It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Alex Jones a CIA agent?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

He doesn't make anyone with a ounce of common sense paranoid.

I was listening to him a couple of days after the Fukushima disaster, one minute he's ranting intensely about how the US, all of it, is going to become irradiated in a matter of hours and how everything is f**ked, whilst every five minutes advertisements came on with no other than AJ the man himself, slick salesman voice oozing urgency, selling.....guess what??.....Geiger counters. Now I don't live in the US, and I know you guys are subject to some intense marketing, so, maybe to you that's just a fine example of capitalism but to me it's shameless fear-mongering greedy profiteering, but hey each to his own.

edit on 6-1-2013 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Some interesting and way-back thoughts and ideas on this topic here: www.breakfornews.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

You never get carried away in anything you do right ? Mr Perfect ? A J speaks the truth and you just can't get around that ! I can abide by saying the man gets carried away. He's a passionate human being when it comes to what he's doing. Saying he's a schill ? That ! I can't abide. If JFK hadn't of been murdered ? Would he be a schill also ?
Robert ?
King ?
Lincoln ?
How bout Lennon ?
Good thing they all got murdered right ?
Your view sickens me !
edit on 6-1-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

What happened to Integrity Randyvs? Honesty? Professionalism?

Jones, even if he is authentic, which I doubt, doesn't have a shred journalistic responsibility.

Originally posted by randyvs
If JFK hadn't of been murdered ? Would he be a schill also ?
Robert ?
King ?
Lincoln ?
How bout Lennon ?
Good thing they all got murdered right ?
Your view sickens me !

What???

Don't be stupid, you know what I meant by that comment.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabhac-rua
reply to post by sidLives

I appreciate you civility.

Thank you. I think we can get along together and still have different opinions... No big deal.

However, if you think I am simply making up the fact that Jones has been caught lying then you are not a very well informed person, all I have to say to that is 'Y2K'.

Maybe I'm really not well informed, that's why I appreciate a healthy exchange of arguments...
I'm sorry if I gave you a bad impression, I just wanted to get other points of view and less name calling stuff.

I honestly don't see the point of elaboration concerning Jones's dishonesty if you regard my efforts as "bashing".

Well, from where I come from, we usually don't call anybody a lier without backing it up... It is very insulting.

You are incorrect in you definition of apologist, an apologist is somebody who defends a cause or person etc. If this thread is supposedly questioning Jones's motives etc, then an apologist is a person who will come on here and defend the man, his actions, his words, his ideas and his lies.

Actually, I'm also sorry if I used "APOLOGY" as root for apologist...
Which means:
"apology (plural apologies)
An expression of remorse or regret for having said or done something that harmed another: an instance of apologizing (saying that one is sorry).

EX: What he said really hurt my feelings, but his apology sounded so sincere that I couldn't help but forgive him.
Ex: The CEO made a public apology for the scandal, and promised full cooperation with the authorities."

One of the reasons I'm here is to improve my English skills.
But I still don't get anything to defend anyone, I just don't understand why there are more people attacking (viciously) AJ than for instance the big guys from CNN or FOX news... How many people lost ( a lot of) money, health, limbs and so on, on the advice of the "experts" on the MSM? Why there are no threads about coke light, Corn Flakes, Banksters products financing the MSM news and so many on AJ's "orangine stuff"?
Well. I just try to see where is the COMMON SENSE here...

If you would like to discuss this post please do: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Exxon Valdez oil spill in Alaska? Was it harmless as the MSM wanted us to believe? Have you got wind of all settlements they had to pay to shut up people? Or is it just his style that you does not like? Is Ventura the problem?
Is it because he retracted some of his stuff? Every news Medium does it from time to time (provided they have some character left).
I think you should post the link to what you are referring to, and try to present a more rational analyses of the facts...
It's very difficult to get what is your point, if you spin it that much... Maybe you should show the takes from whatever news network you consider that did a good work as a contrast show case... Just to compare and get a better idea... Just saying...
The bottom line is simple, you go back to the year of 89, to give an example of what AJ's work is ALL about and don't even bother to give us (uninformed Joes and Janes) the original stuff (link) you are referring to?
Don't take me wrong, but it's a little bit lacking on substance, if you ask me...
I will gig a little bit more, but I'd be thankful if you could share more of your knowledge.

Best Regards

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Originally posted by sidLives
I just can not understand the amount of energy that people put bashing this guy...

Thats not bashing him. Its simply the truth.

The man isn't out there to save the world, he's out there to make a living by intimating that he is.

Truth and opinion are two different things, and again he is not in the SAVING THE WORLD BUSINESS he is raising issues... INFORMATION and POINT of VIEW...
Ok guys...
I'm tired and out of here

Best regards to trolls and non trolls out there

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Thanks.

I used my previous post on another, older, thread to attempt to illustrate a point.

The point is this, Jones twists and distorts information to further his own agenda(whatever that maybe).

Please youtube the Ventura show in question and watch the segment where Jones appears with his 'info'.

As I have stated in my old post, I went to the trouble of researching the information Jones presents, and found that he was lying, not only that, he was parroting a lie originally broadcast by CNN.

Was it a big lie? Was it a huge disinformation op? Well, again we arrive at the crux of my argument, a lie is a lie. Jones does this kind of thing all the time, and it makes me continuously question his motives. And, yes much to the chagrin of his admirers, I will try to alert people to his subtle subterfuge. What I cannot decide is whether he is just an egotistical nut who loves attention, an actual disinfo agent, or simply a greedy person on the make(possibly all the above).

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   

What happened to Integrity Randyvs? Honesty? Professionalism?

You must mean like the honesty and professionalism the MSM hold up so high ?

What kind of stupidity is that ? And if you want to start sling'in mud you got the right member pard.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Nah I'm not about to get involved in a mud slinger with you Randyvs.

You can see my point(I think), and you don't agree, I don't have a problem with that.

And yeah the MSM are full of it, but that doesn't mean that Jones is an honest hack, like I've stated in the past when it suits him Jones will source his info straight from the MSM, even if that parroted info is not truthful

This debate may become heated but I don't mean any disrespect towards you.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:47 PM
link   

So we are then at that point where we both see the high road as agreeing to disagree and leave from this premise with respect for one another ? I'm good with that if you are ?

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

For sure

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Looking back I may have been a little harsh. Things in this country are so over the top and I'm not looking for an excuse I just hope to explain a bit. There just aren't a lot of A J's out there so I kind of feel I have to defend those that are. I just hate seeing what's going on here with us Americans. I'm pretty damn worried.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
I've never been able to get rid of the feeling that this guy is an operative of some sort. Bill Cooper tipped us off that AJ was a shill.. and to this day, I think he was probably correct

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I hear you.

I hope things work out ok for you, for all of us.

It concerns me that people are not vigilant enough. But I have to be honest, the truth of the matter is that AJ does fulfill a role, and whether I like him or not there are positive aspects to the role he plays. I've always been a sucker for detail though, and I personally know a couple of people who take AJ word for word and I don't like the way one of them is now practically a nervous wreck, so I do have my bias.

Anyway, peace and salutations.

posted on Jan, 6 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
After hearing a clip of his December 31, 1999 show and then taking the time to listen to that entire show, I realized that he is not a government agent or a true believer in his purported cause; he's the PT Barnum of the day.

I was a fan of his show and a year ago something caused me to begin to wonder if he was the face of a government info gathering program to identify both potential threats and the unbalanced. I read countless articles, board posts, blog entries and watched a bunch of YouTube videos on the topic. I concluded that he is not a government agent. I began to listen to him in a different way and noticed his rigid control of both callers and guests that almost seemed uncomfortable and nervous constantly talking over both and such.

The most disappointing thing that he has recently done is the highly questionable health and nutrition products and the questionable claims made about these inferior products.

So imo, he's no government agent he's just someone smart enough to see a void in the niche marketplace of all things conspiracy and was and continues to be focused on this audience and, more importantly, their disposable income. I think it's all about the Benjamin's and not about belief.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabhac-rua
reply to post by randyvs

It concerns me that people are not vigilant enough.

Me too... But still, I don't see any reason to go on a gang rape spree against on single individual of the size of AJ. There are much worse evil out there.

It really looks like a LYNCH MOB practicing some witch hunt for some obscure reason.

Why some of the VIGILANTES do not spend a little bit of this energy on the likes of RUPERT MURDOCH and TED TURNER?
These are the guys that have been promoting jobs exports, home foreclosures, illegal wars, corrupt politicians, bail outs, criminal BANKSTERS and soul less too big to fail CORPORATIONS.
At the same time that they dumb the people down with their tasteless media entertainment.

AJ is a little guy that does not deserve that much(kind of) attention.
I also don't put my hand on fire for AJ, but what is going on here is definitely blown out of proportion...

But I have to be honest, the truth of the matter is that AJ does fulfill a role, and whether I like him or not there are positive aspects to the role he plays.

...And he is not the source of the problems we citizens of the world face...

I've always been a sucker for detail though, and I personally know a couple of people who take AJ word for word and I don't like the way one of them is now practically a nervous wreck, so I do have my bias.

Now, I'd love to see your take on the real Darth Vader (R.Murdoch)...
What ever,
Was nice to chat with you
Best regards
+spark
edit on 7-1-2013 by sidLives because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Alex Jones = Agitprop.

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Alex Jones = Agitprop.

If you say so... That must be the TRUUUUUUUUTH
LOL

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Can you say he is actually helping in any way? Or do his ravings make all other questioners marginalized by association?

posted on Jan, 7 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack

Can you say he is actually helping in any way? Or do his ravings make all other questioners marginalized by association?

Everyone has the right to decide by himself... That's not the issue here.

edit on 7-1-2013 by sidLives because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join