our own toys, and clean up the all the left over tech from both parties.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

I always predict them, just for the fun of it. If you want a wolf attack to succeed it pays to cry 'wolf' enough times when there is no wolf in sight.

That said; I do believe I see a tendency to believe in the human spirit. I guess that is valiant enough, if not maybe a littlebit naieve. Be it as it may; you will be heralded a heroic footnote in the historybooks, that is for sure.
edit on 9-7-2012 by AncientShade because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

And that member said

(With evidence) and gaining 170 stars and 216 flags for it!!

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I do want to point out a little detail thou... I just clicked on the link (I am extremely lazyat all times) and I am not that person. I only have this account. I did predict that we would be attacked but I never mentioned a period.

My...hitchhikers brothers an nephews are just outside the solarsystem. Either in the Kuiper belt or just outside it. Since my hitchhiker is banished to Earth a rather a great deal longer ago then I live he is out of the loop. (thou he is a convenient on Earth spy for them I guess; can't refuse and can't leave and in a new body each time the old one gives way) But judging by their grouping there it isn't for a picknick.

That said; I merely want to recorrect myself; I am not the dude from the link. I posted (under this account) notions before about our race being invaded soon, but never a definite timeframe. (I simply can't, otherwise I would.

Yes, I apologise for my lazyness and telling people its genetic doesn't really help I guess.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

I'm going to ignore the whole thing because it aint happening.

This guy forcast an alien invasion back in March

It's now, erm, July.

Bring the aliens in any capacity. If there's more than one kind, then let them fight it out then shoot the winner with our own toys, and clean up the all the left over tech from both parties.

time is perceived differently by every single being, not to defend the wolf crier, but eventually everything that is possible will happen otherwise it would not be a possibility, to sit and watch, means death or enslavement, enslavement could mean survival, but to take appropriate action before death and enslavement is what will save the true meaning of our humanity. don't rely on others to do your fighting for you cause whomever wins for you, becomes your master.
edit on 9-7-2012 by DocHolidaze because: (no reason given)

top topics

join