It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HIV and O- BLOOD TYPE

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
EVERY BIT OF INFORMATION I HAVE RESEARCHED claims rh- blood type cannot contract hiv either they are wrong or i do not have hiv for which i have been on medication for 7 years however i have not been sick not even a cold in 7 years since i have been on the medication im just wondering if im just part of an experiment or something i get my blood work done every 6 months andfor 6 years i have been undetectable im just stumped can anyone shed any light on this subject? someone who knows what there talking about.
question: if i am o- how can i have hiv if the doctors say it is impossible
edit on 8-7-2012 by stealthmonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by stealthmonkey
EVERY BIT OF INFORMATION I HAVE RESEARCHED claims rh- blood type cannot contract hiv either they are wrong or i do not have hiv for which i have been on medication for 7 years however i have not been sick not even a cold in 7 years since i have been on the medication im just wondering if im just part of an experiment or something i get my blood work done every 6 months andfor 6 years i have been undetectable im just stumped can anyone shed any light on this subject? someone who knows what there talking about.
question: if i am o- how can i have hiv if the doctors say it is impossible
edit on 8-7-2012 by stealthmonkey because: (no reason given)

Didnt know certaint blood types were resistent to HIV, further research i will do, then i will return back with insight.. BRB

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

perpetuated on the internet stating such comments as "O- (Blood type O rh negative) people are somehow "immune" to HIV. Actually, the inverse has been shown:

Blood type O is more susceptible to HIV infection (type B is less infective), whereas Rh - groups do show more resistance to infection than Rh + groups.

To believe that if one is O- (or any supposed "immune" blood type), is absolutely dangerous belief and could cause one to be lax in their own health, set them up for HIV infection, a lifetime of expensive drug regimes and possible early death due to AIDS. Additionally, there are countless different strains of HIV, and the virus mutates rapidly.

ALWAYS be protective of your health. Though one blood type may show more or less infectivity, they are all still shown to be infective by HIV. Resistance or susceptibility to HIV is multifactorial (blood type, receptor type, highly pathogenic strain of HIV, etc.) So the answer to your question is "Yes," you may be O- and STILL contract HIV.

Source: wiki.answers.com...

So it seems some blood types are more resistant, but ALL blood types can contract HIV / AIDS
edit on 7/8/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I hope that you find out you are not HIV positive. It would be one heck of a lawsuit to file. If you are however, I wish you the best of luck. I've heard of a treatment (cure perhaps) for HIV. It comes from one who was banned however, and I can't mention his name. I'll send you a private message so you can look into it yourself.

The message is there now, so don't forget to check. Hope the links help...
edit on 7/8/2012 by visualmiscreant because: update

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

In order to further the thead the TC should post some sources for his claims, and good job star for you on beating me to the punch, although wiki is usually correct, i wouldnt mind hearing the TC'S side of the story to how he believes his blood type is resistent and more information on the stage of his disease/time infected/current health situation is needed, i am very interested and unfortunately HAVE done some major research on HIV AN HEP C already due to ME having some close calls but actually got off scott free (think of the movie trainspotting)
edit on 8-7-2012 by Blissified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthmonkey

I hope you get your answers soon. I find that both odd and concerning.

I was typed when I joined the military as O-Neg and even had four knee surgeries while in. To my surprise, when I had my fifth surgery, done by a civilian to fix the earlier mistakes, I found that I now have B-Neg.

How is that possible?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I have found no reliable, scientific evidence anywhere that being Rh negative protects anyone from developing AIDS. None. There is no credible science to back up this claim.

So for anyone out there who is Rh negative, please take all of the usual precautions. You get no protection from having this blood type. Which isn't surprising when you think about it.

From a scientific point of view, it would be really weird if having Rh negative blood did give protection. After all, Rh negative has to do with red blood cells and AIDS has to do with white blood cells. It is very hard (although not impossible) to come up with ways for something in red blood cells to affect AIDS.

i have to question this entire thread when you claim you have done research, it takes all of 2 minutes online to prove that all blood types are at risk for hiv.

i smell a troll.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I'm sorry that you have HIV/AIDS. I've always wondered how magic Johnson has AIDS and can go to so many basketball games and never catch a cold. It would be impossible to be around so many people and not contract an illness. What exactly does he take for his AIDS? I wonder what his answer is.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gixxer
I have found no reliable, scientific evidence anywhere that being Rh negative protects anyone from developing AIDS. None. There is no credible science to back up this claim.

So for anyone out there who is Rh negative, please take all of the usual precautions. You get no protection from having this blood type. Which isn't surprising when you think about it.

From a scientific point of view, it would be really weird if having Rh negative blood did give protection. After all, Rh negative has to do with red blood cells and AIDS has to do with white blood cells. It is very hard (although not impossible) to come up with ways for something in red blood cells to affect AIDS.

i have to question this entire thread when you claim you have done research, it takes all of 2 minutes online to prove that all blood types are at risk for hiv.

i smell a troll.

Perhaps the whole RH- issue is due to a vague misunderstanding of immunology.

The RH or Rhesus factor of blood typing is due to an intolerance to the blood of other non-human primates, specifically Rhesus Monkeys. For instance a Rhesus with O type blood could not give blood to someone who is O type, but RH-.

HIV is believed to have evolved from similar strains of virii that infect apes. This (assumed) precursor family of virii are generally classed as SIV (or Simian Immunodeficiency Virus).

The confusion could have been that the OP believed the negative RH factor shows a different genetic predisposition than RH+ because they are apparently 'less related to an ape'.

While there is no-doubt a correlation between genetics and RH factor tolerance, it is going too far to assume that a negative Rhesus factor gives any protection from HIV. If such were the case, it would have been pursued more fully in a search for the cure.

edit on 8/7/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
ok i dated a stripper when i was 19-21 years old at 22 i gave blood they told me i had hiv but i was in denial and never went to the doctors a few years later i herd that she died from complications of pneumonia a few years after that at around 26 i got really weak my hands and feet turned blue i couldnt hardly lift my own weight i was 5'11 150 lbs and very athletic but it got to the point i couldnt even get out of bed to take a piss so i decided it was time to go to the doctors or die i chose the doctor my t cells was 16 and they said my viral load was over 400,000 i was knocking on deaths door at this time . i was diagnosed with pneumonia and i thought back to my ex gf dieing of complications and thought well this is it but i wasnt going to let it beat menentally i was fine considering faceing death but anyways after a week in the hospital and some antibiotics to get thepneumonia under controll i went home and in a month my strength was back and i felt like a new person after i started taking the meds

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

B blood group is less susceptible to Aids or HIV probably because the numbers of this blood group is 10% of the world's population (AB is 2%). The highest single concentration of B blood group are found in Iraq & Israel (males are circumcised) while there are small pockets of B blood group found in one part of Japan, China and Mongolia where HIV is rare. Yes there are Caucasians with B blood group however a majority of Caucasians & Indigenous tribes are A blood group. B blood group in actual fact originated from the ancient semetic tribes.

The highest concentration of O blood group are Africans.

Although O negative is rare, AB & B negative is far more rarer.

Each blood group has it's own unique anti-bodies meaning some groups are more susceptiable than others to disease and virus's.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

dont most people not even feal HIV SYMPTOMS for years and years? so this seems pretty normal also, if the HIV Isn;t full blown aids, then i believe u shouldnt have died from pnumonia as your immune system is still intact. You gave us further information, have u been tested recently to see the virus progression? As it seems u say u feal fine which to what i know, is not uncommon for osmeone who has hiv. Hell ive heard story people living full lives with HIV not even knowing the had it till their were of old age and died of natural causes. (this is not too common i know) but some people can live wit hiv and have it not progress at all therefore not have any serious affecs from it..

Also TC, u dont use any opiates/opodis by any chance? reason im asking is these drugs can make even a teminly ill person feal like their fine ( i know trust me). Aand yes or no will suffice i KNOW the rules of this website drug use discussion is prohibited. This isnt a discussion on it, just a question.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Blissified

No i dont take any opiates i just smoke marijuana 2 or 3 times a day but thats because i have no appetite if i dont i cannot eat more than a couple bites of anything

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
no need to explain just be careful especailly marijuana use is taboo around here, unfortunately. So u have no appetite? i thought hte point of your thread was that you dont feal any symptoms? or am i missing somthing?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

I work in healthcare, but you are welcome to fact-check me. RH factor has no bearing on HIV immunity. There are people who are immune to HIV, it has nothing to do with blood type, it is due to a genetic mutation that effects their immune cells. Your viral load is undetectable because of the medications you are on. Having pneumonia which almost killed you is a sign that you are indeed HIV positive.

Do not go off your meds, I know it sucks and you want to cling to the fact you don't really have HIV, but I'm sorry, you do. You obviously have had difficulty coping with this, which is evident by your first reaction to deny it. In a way you are continuing down this path.

I can't possibly imagine what it must be like, but HIV is not the death sentence it once was. Keep yourself safe, keep those around you that you love safe. You can't live the life that is ahead of you until you confront this and deal with it. I wish you the best of luck.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Blissified

well i deal with my appetite by self medicating myself

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

yes i know i have hiv but this is a conspiracy site right ? i know hiv was invented by someone in the navy to get rid of certian people but im not one of those people come on i knows theres a cure they wouldnt release something that has no cure someone higher up on the food chain must be reading this help me out i wont tell anyone

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Just because this is a conspiracy site does not mean you should indulge in wild unfounded fantasies. HIV was not invented by the Navy, it has no target population it was "meant" to infect, there is no cure. All of those are symptoms of your not accepting your circumstances.

The history of HIV is well documented, including its' point of origin before arriving at the US. Someday in the near future I suspect there will be a cure.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

apparently theres a mushroom in china that kills the hiv virus and cancer its called the mushroom of immortality theres another name for it but cant remember the correct spelling for it most of the information i have presenter came from john lear i dont know how ceredible he is but ies a great story teller if nothing else
edit on 9-7-2012 by stealthmonkey because: (no reason given)

<<   2 >>

join