It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time is reversible

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
In a way time is reversible.

I've seen this even here on ATS.Lost loves,lost children,lost parents all make this journey in time a journey of 5,10,20 or more years to met those lost in....time.

Even if they are older when they met they are the same because feelings have not changed during this period.

The joy and desire is what makes time to be reversible.

To encounter someone who you've been longing for so many years is a joy that can not be described in words.

There is a strong emotion....the emotion of the Time Travel that makes possible for time to be reversible.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondoftheworld

Even like the world, there is no turning back...

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Even like the world, there is no turning back...
Sometimes, emotions are frozen in time.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

I can agree with that..

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   

In a world.... 20 Years lost in time....

Where feelings and emotions can turn the clock backwards.....

As much as the Earth Spins, there is no turning back...

Starring Nicholas Cage.....

DIAMOND OF THE WORLD.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by SoymilkAlaska

I have to see that movie.

Thanks

posted on Jul, 11 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

how much did that movie gross again?
and who else starred in it i forget

edit on 11-7-2012 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

It is easier to reverse time then it is to reverse strong emotions in some cases.

What your talking about has nothing to do with time itself but the fact that your stuck in emotions and moments. Which can not be a healthy thing to do, or be stuck in.

posted on Jul, 13 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by SoymilkAlaska

In a world.... 20 Years lost in time....

Where feelings and emotions can turn the clock backwards.....

As much as the Earth Spins, there is no turning back...

Starring Nicholas Cage.....

DIAMOND OF THE WORLD.

Seen this collegehumor vid on somebodies facebook some time ago, it is so true.

posted on Jul, 18 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by galadofwarthethird

It is easier to reverse time then it is to reverse strong emotions in some cases.

What your talking about has nothing to do with time itself but the fact that your stuck in emotions and moments. Which can not be a healthy thing to do, or be stuck in.

All depends on what they are. If they aren't self-destructive and give you a sense of peace in this world we live in today, where's the harm? It's just another example of escapism that we we all do.

Some people call it living in a world of illusion, but I call it creating your own slice of reality while you're living in a bigger one that you either don't understand or don't agree with. Which do you think is more unhealthy, living in a world where there is little or no real love at all, with no hope of it ever happening, or holding onto hope that you'll find it one day. You can do both at the same time and still live a healthy and productive life.

I think what Diamond of the World is talking about is that point in time when some people start waiting for their one true love. Let's say you're 17 at the time. You get this vision in your mind of what it will be like. Perfection. Beauty that makes all the ugliness the world has to offer go away. You may only be 17 at the time and don't know what that ugliness really is..........but you will. You live with this in the back of your mind for 20 years, steadily going about your business, married to your job or whatever else it is you do to get by and then....POW.....all of a sudden it hits you like a runaway train. All of sudden you're not 35 anymore and this close to losing hope. You're 17 again. You're at that point in your life when it still feels hopeful and realistic that you'll find true love. Those 20 years that just came and went.......all that waiting and the false promises.........they're swept away in a feeling of euphoria that no drug could hope to match. It's a feeling that only those who have experienced will really understand.

The longer we live galadofwarthethird, the more life tries to break us away from that one true love that can make us feel that way. Everyone feels it happening in their lives but they just don't talk about it or want to recognize it for what it is. What Diamond is talking about I think is getting "unbroken". Getting back to that place in your life when everything was still innocent and idealistic. For all intents and purposes, going back in time.

Make no mistake, I'm not the only one who see's this.

posted on Jul, 19 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

The op is aware that time does not really exist. What it is but loops really were not stuck in time were more or less stuck in emotions in the thoughts in our head, literally in our heads we are stuck. The things we get stuck on we call times and places or even people like you said.

So in reality time is an illusion, and it does not move at the same speed for everybody it just appears that way. Some have been stuck in the moment and in moments for a very, very long time.

Which do you think is more unhealthy, living in a world where there is little or no real love at all, with no hope of it ever happening, or holding onto hope that you'll find it one day. You can do both at the same time and still live a healthy and productive life.

Abandon all hope all ye who enter here.

Hope is a form of entrapment, hope is a prison, its a carrot put in front of your face, its that little itch you just can never reach and never goes away. In Pandora's box, after the all the other evil escaped, at the bottom in the deepest depths there was something called hope.

Pandora's box contained all the evil in the world, and supposedly all of it escaped when it was opened except hope as Pandora sealed it before it to could escape.

But you know stories and myths.

Only Hope was left within her unbreakable house, she remained under the lip of the jar, and did not fly away. Before [she could], Pandora replaced the lid of the jar. This was the will of aegis-bearing Zeus the Cloudgatherer.
Hesiod does not say why hope (elpis) remained in the jar.[4]
Hesiod closes with this moral (105): "Thus it is not possible to escape the mind of Zeus."

en.wikipedia.org...
To some and to some in the ancient Greek world hope was the most evilest thing of all in all of the world. It is something that traps you in an endless cycle that will never go anywhere. It is the maze, and in some places and through some doors the only way you can pass on, or finally get through it all. Is to abandon all hope.

Is if you abandon all hope, in the very meaning of it all you abandon the cycle keeping you there. In the divine comedy, in the depths of hell, at the entrance it is written above the door. Both as a warning and as a bit of advice on how to finally pass on to the next stage.

And so it all just depends on what perspective your looking at it from.

I think what Diamond of the World is talking about is that point in time when some people start waiting for their one true love. Let's say you're 17 at the time. You get this vision in your mind of what it will be like. Perfection.

I was never 17 even when I was 17 yrs old. There are days were I find it hard to believe that there is anything true, much less that there is one true love. I am sorry to inform you that I never had a perfect vision of love, I was never that lucky. As for the op, he is reaching for things, but missing. I suppose you could say that all of us. Our reach exceeds our grasp. Yet we still do it anyways.

All of sudden you're not 35 anymore and this close to losing hope. You're 17 again. You're at that point in your life when it still feels hopeful and realistic that you'll find true love.

A nice story! You must be some sort of writer. I only have one question. Who put you up to it? Your like fishing bro, and the rod your holding is not even yours.

Those 20 years that just came and went.......all that waiting and the false promises.........they're swept away in a feeling of euphoria that no drug could hope to match. It's a feeling that only those who have experienced will really understand.

Oh ya! Interesting! Please do tell me more about what your talking about. But i warn you I may know more about it then you. So it is kind of hard to believe you. After all after you seen the real thing, everything else is just shadows and false images. But please, do dazzle me with it. I like a good story.

The longer we live galadofwarthethird, the more life tries to break us away from that one true love that can make us feel that way. Everyone feels it happening in their lives but they just don't talk about it or want to recognize it for what it is.

You could have a point. Or you could not much of a point. But I think it all just depends on what your definition of life is. And for most people its an external output that has total influence on them, life moves you life pursues you, but in the end it just seems to be you battling your own inner demons. And they even groups themselves based on there fears and inner demons.

But before life can break us away from that one true love, there first has to be that one true love. I do belive the majority of us are chasing our own tails.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
My whole post was a theory related to the theory the OP brought up and it was accentuated at the end with songs relating to what I was talking about. Songs which millions of people have bought because they, on some level, can relate to them. And that's not speculation. Why else would they buy them?

You kind of come across as speaking for the OP. Why is that?

You sound very pragmatic and resigned to what life gives you, very inside the box. One could say.....political I suppose. ( While basing that viewpoint on a myth that sounds VERY depressing BTW ) God forbid you should reach out of it and try to grab hold of something that has real substance. Like hope. You say our reach overextends our grasp. I say you can't grasp something that you don't reach for. The OP seems to be thinking outside the box by tying emotions and time. It's something interesting to think about, speculate on and reach for and it's not something you hear everyday. Just my opinion, but I don't think you're doing the OP any favors by speaking for her. I'll admit, I might have come across as sounding that way as well, so maybe the OP needs to come in and tell us what she thinks of what we think of her. I know she has an opinion, she stated it by starting this whole conversation in the first place.

I'm sorry you were never 17 dude. but just because some of us were it doesn't mean we're fishing in the dark with a pole that isn't ours.It just means that we've held onto that same pole since we were 17. And people like us don't expect people like you to understand us. We may be dreamers but we're not stupid. You do sound like a Desperado. I wish you the best. And every once in a while, poke your head outside the box. It's not as grey and unforgiving as you may think.

I would post the Eagles song, but it would probably escape you.

:col

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Taupin Desciple

Well in that case then the op needs to make things more clearer on what he or she meant by time is reversible. And sorry bro you post makes no sense. I am not speaking for the op, that is what they said, emotions = time, and strong emotions makes time travel possible. Re: read the thing, in fact here.

The joy and desire is what makes time to be reversible. To encounter someone who you've been longing for so many years is a joy that can not be described in words. There is a strong emotion....the emotion of the Time Travel that makes possible for time to be reversible.

Oh and really?

You sound very pragmatic and resigned to what life gives you, very inside the box.

No I am not, what the hell are you talking about? I am not resigned, i am merely freaking annoyed.

God forbid you should reach out of it and try to grab hold of something that has real substance. Like hope

Hope is just a word, it means nothing without context. Hope for what? Why hope? What hope? Who's hope? What real substance? In fact the whole thing seems quite fake and plastic to me, so why would you want to take a hold and hope for that?

But ya hopefully Diamondoftheworld will get back in here and explain better what the whole thing is about, and "hopefully" before he or she gets banned again.

top topics

join