It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

How To Look Your Best The Morning After Domestic Violence (Video)

page: 1
7

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I have to admit, this had me fooled. It's not a channel I would subscribe to so I probably would have missed it if it didn't pop up on Sympatico.ca as a viral video.

I would say that it shocked me when I thought it was real and that this woman was bringing attention to her plight. I fleetingly thought she was such a victim of domestic abuse that she was brainwashed to the point of accepting her situation and just wanted to spread her ideas of covering it up to other victims.

I'm so glad I was wrong on both counts!

She is a make-up artist that has over 140 million views on YT and tens of thousands of followers around the world. She is using her fame to spread the word in a very unique and powerful way by using her YT channel.

Thank you Lauren!


YouTube star Lauren Luke's powerful anti-domestic violence cover-up tutorial.

www.fashionist.ca...

YouTube makeup star Lauren Luke has joined forces with domestic violence charity Refuge and launched the powerful "Don't Cover It Up" campaign.

The 30-year-old make-up artist from South Tyneside, who is renowned for her fashionable make-up tutorials, posted a short, unsettling video on her YouTube channel www.youtube.com/panacea81 this week to help raise awareness of domestic violence. The mock beauty tutorial entitled "How To Look Your Best The Morning After," features Lauren delivering a make-up tutorial on how to cover up bruises.

The video's clear message: Don't hide domestic violence.



Peace




posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I just can't understand why women keep taking all that physical abuse from their mates.
They won't press charges officially, they won't rat them out to friends/family, they won't JUST LEAVE THE WACK-O and MOVE ON.

I can't even understand the mindset to beat my girlfriends/women in general.
What is so broken in a man that he feels relief or justification to beat a woman?

I've known many abused women and I have paid for the sins of others, because they took it and never gave it back, so when a passive guy like me comes along, I get whaled on hard. Some kind of psychological transference from being abused.

Abusing one person can affect many in the long run.



posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
The video's clear message: Don't hide domestic violence.



The video's clear message: Domestic violence only ever happens to women.



posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by jude11
The video's clear message: Don't hide domestic violence.



The video's clear message: Domestic violence only ever happens to women.


Don't remember seeing that in the vid.


And yes many of us know that men are also victims of abuse but don't report it because of a fear of ridicule, shame etc. Yes, it's been documented but...that's a different video.

Peace



posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by jude11
The video's clear message: Don't hide domestic violence.



The video's clear message: Domestic violence only ever happens to women.


Don't remember seeing that in the vid.


And yes many of us know that men are also victims of abuse but don't report it because of a fear of ridicule, shame etc. Yes, it's been documented but...that's a different video.

Peace

Or because we know we'll be the one arrested. My "dad" (who i havent spoken to in 3 years) thought it was ok to whoop my ass (as an adult). Guess who eventually was homeless and facing domestic violence charges at the same time? i got it dismissed though and have my ccw now......

Duality at its finest, thats all. And these men who beat women will eventually get their ass beat by a real man.



posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by jude11
The video's clear message: Don't hide domestic violence.



The video's clear message: Domestic violence only ever happens to women.


Don't remember seeing that in the vid.


And yes many of us know that men are also victims of abuse but don't report it because of a fear of ridicule, shame etc. Yes, it's been documented but...that's a different video.

Peace

Or because we know we'll be the one arrested. My "dad" (who i havent spoken to in 3 years) thought it was ok to whoop my ass (as an adult). Guess who eventually was homeless and facing domestic violence charges at the same time? i got it dismissed though and have my ccw now......

Duality at its finest, thats all. And these men who beat women will eventually get their ass beat by a real man.


Couldn't agree more!

Thank you.

Peace



posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
I just can't understand why women keep taking all that physical abuse from their mates.
They won't press charges officially, they won't rat them out to friends/family, they won't JUST LEAVE THE WACK-O and MOVE ON.

I can't even understand the mindset to beat my girlfriends/women in general.
What is so broken in a man that he feels relief or justification to beat a woman?

I've known many abused women and I have paid for the sins of others, because they took it and never gave it back, so when a passive guy like me comes along, I get whaled on hard. Some kind of psychological transference from being abused.

Abusing one person can affect many in the long run.


Abuse, no matter who it's aimed at scars everyone regardless of what anyone says. Take a look at the kids in abusive homes. Some will become victims in their adult lives, some will grow up to become the abusers.

Peace



posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 


Not enough can be said about this topic, I have to admit. And that video she made about this is good in that it gives the message in an "In your face" kind of way. A realism that's hard to ignore.

Bottom line....there is no excuse for a man harming a woman. Ever. If push comes to shove.....walk the f*** away.

youtu.be...




posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple
reply to post by jude11
 


Not enough can be said about this topic, I have to admit. And that video she made about this is good in that it gives the message in an "In your face" kind of way. A realism that's hard to ignore.

Bottom line....there is no excuse for a man harming a woman. Ever. If push comes to shove.....walk the f*** away.

youtu.be...



Had to bring the vid up front for you.


And yes, it is a topic that unfortunately will never go away...ever. That is who we are...Sadly.

Peace



posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 


Thanks for that Jude.......an oversight on my part.

And yeah, you're right, there will always be males who do this sort of thing. My father had that habit but, oddly enough, because of the effects that his behavior had on me, I never acquired that trait. Maybe because I was too young to see it but old enough to feel it.

Time's a funny thing.




posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple
reply to post by jude11
 


Thanks for that Jude.......an oversight on my part.

And yeah, you're right, there will always be males who do this sort of thing. My father had that habit but, oddly enough, because of the effects that his behavior had on me, I never acquired that trait. Maybe because I was too young to see it but old enough to feel it.

Time's a funny thing.



Yeah, my dad was heavy handed with words and fists as well.

The one thing it did for me growing up is that every time I recognized even a small trait in myself like the way he talked to people or even sat in a chair, I would recognize it as being like him and immediately do something to change it.

This was MY way of not growing up to be him. And it worked


Peace



posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 


We all leave a trail behind us. A legacy if you will. Does it ever make you wonder if you changed his legacy for him? We all pick up traits and mannerisms from our parents. Even the negative ones. For whatever reason, sometimes the parents can't change theirs even though they recognize them for what they are, and then we're born with what seems like the tail end of it. The part of that negative trait that's ready for a change.

That's the way it seems to me. Like I picked up where he left off.





How's your restaurant doing BTW? PM me if you want.



posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple
reply to post by jude11
 


We all leave a trail behind us. A legacy if you will. Does it ever make you wonder if you changed his legacy for him? We all pick up traits and mannerisms from our parents. Even the negative ones. For whatever reason, sometimes the parents can't change theirs even though they recognize them for what they are, and then we're born with what seems like the tail end of it. The part of that negative trait that's ready for a change.

That's the way it seems to me. Like I picked up where he left off.





How's your restaurant doing BTW? PM me if you want.


I don't think I changed his legacy at all. Those he hurt all through his life will never forget a very hateful man. That is a legacy that can never be changed.

The same as an abuser, can't change the pain of their victims and that's their legacy.

Abusers will ALWAYS be remembered as abusers...that's their legacy.

Peace



posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

I don't think I changed his legacy at all. Those he hurt all through his life will never forget a very hateful man. That is a legacy that can never be changed.

The same as an abuser, can't change the pain of their victims and that's their legacy.

Abusers will ALWAYS be remembered as abusers...that's their legacy.

Peace


That's true. And people like us take that legacy of violence, kill it, and show other people the half-life that it really has. Sometimes if you want to change something you have to kill it first. People like our fathers will always be remembered for the way they were, and people like us will be remembered for the way we are. The ones who took that cycle of violence and ended it. I look at it that way so I can take something positive out of it all.

I'm sure you know there are people out there who grew up in that kind of environment and continued on with it. People like that will continue to leave victims with a pain they can't change because they don't see people changing their ways. Some end up jaded with the attitude of "People never do the right thing." If they see the next generation getting better, that has to help ease their pain at least a little bit.

Anyway, we've been through that stuff and made it out OK. It's always good to make that kind of connection and it's good to see the public pieces like the one you posted still making the rounds.

As the saying goes....You get what you put in and people get what they deserve.






posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Funny thing is...
I know girls that get off, on being violently abused...

They don't feel comfortable in a relationship, unless the guy smacks them around



posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by 98yekiM
Funny thing is...
I know girls that get off, on being violently abused...

They don't feel comfortable in a relationship, unless the guy smacks them around


Each to their own but it's not funny at all.

If it's a fetish or fantasy, different. But the question remains...where does it stem from?

Quite often it's from an abusive family and again the legacy continues.

Peace



posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Abusers spend a great deal of time psychologically preparing a victim. Abusers tend to pick partners who already lack self esteem which makes the job of isolating them easier. Abusers will corral a victim, trapping them into a small controlled environment and often isolate the victim from friends and family. Victims are so belittled, humiliated and confused by the emotional abuse, they often blame themselves.

And there is financial control and social isolation. If there are children, it is all the more complicated. There are often terrible threats about what will happen if she tries to leave.This makes it easy for history to repeat itself, without realizing it.
peace,sugarcookie1



posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11
 

EDIT
Originally posted by 98yekiM
Funny thing is...
I know girls that get off, on being violently abused...

They don't feel comfortable in a relationship, unless the guy smacks them around



Each to their own but it's not funny at all.

If it's a fetish or fantasy, different. But the question remains...where does it stem from?

Quite often it's from an abusive family and again the legacy continues.

Peace

___________________________________________________________________

Now I think that is bull#...
I come from an abusive family, yet I have no intent to beat on a woman...

From my experiences, when I have girls 'whinging' to me that there man has beat on them again for the 45th time...
The man that they're seeing, think they own the world and that they're untouchable...

Fight fire with fire would actually be appropriate in this type of instance, where if a man beats on a woman, they should be thrown into a cage with a top UFC fighter, each and every incident...


edit on 9-7-2012 by 98yekiM because: Put in the quote of response to



posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by 98yekiM
reply to post by jude11
 

EDIT
Originally posted by 98yekiM
Funny thing is...
I know girls that get off, on being violently abused...

They don't feel comfortable in a relationship, unless the guy smacks them around



Each to their own but it's not funny at all.

If it's a fetish or fantasy, different. But the question remains...where does it stem from?

Quite often it's from an abusive family and again the legacy continues.

Peace

___________________________________________________________________

Now I think that is bull#...
I come from an abusive family, yet I have no intent to beat on a woman...

From my experiences, when I have girls 'whinging' to me that there man has beat on them again for the 45th time...
The man that they're seeing, think they own the world and that they're untouchable...

Fight fire with fire would actually be appropriate in this type of instance, where if a man beats on a woman, they should be thrown into a cage with a top UFC fighter, each and every incident...


edit on 9-7-2012 by 98yekiM because: Put in the quote of response to


Key Words: "Quite Often" not "Always"

Please don't read into something that isn't there. I also came from an abusive background so I too have the right for input on the subject.

Peace



new topics

top topics



 
7

log in

join