It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just need a little advice...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Daisy sounds like an enabler who will enable whatever dysfunctional guy she is with to get away with whatever dysfunction he is displaying.

Some women cannot live normal lives with normal guys....They need the drama and the craziness, and the idea that they can "fix" them.

Daisy is a part of your past, and that is where she should stay. This woman will drive you back to drinking.

You have conquered a great evil in your life, a real life-stealer. You must leave everything behind that was a part of that old life, and forge ahead. Daisy has her own issues. Perhaps someday she will conquer her demons, but until then, it's probably best to burn all the old bridges and start afresh.

Best of luck to you.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by theduke269
reply to post by Rocsgirl

I think the reason she calls is because she needs someone to listen to her that understands her. In my entire life I've never clicked with a woman like I do this one. We understand each other on a level I've never experienced till I met her. I will take your advice on how to handle this "relationship" that her and I have.

That was good advice she gave. I'll second that.

Also, congrats on kicking your addiction. Been there. It's rough.....I know. But don't let all this turn into an excuse for picking the bottle back up. There is no excuse but I think you know that already.

And don't change your number. Let her know that you'll always be there for her. When you love someone......that's what you do. When women see that, they see a man who genuinely cares with no strings attached. That's rare and they know that. If you both share that connection you're talking about, she'll come around. You don't want to put your life on hold in the meantime though, do what you need to do for yourself, but let her know that your door is always open for her, Again, with no strings attached if that's what makes her feel comfortable. Some guys take "The Notebook" route, letting someone in just for the physical contact. Others..................they'd rather be alone.

That's the kind of love that tends to open peoples eyes man. The real thing.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by theduke269

"So I guess my question is... Should I be there for her if things go south between them or should I change my number again and move on? I truly love her and want nothing more than for her to be happy even if it doesn't make me happy. I don't want to be strung along like I'm a back up if it doesn't work out."

You don't exactly sound like a stand up guy based on what you posted.You were a drunk went to rehab and she met someone else.And now you're asking if you should be there for her?! Really dude? I'm guessing all the filler before the point of the thread was to get some sympathy.No sympathy here man.I've been in rehab.And the person I was with stuck by me before,during and after.She certainly didn't play games like the person you mentioned obviously is doing. So,to be blunt,run like the #ing wind.You're being strung along. You've become the back up plan.

<< 1   >>

join