It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OP/ED: PRETEND TIME! Romney has won...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Well since Romney has won, uncertainty is a thing of the past, businesses have been released from their shackles and they finally start hiring again.

As a result, the economy begins to recover almost immediately.
This overnight recovery is so sudden that Obama takes credit for it.

Can't go wrong with this scenario, win-win for both the left and the right.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

So how long will democrats give Romney? Or will they be hipocrites?

He's got till Feb 19th 2013 before I personally get fitted for my tri-corner hat.

If I've learned anything from the Republican party over the past few years, it's that you can pretty much get away with anything so long as you scream "BUT THEY DID IT TOO/FIRST!" - I will gleefully use this to my advantage in the case of a Romney victory.

So how about you? You never did answer how long you'd give Romney before crying out that it's time to "take our country back"... assuming your contract get renewed in a post-election Romney America.
edit on 8-7-2012 by negativenihil because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjf3rd77
reply to post by negativenihil

If he can maintain control of the house senate for two years, I will give him that. But I can start criticizing Romney right away.

Please clarify something for me - do you feel it was appropriate for the media and so-called tea party to go on the offensive with President Obama after less than a month on the job?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
I give him six months and he'll have us out of debt.

So are you of the opinion the media and tea party should have given President Obama 6 months before attacking?

What will be your reaction when Romney hasn't gotten us out of debt after 6 months in office?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by negativenihil

So how long will democrats give Romney? Or will they be hipocrites?

He's got till Feb 19th 2013 before I personally get fitted for my tri-corner hat.

So how about you? You never did answer how long you'd give Romney before crying out that it's time to "take our country back"... assuming your contract get renewed in a post-election Romney America.

???
My contract?

And to answer your question, Day 1.

He'll get no breaks from me. I'll be as hard onthe Romney administration as I am with the Obama administration. As a conservative (registered indy) I'll hold the republicans feet to the fire just as much as I do with any administration.

The only difference is that republicans won't be able to whine about racism as the democrats did.
edit on 8-7-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I'll give Pres. Romney until his new war in the Mid East starts, probably Iran, and the protesters are sent to camps. He will bend to the will of the War Machine and make Obama look like a saint.
edit on 8-7-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Do you have a source for this claim? I think they were fueling the backlash from the horrid media attacks on any conservatives. In recent political times namely the entire Bush family, and Sarah Palin. So, the conservatives have a leg up to attack any liberal president!

It's not like the liberals listened to their complaints though. In fact, I seem to recall the tea party movement was formed when Obama started to get popular even BEFORE he was elected.

There is no line that you can draw when people start attacking the other side; it's constant!

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

???
My contract?

How much do you honestly expect Romney to get done by Jan 21st 2013? I mean... that's kinda crazy even in my opinion.

The only difference is that republicans won't be able to whine about racism as the democrats did.

They will always have the "religious intolerance" card to play when it comes to Romney, and I doubt you're naive enough to assume it wouldn't be used as needed. There ARE people in this world who do not care for the Mormon religion.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

???
My contract?

Come on Beezzer.

You know he is calling you a paid troll.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Do you have a source for this claim?

A link to a synopsis was provided in my original post. However, please allow me to save you the trouble:

Click Here!

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
So when Romney carries on the same agenda with the wars, clamping down on more of our freedoms, continued expansion of the police state, will you then admit that our country is done and the elections are a sham?

[

He'll get no breaks from me. I'll be as hard onthe Romney administration as I am with the Obama administration. As a conservative (registered indy) I'll hold the republicans feet to the fire just as much as I do with any administration.

edit on 8-7-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

???
My contract?

Come on Beezzer.

Hey you never know - there could be someone new behind that username at that point!

Stranger things HAVE happened here on ATS.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

As I've said in the past, there is no learning curve to a presidency. Obama and his supporters whined aboutthat for years!
Romney will get no breaks from me.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

???
My contract?

Come on Beezzer.

I wish! You mean people get paid for this?

Where to I sign up?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacobe001
So when Romney carries on the same agenda with the wars, clamping down on more of our freedoms, continued expansion of the police state, will you then admit that our country is done and the elections are a sham?

If Romney carries on in the same vein as Obama then I might.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

???
My contract?

Come on Beezzer.

Hey you never know - there could be someone new behind that username at that point!

Stranger things HAVE happened here on ATS.

The "sad bunny, beezzer" concept is trademarked and soley owned by the Diogenes Think Tank.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

But that has nothing to do with Conservatives attacking Obama personally just the entire liberal agenda!

Obama just happened to be the man in charge at the time.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

But that has nothing to do with Conservatives attacking Obama personally just the entire liberal agenda!

I wholeheartedly disagree (esp. after the vitriol the tea party events expressed towards the President - not to mention many of the rather racist signs, etc), but we both know the other won't budge, so let's just move on.

Obama just happened to be the man in charge at the time.

So we should expect the same sort of treatment towards Romney when (not if) things don't turn around in the first month after he's elected? I mean hey- it's nothing personal, he'd just be the man in charge at the time...

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

So we should expect the same sort of treatment towards Romney when (not if) things don't turn around in the first month after he's elected? I mean hey- it's nothing personal, he'd just be the man in charge at the time...

If a liberal or tea party (for that matter) uprising happens on Romney's watch that is more vocal than OWS was than I will be the first to apologize. Something tells me that they have already had their chance though, and ironically, OWS happened on Obama's watch. So what does that tell you?

Secondly, the tea party will likely get behind Romney (at least the most vocal and powerful members) since they are working towards ultimately the same goals.
edit on 9-7-2012 by jjf3rd77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

The whole point was that his stated goals/plans to fix the problem were obviously not going to work. And OH LOOK, they didn't. But even that is beside the point. I'm 100% certain that when Romney is elected there will be liberal groups protesting him from day 1. That's just the way things are and the way things are going to be for the foreseeable future. To Obama's credit he jumped right to work on the stimulus. When you go to work on day 1 on major pieces of legislation, expect opposition on day 1. That's the nature of politics.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join