It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there government disinformation agents on ATS?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

we are all decision makers as consumers and voters

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I think it happens more than what you would think

I am curious why this is in the aliens and ufo's forum though... are disinfo agents aliens now?

edit on 9-7-2012 by OpinionatedB because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vandelay Industries
Hi everybody, I often hear people say on ATS that government/military disinformation agents are on here, and that they post stuff to throw us off track. Does anybody have some examples of specific posts or threads that are widely suspected to be of this nature?

I am very curious about this possibility. If this is in any way true, would we ever be able to prove it? I posted this in the aliens section because this is my main section of interest, and I see this often here. Best wishes, Chris.

Yes, they are here... ready and willing to combat ignorance with disinformation that plays on such. Am I one? Maybe. Does it matter? Considering the supposed motto of 'Deny Ignorance' is implied when conversing on ATS, any 'disinformation' lends itself available to deconstruction by the public.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by cripmeister

Thanks crip.....I feel honored that I made an enough of an impression to warrant someone to remember me. To be honest, I don't pay much attention to who I'm arguing with. This serves me well as I don't end up pigeon-holing people who I might have - at later date - a conversation with and glean something profound because of their unique viewpoint.

Autowrench and Destinyone are both in this category for me. Both, have me sometimes slapping me forehead in disdain and at other times(far more than the former) come up with some truly brilliant posts that I have reread many times to glean their full meaning/viewpoint.

*Note....If any governments want to pay me to troll online, please leave me a message via ATS and we can work something out.

edit on 9/7/2012 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

To Add.....Got me.
I feel especially dumb as I even looked at the link before clicking and didn't twig. Kudos

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
dbl post

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diablos
... couldn't care less...

I just gave you a star for getting this right.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003
reply to post by Diablos

www.wikispooks.org...

US Airforce has created cyber troll accounts .

www.guardian.co.uk...
edit on 9-7-2012 by ludwigvonmises003 because: (no reason given)

Wow. Great finds. I don't feel that surprised I suppose, but the fact that it is freely available information seems shocking. 200 million for that OEV program!

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

*Note....If any governments want to pay me to troll online, please leave me a message via ATS and we can work something out.

Due to recent issues concerning the privacy of our communications using private messaging on ATS, we are currently entertaining the possibility of using cell phone communication. As well, there is much interest circulating a round the office about using the US postal service for such endeavors. Please provide your phone number, mailing address and social security number(conformation) in a reply, and we will try to get back to you as soon as possible.

Thank you for inquiring about positions available with in the ***. We look forward to further communications, and your willingness to sacrifice your time for the security of your nation that will undoubtedly not go unnoticed.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by FractalChaos13242017

Classic.

I've got a bigger problem though.....I told my wife and now she wants her cut

John Doe-Smith

123 Short Court. Metropolis.

555-87655 (555-TROLL)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Hello government shills, pawns of the oppressors, paid naziesque propaganda slimes! We are full aware of your sad attempts to sway the minds of those already awake to your pitiful tricks and lies. You are the epitomy of an exercise in futility. Know this and be aware...you will not live forever. Some day you will die and leave this reality for the next, and so will I. And rest assured I will find you in the afterlife and kick you square in the taint. That is all...carry on ...

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by cripmeister
reply to post by Vandelay Industries

Check out the posts by this character. Clearly driving an agenda on behalf of TPTB!

Well, blow me down. I never thought I would be picked out in any thread on ATS let alone a thread like this. I cant believe this.

cripmeister[; you have definately got the wrong end of the stick mate. I'm regarded as a conspiracy nutcase by my family and they reckon I'm dead boring because of it. The last thing I'm interested in sticking up for rich and powerful, why on earth would I want to do that??

Make a note of the time I have made this post, it's 2.30 in the afternoon where I am and I'm at home because I lost my Just Over Broke (JOB) last week. I'm not eleigible for any welfare payments because I'm over the limit in terms of financial resources the goverment permits us to have before we be come eleigible for welfare payments. Do you think I'm happy about that?? We are now living off our savings and you reckon i'm in the busieness of supporting the TPTB?????

I have just finished watching the presentations on 911 that were presented in Vancover in June this year and decided to visit ATS to see whats new and I open this thread and bugger, me here I find a link to my profile and I cant beleive its me being referred to.

Tell you one thing, It's good to know someone reads my posts, I didin't think anyone did.

Me barracking for TPTB? I don't think so mate, your a long way off the mark there. Far out; I cant believe it

I only read this post to see if someone has pointed the OP to the ATS video where johnny Annynomous reads out a post by someone who quotes some US goverment bloke who recommended that the US goverment put people on these chat rooms to undermine the conspiracy movement. I would post the link to it but I cant find it, It was a couple of years ago now but I'm sure you will find it for the ATS'ers for me; cheers

edit on 9-7-2012 by learnatic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
It should not matter too much.

There are 'actors.' They are everywhere.
There are networks. They do exist, do not doubt it.

Evaluate your information carefully, stand your ground with careful, independent thought.
Keep your eyes open and you will see it for what it is.

link   

Haha. What?! Accusing me of TPTB?
What does that mean? LOL

link   

Originally posted by cripmeister
reply to post by Vandelay Industries

Check out the posts by this character. Clearly driving an agenda on behalf of TPTB!

I'm flattered

Mind you I AM an admitted shill (although still have yet to receive any kind of payment for it).

All joking aside, the one forum that's often made me wonder is the 9/11 forum. There seems to be people who post there to debunk exclusively (and no where else). It's the only subject they discuss, and they only do so with a singular agenda.

But I'm skeptical enough to chalk that up as me being paranoid

edit on 9-7-2012 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DeadSeraph

What's TPTB?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExploitedAliens

What's TPTB?

"The Powers That Be"

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by ExploitedAliens

Haha. What?! Accusing me of TPTB?
What does that mean? LOL

His link just leads you back to your own profile (regardless of who clicks it, it takes them to their own profile). He was just kidding/messing with the original poster.
edit on 9-7-2012 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Wow. What an a**hole lol.
edit on 04/01/2012 by ExploitedAliens because: Wrong comment.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Lol at people not catching on to Cripmeister's post.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Short answer: No.

Long answer: Quit being paranoid. Don't believe everything you hear, and use your own discernment.

(Besides, revealing the disinfo agents identities are against the T&Cs.)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join