Report: How Richard Falk Misuses his UN Human Rights Council Mandate to Promote the 9/11 Conspiracy

page: 1
4
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Richard Falk wrote the foreword to the David Ray Griffin book [The New Pearl Harbor]. He made some statements about the middle east affairs in the past that the neocons didn't appreciate. Now some people are demanding that he be removed from the Human Rights Watch's Santa Barbara Committee.

In my opinion he hasn't done anything except exercise his right to free speech. But it seems like he is taking a lot of heat in part for being associated with Griffin.

Recently this type of issue came up in another thread where I make a point that people help out friends even if that might appear immoral or unethical or just straight up wrong.

In this article it states that Griffin had trouble publishing his book and his friend Richard Falk helped him out. And now taking a lot of criticism for it.


9/11 denier should be ousted from Human Rights Watch




So I want to discuss two issues in this thread

1 -Why is it so difficult to talk publicly about 9/11 if you don't agree with the official explanation without risking your career? and

2 - Do you believe that his friendship with Griffin should be used against him?




posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by maxella1
 


So it's obvious that if we are not allowed to talk about 9-11 , one of the biggest disasters and mistakes that was allowed to happen on American soil, while some in office refused to listen to intel from most spy agencies around. And then when people do talk about it, they are ousted and counted as an outcast, which proves a more further point, that American values and Democracy is being ruined and destroyed, by being intimidated from speaking up about inconsistancies or irreversible consequences that they may see on daily basis. SO as of know it seems that America is no longer home of the "FREE", but home of the Bullying and intimidating politicians, lawyers, police, and whoever else I missed and they know they should be listed. Why should we be allowed to be bullied so they can spend unsurmountable amounts of funds to pilfer for all their side deals and schemes, that we "The public" should have a know and say in, but doesn't ever? How is this blacklisting over wanting a better investigation a bad thing? Proves that they are hiding their bull# the best they can!



posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
1) A lot of money was made off of it. Look how much more in debt the nation is. Remember it's borrowed money at an interest. It also led the way to rights being stripped away under the guise of national security.

2) No, that's just a slanderous tactic.



posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by maxella1
 


The difficulty in talking about 911 comes from our overall world view, specifically our view of our government.

If you start to cast doubt on peoples firmly held beliefs they become defensive. All sorts of gymnastics and contortions are summoned to hold onto that belief because the alternative is going to hurt on a level that reaches all the way into your soul. And there's no going back to who you were before.

Yes, he's being attacked for his relationship with a know nonbeliever.



posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
There is not enough information in the video to determine one way or another whether the criticisms of this man are valid or not...

He kept insisting that he hasn't researched enough to have an opinion one way or another other than he's skeptical. OK, nothing seriously wrong with that on the surface, but if he actively supports anything Griffin has to say he needs to be FIRED! Based on what he says in the video he's likely basing his skepticism on Griffin's crap, yet he insists he hasn't come to any conclusion on the events themselves... If that's the truth he is a fool for supporting Griffin's material in the first place no matter how much he respects his previous Theological views and material prior to Griffin's release of his 9/11 hogwash.

Griffin's Debunking 9/11 Debunking is full of false information. In fact, EVERY CLAIM Griffin's makes in this book is FALSE except the date...

Every single day someone in this Forum quotes something from Griffin's material. The implications of that are far reaching and are destructive in nature...

Don't misinterpret what I've said. There is nothing wrong with asking questions, but there is something wrong with ignoring legitimate, well reasoned, and logical explanations. Personal incredulity and ignorance of the issues are not legitimate reasons to reject credible answers and continue a bickering discussion. I see very few legitimate questions nowadays. It's usually statements disguised as leading questions indicating a predisposition to rejecting any answer given along with frequent accusations of lying thrown in for good measure.

Questions and discussion of 9/11 issues has become a "Treasonous indoor sport" for internet junkies who call themselves "truthers". It is wrong and Griffin's material is one of the very reasons the perverted sport exists.

Simply based on what he says in the video there is insufficient evidence to call for his removal, but I suspect it's not the full story....



posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinityoreilly
reply to post by maxella1
 


The difficulty in talking about 911 comes from our overall world view, specifically our view of our government.

If you start to cast doubt on peoples firmly held beliefs they become defensive. All sorts of gymnastics and contortions are summoned to hold onto that belief because the alternative is going to hurt on a level that reaches all the way into your soul. And there's no going back to who you were before.

Yes, he's being attacked for his relationship with a know nonbeliever.



You say that he should be attacked for his friend? Did I understand you correctly ?



posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
1/ There is a lot of growing international pressure and animosity going on around the world because of these events. Syria is showing not to be the push over Libya was and tension continues to build between Israel and Iran with the EU, US, Russia, China and others all starting to get pulled into this simmering conflict. International discussions are doomed to fail until the real facts and issues can be talked about. If Hillary Clinton and the others want to continue pushing their weight around while remaining blind to what is really going on, then this situation is just going to continue to get hotter. In the interest of international respect, civility and relations this topic must be talked about. Otherwise this hole that is continually being dug deeper and deeper is looking ready to collapse soon for all of us.

2/ For those that choose to use this relationship against him identifies where their allegiance is.



posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Yes, he's being attacked.

As far as whether he should be attacked for his relationship with Girffin, I don't know enough about Griffin and his stances to make that call.

It seemed like half the press crew attacked while the other have was apologetic. Interesting times we live in when just your associations can cause you major trouble.



posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reheat
He kept insisting that he hasn't researched enough to have an opinion one way or another other than he's skeptical. OK, nothing seriously wrong with that on the surface, but if he actively supports anything Griffin has to say he needs to be FIRED! Based on what he says in the video he's likely basing his skepticism on Griffin's crap, yet he insists he hasn't come to any conclusion on the events themselves... If that's the truth he is a fool for supporting Griffin's material in the first place no matter how much he respects his previous Theological views and material prior to Griffin's release of his 9/11 hogwash.

Griffin's Debunking 9/11 Debunking is full of false information. In fact, EVERY CLAIM Griffin's makes in this book is FALSE except the date...



Thanks for that assessment of Griffin. I've now seen enough of you that I really do value your opinion for being the opposite of the truth. My confidence that he is dead nuts right about everything is now solidified exponentially.



posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Sounds like he is a truther not a denier. Also sounds like a lame attempt to draw avparallel to holocaust deniers. Its a blog. I guess its common for bloggers to spin over the top rethoric and call each other antisemites.



posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Reheat
 





Questions and discussion of 9/11 issues has become a "Treasonous indoor sport" for internet junkies who call themselves "truthers". It is wrong and Griffin's material is one of the very reasons the perverted sport exists.


I find this a little disturbing....



posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by SimontheMagus

Originally posted by Reheat
He kept insisting that he hasn't researched enough to have an opinion one way or another other than he's skeptical. OK, nothing seriously wrong with that on the surface, but if he actively supports anything Griffin has to say he needs to be FIRED! Based on what he says in the video he's likely basing his skepticism on Griffin's crap, yet he insists he hasn't come to any conclusion on the events themselves... If that's the truth he is a fool for supporting Griffin's material in the first place no matter how much he respects his previous Theological views and material prior to Griffin's release of his 9/11 hogwash.

Griffin's Debunking 9/11 Debunking is full of false information. In fact, EVERY CLAIM Griffin's makes in this book is FALSE except the date...



Thanks for that assessment of Griffin. I've now seen enough of you that I really do value your opinion for being the opposite of the truth. My confidence that he is dead nuts right about everything is now solidified exponentially.


Well, that was an unnecessary post. I already had determined how you get your information. It is quite obvious... If you like the person or dislike as the case may be that allows you to determine whether it's the truth or not... Also, if the person says what you want to hear it's inherently accurate enough for you without applying critical thinking skills. Yea, I know.. It's quite obvious based on what you write. Many others here at this site do the same thing... Some are just not smart enough and some don't have the knowledge or education to discern what's right and what's garbage... It's quite a common problem. That's largely why the small number of "truthers" that remain actually exist. They feed the con artists and soothsayers interested in making $$ to finance their lifestyle or in some cases their retirement... In other cases they feed those striving for attention while looking for their 15 minutes of fame... Those are just some of the reasons "truthers" exist. I'm, sure there are a few others, but the above covers the vast majority...



posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by maxella1
reply to post by Reheat
 





Questions and discussion of 9/11 issues has become a "Treasonous indoor sport" for internet junkies who call themselves "truthers". It is wrong and Griffin's material is one of the very reasons the perverted sport exists.


I find this a little disturbing....


You ought to... If the shoe fits......

I'm sure you don't understand, but the perps who espouse an "inside job" with no credible evidence of such while accusing everyone and their brother of being in on the conspiracy it is the equivalent to "giving aid and comfort to the enemy". It simply denies that there are thousands of people around the world who's sole existence for living is to kill Americans. They have widely advertised this for over 15 years and they advertise it when they are successful. Yes, that should give you food for disturbing thoughts...



posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reheat
Well, that was an unnecessary post.

No, it was not. You made this ridiculous statement:


Griffin's Debunking 9/11 Debunking is full of false information. In fact, EVERY CLAIM Griffin's makes in this book is FALSE except the date...


And that required a response. Yes, I was being sarcastic. It doesn't mean I believe every word he says is gospel. Other readers picked up on my sarcasm, but in typical falser fashion, you use it to call me a mindless dweeb incapable of thinking for myself. You said:




I already had determined how you get your information. It is quite obvious... If you like the person or dislike as the case may be that allows you to determine whether it's the truth or not... Also, if the person says what you want to hear it's inherently accurate enough for you without applying critical thinking skills. Yea, I know.. It's quite obvious based on what you write. Many others here at this site do the same thing... Some are just not smart enough and some don't have the knowledge or education to discern what's right and what's garbage... It's quite a common problem.


You know what you did here. This is standard Falser diatribe to make critically thinking people think they are part of a lunatic fringe of lemmings when the opposite is true. You defend the OS.. It's easy to defend the OS, because that puts you right in the mainstream with all the other lemmings who walk around with their eyes ears and mouths plugged up, which is exactly what the neocons want. It's the critical thinkers who make the trouble for them, and that's why they hire guys like David Zelikow to do the psy-ops. People like you then follow up and try to round up those who escape from the pen.



That's largely why the small number of "truthers" that remain actually exist. They feed the con artists and soothsayers interested in making $$ to finance their lifestyle or in some cases their retirement... In other cases they feed those striving for attention while looking for their 15 minutes of fame...
We all know there are con artists who capitalize on the truth movement. I have personally never paid one nickel to anybody for information related to 911, and I don't know anyone who has. Unfortunately though, many do. That doesn't make everyone in the truth movement a charlatan. It just gives guys like you an opportunity to trash an entire group based on the misdeeds of a few.

It isn't fooling anyone. It might fool people on the outside who don't read sites like this but instead read Time and Newsweek. But here? Nobody is buying it unless they're in your camp, and we all know full and well that you guys aren't changing your mind anytime soon no matter what evidence is presented to you. Your agenda is unwavering, and all we can do is wonder if you really believe your own lies.

Personally I highly doubt you do.
edit on 9-7-2012 by SimontheMagus because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Lets face facts, 9/11 was definately an inside job, everyone knows it but no one has the power to do anything about it at the moment for as a society we are in disarray which is what the NWO who carried out 9/11 want.

Anyone with any influence or anyone who has the capability to get large numbera fo people on side against the 9/11 perps will be attacked and bought down.

The reason why they have got away with 9/11 is because every person who wields power in the USA, that would be police chiefs, those who run the feds and the CIA are all in on it. These criminal leaders have been installed in positions of power over the last 50 years or so.

Since they run everything and the minions must follow order from them then there is no chance of getting power back.

Those who have power and who blow the whistle are either imprisoned or killed.

Those who dont have power eho blow the whistle, well the criminals who are in power couldnt give a s**t about them.



posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Reheat
 





I'm sure you don't understand, but the perps who espouse an "inside job" with no credible evidence of such while accusing everyone and their brother of being in on the conspiracy it is the equivalent to "giving aid and comfort to the enemy".


I totally disagree with this, but guess who agrees with you...

Al Qaeda slams Iran for peddling 9/11 conspiracy theories





posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by maxella1
reply to post by Reheat
 





I'm sure you don't understand, but the perps who espouse an "inside job" with no credible evidence of such while accusing everyone and their brother of being in on the conspiracy it is the equivalent to "giving aid and comfort to the enemy".


I totally disagree with this, but guess who agrees with you...

Al Qaeda slams Iran for peddling 9/11 conspiracy theories


Thank-you for proving my point. The Iranian propaganda machine promotes conspiracy theories in order to cause dissension within the US population and to indoctrinate their own population. Al Qaeda resents this because they want the credit. "Truthers", some intentionally promote the "inside job" canard in order to cause dissension, as well. Perhaps some of this is unintended, but much of it is intentional... Guess what? That places "truthers" directly in the camp of both Iran and Al Qaeda. This is precisely why I say that 9/11 has become a "Treasonous indoor sport" for the greatest majority of "truthers".



posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reheat

Originally posted by maxella1
reply to post by Reheat
 





I'm sure you don't understand, but the perps who espouse an "inside job" with no credible evidence of such while accusing everyone and their brother of being in on the conspiracy it is the equivalent to "giving aid and comfort to the enemy".


I totally disagree with this, but guess who agrees with you...

Al Qaeda slams Iran for peddling 9/11 conspiracy theories


Thank-you for proving my point. The Iranian propaganda machine promotes conspiracy theories in order to cause dissension within the US population and to indoctrinate their own population. Al Qaeda resents this because they want the credit. "Truthers", some intentionally promote the "inside job" canard in order to cause dissension, as well. Perhaps some of this is unintended, but much of it is intentional... Guess what? That places "truthers" directly in the camp of both Iran and Al Qaeda. This is precisely why I say that 9/11 has become a "Treasonous indoor sport" for the greatest majority of "truthers".



Obviously I don't know who you are and what your background is... But when I read your post it seems like you are not American and/or completely ignorant to what American values are. You describe the former Soviet Union, or China, North Koria..... You are free to talk your mind in America as far as I know it's not a crime to question your government.



posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by maxella1
 


No one to my knowledge has criticized anyone at all about questioning the Government. There is however a limit and it's not the questions that matter anyway, it's the refusal to accept answers. Why I accuse most "truthers" of Treasonous activity is not because of questions, but because of callous accusation with absolutely no credible evidence at all...just innuendo and suspicion. "9/11 was an inside job" is the best example. It's all over this Forum, sometimes with no other comments. I don't blame you for being disturbed about it. You ought to be very, very disturbed because I've described it for what it is...."Treason as an indoor sport".



posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reheat
reply to post by maxella1
 


No one to my knowledge has criticized anyone at all about questioning the Government. There is however a limit and it's not the questions that matter anyway, it's the refusal to accept answers. Why I accuse most "truthers" of Treasonous activity is not because of questions, but because of callous accusation with absolutely no credible evidence at all...just innuendo and suspicion. "9/11 was an inside job" is the best example. It's all over this Forum, sometimes with no other comments. I don't blame you for being disturbed about it. You ought to be very, very disturbed because I've described it for what it is...."Treason as an indoor sport".


Please clarify it for me because I think I understand what you're saying but I'm not sure.

When people say things like "9/11 was an inside job" as far as you're concerned that is treason ?






top topics



 
4
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join