It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisiana Rep lawmaker shocked to find that moslem schools can use voucher system

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
OK - so there's a general and, IMO, jsutified belief that politicians are usually not het smartest cookies in the jar, but this one is pretty far gone.

Valarie Hodges admitted that when she supported Governor Bobby Jindal's school voucher program, she only did so because she assumed the religious school vouchers could only be used for Christian schools. Religious freedom means that everyone's free to follow Valarie Hodges' religion! She explains,

"I actually support funding for teaching the fundamentals of America's Founding Fathers' religion, which is Christianity, in public schools or private schools. I liked the idea of giving parents the option of sending their children to a public school or a Christian school."
- from here

Uh huh......soooo...what Valarie thinks is that x-ianity is perhaps the only religion ins the world? Or perhaps that Islam is not a religion??

the article is justifiably scathing about this "representative of the people":

Whoa! Record scratch sound! Dishes breaking! Islam is a religion protected by the constitution, too? No one told Valarie Hodges anything about religions being equal under the law! She can't support any sort of anything that could learn to families using taxpayer money to educate their kids in Islamic schools. She added Bachmannesquely,

"We need to insure that it does not open the door to fund radical Islam schools. There are a thousand Muslim schools that have sprung up recently. I do not support using public funds for teaching Islam anywhere here in Louisiana."

And Americans wonder why the rest of the world thinks they are nutjobs???

To be fair of course there are plenty of equally stupid politicians all over the world in all sorts of parties.......but for some reason the good ol' USA seems to provide the maximum entertainment value!

edit on 8-7-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

It's a fair cop guv!

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

It's a fair cop guv!

Yr gonna have to speak English. I dont speak limey.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
thread already exists here www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7

It's a fair cop guv!

"Opps- yeah - sorry about that"

Does that work??

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

It's a fair cop guv!

"Opps- yeah - sorry about that"

Does that work??

Now your speakin' Canadian.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

No - it's written in Kiwi

I don't speak merkin.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

No - it's written in Kiwi

I don't speak merkin.

Oh, so kiwi's are a bunch of overly apologetic meeksters like the canucks?

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:12 PM
link   

No - we're a bunch of intelligent people - so not Yanks

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Oh. I see you have the same little brother syndrome as the Canadians, though. Always comparing yourself to 'Merka.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
LA does not represent America. And no one should be shocked by this, considering the state ranks 47th in education, which is recently got promoted from 50th.

Louisiana, the 25th most populous state, has low educational attainment. It is second worst, fifth worst, and seventh worst in percentage of adults with, respectively, an associate degree, bachelor’s degree, and graduate degree. It has a low per capita income and the third highest poverty rate in the country. Louisiana is expected to have a 1 percent decrease in high school graduates from 2007–08 to 2017–18.

education.org

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Oh. I see you have the same little brother syndrome as the Canadians, though. Always comparing yourself to 'Merka.

No - we compare ourselves to the Aussies - and are eternally grateful our forebears decided not to join them ....'Merkin's we just pity

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   

No - we compare ourselves to the Aussies - and are eternally grateful our forebears decided not to join them ....'Merkin's we just pity

Well, just about anyone would feel better about themselves in comparison to the ausies.

Don't pitty Merka. We have Freedom and liberty*!
*many restrictions apply, must be worth at least $1 million to apply...

top topics

join