It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well, This was odd. Small Proof of Timeline shift?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I was getting ready for bed and just reading some final post on my phone. I was reading a post about Ernest Borgnine and how some folks thought he fell under the category of people thinking he had all ready died as well as many others that were mentioned.

The odd thing is I know this subject has come up before because I recalled that at one point way back I had started a thread to try and keep track of the people that died so we would have a record. So, I got up to get on my pc to go search for that old post just to see if Ernest had been mentioned in that one or anyone else that had been named.

Strangely enough one name did pop out that I knew was wrong because I have seen recent movies by this actor.

I had started this thread back in 2010 which Can be Found HERE

The actor someone else posted about was Owen Wilson which can be Found HERE along with the link stating he had died in a ski accident.

I wanted to reply all this to the thread I was reading originally on my phone, but for some reason I can't get back to it and I can't remember the name of the post.

Strange though that the reason I had started that post way back was for a time like this. I didnt actually think I would trip across a name on it tonight except for maybe Ernest B.

Maybe I should go back and keep that thing going eh?
Anyhow, just thought I would share that now we have a wee tiny bit of truth that we aren't losing our minds

edit on 9/7/12 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by onehuman
The actor someone else posted about was Owen Wilson which can be Found HERE along with the link stating he had died in a ski accident.

The link says that, but the comments at that link, on the very same day, say it was a hoax... including news reports links that back it up.
dailymail

So all I'm seeing here is that somebody put false hoax information on the internet, and some other doofus repeated the stupid story on ATS.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by onehuman

I think people need to depend less on unaccredited "news" sites on the web for obituaries, and more on local news, televised news, and newspapers. This whole problem would be avoided, every time, if we just stopped looking to Yahoo Answers, or some other less reputable website for news of deaths.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wandering Scribe
This whole problem would be avoided, every time, if we just stopped looking to Yahoo Answers, or some other less reputable website for news of deaths.

A wider issue on ATS would be avoided if people stopped for a moment before posting a link, to
- Read it, to make sure it actually says what the headline says.
- Check other websites for verification.
- Use earlier sources. If your newslink says "XYZ are reporting that ..." , then take the time to go to XYZ and check the story from them. Few bother.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
What you're failing to understand is that in a timeline shift there will not be that evidence to back things up. Things, data, etc., will be lost in the shift. They can't help not being. Surely that's understood.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by onehumanAnyhow, just thought I would share that now we have a wee tiny bit of truth that we aren't losing our minds

edit on 9/7/12 by onehuman because: (no reason given)

You aren't losing your minds, you are just wrong. The problem may lie in you relying on hoaxes for truth. Stop doing that and you will be fine, maybe.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Hoax memes about actors being killed in terrible accidents happen every week / month
Kauri cliffs golf club in New Zealand has had 4 or 5 actors die on its links

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I hope I can nip this in the bud right away by first making clear the Ernest was alive and well until he died, and those close to him - like me - never lost sight of that.

That said, consider this: celebrities and public figures tend to be regarded as existing in another "time" because we see them in different time contexts by virtue of their celebrity. In your thoughts, Ernest is meaningful to you in context of where the bulk of his celebrity made an impression on you, in TV roles. This is really just a trick of cognition: when you remember Ernest, you see him in the context where you first "bonded' with his presence. So he appears to exist in another time that "feels funny" if you haven't also attached the experiential time frames you are missing in cognition.

Time is an experience that has feelers into the intellectual, emotional, and physical realms so that we end up with 3-dimensional logic of our experiences. We will apply the necessary information to anchor those components to make sense of our experience (to make reality real). If you only have the "feeling" of one part of the time that helps you understand the reality of Ernest, you will project him into that emotional (incomplete) framework, because your emotional context dominates your perspective when news of death comes about someone you have feel some sort of connection with, even trivial connection, like celebrity.

If you want to consider a real mystery about time-slips, ask questions about why we "lose sight of" people after they reach a certain age. Why do they "dissappear" from the societal and your personal radar? They aren't dead to themselves yet. They certainly wouldn't be happy to hear that their fans have already decided they were supposed to be dead years ago.

R.I.P. Ernest Borgnine. He taught my brother and I how to tie marine knots when he and my father had yachts in facing boast slips on Marina del Rey. He complained loudly when my brother and I came around to make him show us stuff. But he never sent us away. Now that is a memory of Ernest I will smile large about when I am delegated to my death bed. My kids will think I have gas.

top topics

join