It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghan woman executed by Taliban for adultery

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Afghan woman executed by Taliban for adultery

www.news.com.au

A SHOCKING video showing the public execution of a 22-year-old Afghan woman accused of adultery has sparked outrage around the world.
The video shows her being shot repeatedly in the back in front of a baying crowd of bearded men in Qol village in Parwan province just north of the capital Kabul.
The woman, named as Najiba, was married to a member of a hardline Taliban militant group and was accused of adultery with a Taliban commander, Parwan provincial spokeswoman Roshna Khalid said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
No trial. Just accused, then it was decided that she was guilty. So she was Murdered, or as they put it Executed.

They are animals this lot. Taliban extremists. Some will say yes it is their culture and that is their way. Well maybe it is their way, but is it not what the USA has been trying to change and assimilate the people into a progressive modern culture. Remove the Taliban

It is barbaric and disgraceful way to live.

Was she guilty? Maybe we will never know.

But this comes with a warning. Link to news with video.

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Having the wrong body language (even unknowingly) in the company of a strange male would probably be considered adultery with that bunch.

edit on 8-7-2012 by 11235813213455 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
"Adultery" or Rape?

Hard to tell the difference in some tribal areas, no?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Racist. How dare you condemn the peaceful religion of islam? Be ready for a fatwa may soon be issued against you by those peace loving people. Certainly she must have been killed by a Jew or a White Male?[/sarcasm]
edit on 8-7-2012 by DarthMuerte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Be ready for a fatwa may soon be issued against you by those peace loving people
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Bring it on.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

"Adultery" or Rape?

If the truth be known it was probably rape.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
One has to wonder why the alleged lover was not executed right alongside of her??

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
One has to wonder why the alleged lover was not executed right alongside of her??
I think muslim men only kill each other if one is gay, one converts to another religion, or if one believes the wrong type of islam.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Already Here SnF though

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
This is what Religion has given us and it is sad...so very Sad. It should be noted that this situation is not consistent with the teachings of the Qu'ran. What the Qu'ran says about Adultry is found in Verse 24-2-4 and it reads

024.002 The woman and the man guilty of adultery or fornication,- flog each of them with a hundred stripes: Let not compassion move you in their case, in a matter prescribed by Allah, if ye believe in Allah and the Last Day: and let a party of the Believers witness their punishment.

024.003 Let no man guilty of adultery or fornication marry and but a woman similarly guilty, or an Unbeliever: nor let any but such a man or an Unbeliever marry such a woman: to the Believers such a thing is forbidden.

Al-Qur'an, 024.002-004 (An-Noor [The Light])

The Hadith Sahih al Bukhari has 4 entries under 3829, 8804, 8805 and 8824 which refer to stoning to death(Rajm). 8804 and 8824 overlap each other, and in both the narrator acknowledges his ignorance of whether the stoning to death was carried out before or after the revelation of Quranic Verse 24-2.

The Hadith is very clear but is silent on the question whether stoning to death was ordered by the Prophet before or after the revelation of the Verse 24-2.

Muslim jurists think that the Quranic punishment in Verse 24(2), applies only to fornication and that in the case of adultery, the Sunnah of the Prophet prescribes stoning to death.
Source: www.guidedones.com...

As for the lack of trial...

If the woman lodges a complaint, her complaint is taken as a testimony against herself and, therefore, amounts to admission and requires no further evidence while it is necessary to get 4 witnesses against the man. Also the woman may bear a child, which is admitted as evidence of zena against the woman. Man suffers from no such disability.

This is barbaric and should be placed on the Global stage to help bring about the change of these practices. Even the flogging is looked down upon but still continues today in some parts of the World. Religion brings us so much pain, suffering and hatred. I wish people would realize that they were created for a time long past and change to embrace brotherhood of all beliefs and nations.

edit on 8-7-2012 by Agarta because: fixed quotes

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I love how the Western Press talks about local afghan issues like this. Its an obvious and blatant attempt to justify the NATO presence there.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

These people are animals.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by stanguilles7
I love how the Western Press talks about local afghan issues like this. Its an obvious and blatant attempt to justify the NATO presence there.

And you think this kind of behaviour is ok?

I think it has worked then if it is an obvious and blatant attempt

Because they are a few more than me disgusted in this

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by magma

Originally posted by stanguilles7

And you think this kind of behaviour is ok?

I think it has worked then if it is an obvious and blatant attempt

Because they are a few more than me disgusted in this

Nothing I wrote implies anything close to me being 'okay' with these actions depicted in the media.

I'm merely pointing out that it's convention that we get these kinds of news stories, since we spend trillions of dollars bombing the # out of them.

But yeah, sure. This is a terrible thing. Boo! religious fanatics.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by stanguilles7

Your sarcasm would fit in really well somewhere.

Just not sure where.

It is about time something was done though to assist innocent people getting slaughtered in the name of god.

You seem to be savvy and wise. Maybe you could contribute something to the benefit of humanity

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

It's not their way, it's the #ed up Al Ciada way. Think of this as the KKK, if the rest of the world were to come after the US because of the KKK would that be okay?

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by magma

It is about time something was done though to assist innocent people getting slaughtered in the name of god.

That would be nice. But all that is actually happening is stories like this are trotted out to justify our own brutal actions in the region.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Ilyich

I can see your point, but I would not believe that In the USA the KKK could get away with murdering someone in this year 2012.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by magma

Why not? The New Black Panther Party put a bounty on a Hispanic man crying for his death and nothing was done to them.
As for the idiots that killed the woman, it is a shame to even think of them as being human. They are even worse than animals since wild animals only kill for food.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join