It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

LOL British people! (The real Britain)

page: 2
22
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis
 


And I have heard THAT excuse lots of times too..

Mainly from employers who do not want to pay a decent wage and wish to "pay peanuts" to immigrants who keep you nice and well fed with that cash you are saving..

You are part of the problem and if I knew what your business was I would boycott it..

These employers get rich in this country but do nothing for their own countrymen and women

Screw THEM!

I have seen many young lads in the Army from sink estates do phenomenally brave and hard things.. Would you sack these guys too??





posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
reply to post by TritonTaranis
 


I know young people in my town who are hard workers (when given the chance) but are not given the chance. They look meticulously for jobs but to no avail. They get qualification after qualification after qualification to no avail. They do countless hours free work experience to no avail. They are on the job hunt every day to no avail.

Many of these people have no means of moving somewhere else in the country.

Yeah. They are lazy. Bone idle.





I disagree,

Like i said i know plenty of these kids that claim to be actually looking for work, asking friends online is not looking for work,



They get qualification after qualification after qualification to no avail


What qualification? why are you under the impression you need qualification to work?, YOU DO NOT NEED A QUALIFICATION TO GET A JOB!, you just need to want to work and stop crying you can't find the job you think you deserve, take anything, and look for a better one like everyone else does, unless of course your parents have invested 100k into your education in which case cry about it for all i care, not being able to sit in an office all day doing # all for mega bucks must be horrible



posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TritonTaranis

Originally posted by TechUnique
reply to post by TritonTaranis
 


I know young people in my town who are hard workers (when given the chance) but are not given the chance. They look meticulously for jobs but to no avail. They get qualification after qualification after qualification to no avail. They do countless hours free work experience to no avail. They are on the job hunt every day to no avail.

Many of these people have no means of moving somewhere else in the country.

Yeah. They are lazy. Bone idle.





I disagree,

Like i said i know plenty of these kids that claim to be actually looking for work, asking friends online is not looking for work,



They get qualification after qualification after qualification to no avail


What qualification? why are you under the impression you need qualification to work?, YOU DO NOT NEED A QUALIFICATION TO GET A JOB!, you just need to want to work and stop crying you can't find the job you think you deserve, take anything, and look for a better one like everyone else does, unless of course your parents have invested 100k into your education in which case cry about it for all i care, not being able to sit in an office all day doing # all for mega bucks must be horrible



Your view of this country is extremely twisted. You make no sense. You show no consideration. In my opinion you are either trolling or just plain stupid.

I WOULD TAKE ANY JOB RIGHT NOW. Did you even read my thread? I can't even get a job in a supermarket go figure! I could sit here all day arguing your ignorant and arrogant post but I really haven't got the time to waste.


Originally posted by EvanB
reply to post by TritonTaranis
 


And I have heard THAT excuse lots of times too..

Mainly from employers who do not want to pay a decent wage and wish to "pay peanuts" to immigrants who keep you nice and well fed with that cash you are saving..

You are part of the problem and if I knew what your business was I would boycott it..

These employers get rich in this country but do nothing for their own countrymen and women

Screw THEM!

I have seen many young lads in the Army from sink estates do phenomenally brave and hard things.. Would you sack these guys too??



What he said.

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
reply to post by TritonTaranis
 


And I have heard THAT excuse lots of times too..

Mainly from employers who do not want to pay a decent wage and wish to "pay peanuts" to immigrants who keep you nice and well fed with that cash you are saving..

You are part of the problem and if I knew what your business was I would boycott it..

These employers get rich in this country but do nothing for their own countrymen and women

Screw THEM!

I have seen many young lads in the Army from sink estates do phenomenally brave and hard things.. Would you sack these guys too??




Rubbish, they get the jobs because they look harder for work, they get of there arses and walk the streets looking for it, and they don't lose there jobs because they cannot aford to lose there jobs, i will give a job to anybody who is hard working and reliable regardless of who they are, what they look like, and where they come for what ever, the problem is not immigrant workers in this country, the problem is this country has no shortage of computer game playing drink & drug taking teens,

I would give a job to ANYBODY who has served in the British army because to get in the Army there is a very good system in place to weed out these lazy lay about ASBO's, and NCO will weed them out within there phase one training and send them home to sign back on the dole "again"

The British Armys training is the longest toughest and best in the world, in fact what this country needs to do is to bring back national service for these kids to sort them out, and to make them employable

It worked a treat for me,


Oh and by the way, i do not employ any immigrants or ethnics, i said i have sacked 5 lazy English kids in the past month, well not per say, but i was there manager and i wanted then gone,

the first guy, he was 19,

After the first week on the jobs he come into work with a bandage on his arm, and say he had fallen on it, i told him not to worry he could go home, he was latter seen with the bandage of his arm by 4 members of staff within a few hours of each other, i was later told he had been out drinking with his friends till the early hours, and i also caught wind that he had been sacked by his old boss for turning in consistently late,

The next week he turned up drunk for work and i also suspect high on drugs,


Its a similar case with the other lads who we have had to let go, they're not committed to the job and even when there at work they're standing about when ever they get the chance to regardless of whether they're already behind on things, consistently late, just absolute piss takers theres no other word to describe them, we have had many complaints over the past few months and were looking to improve, not go further down hill with these slackers on board and i think every manager, boss what ever in the country has a right to want to improve his/her team & there standards and get rid of these types of people the problem is is there are a hell of alot of them out there, the work ethic of these kids today is nothing short of pathetic,



posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis
 


Are you telling me I don't deserve a job because of some of my piers?
I should automatically be shunned and refused an interview or even a chance because of some of my piers? That appears to be exactly what you are saying when I read between the lines. And it disgusts me.



posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Don't worry you kids - it won't last for much longer. This kind of atmosphere happens before World War - they'll sweep you all up soon, put you in a uniform and off you go.

I'd leave the computer and start getting fit if I were you.

Good Luck - you're all gonna need it.



posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TritonTaranis
Hmm i hear these rants all the time,


I've sacked 5 guys in the past month because they are absolutely unemployable, unreliable, lazy, i could go on and on here for a very long time, the kids of today are utter wasters with no get up & go in them at all, i know guys who are 60 years old who could out perform most 18-25year olds at work today, thank god for the polish and other ethnic workers in this country who actually know what it is like to have nothing or work for peanuts and work hard because they simply cannot afford to lose there jobs, we have a MASSIVE problem with our youth in this country the main problem being is they're all bone idle lazy and just want to play video games all day and do copious amounts of drink & drugs at night, the only reason most of them want a job is just to pay for much of the same, and in between going from job to job to job take out thousands of £ worth of loans that they know they cannot pay back to carry on there irresponsible ways

I'm sick of hearing kids moan about not being able to find work and i see it all the time on social networking sites, you just need to realise jobs don't find you, you need to get up of your arses and find them, the quicker these kids realise this the better for everybody who has to put up with listening to there "i'm hard done by" story's

Sorry if this is harsh but from what ive seen in the past couple of years these sorts of people only have themselves to blame

I think you'll find the truth is a mix of many things. For example for the last 2 days my son (17) went to do his shifts at the sports shop. He was only in for 3 hours on each day. He gets paid £3.50 per hour and it cost home £3.50 to get there and back on the bus.

That is ridiculous! Is that my son's fault or the penny pinching employer who knows he can pay the lowest wage possible for the shortest shift and get away with it!

> There are people (NOT JUST YOUTH) who feel that they are owed something.
> There are employers who stay so tightly within the law its frankly immoral. (like tax "avoidance")
> Not all youth is lazy.
> Not all employers are decent.
> Anyone who thinks the minimum wage is a living wage is moron.
> The minimum wage is far greater than a normal wage for people coming from Eastern Europe or the far east so DUH! I think it is obvious why they work hard.
> Ever noticed how the whining employers of low paid employees drive around in an f.off big car like a Merc (what signal does that send out).

The problem is two systems working contrary to each other : Tax and Welfare. You are absolutley guaranteed to get individuals caught between the two. You are absolutley guaranteed to get people fiddling one or other or both.

Tax and Welfare needs combining and the old system replacing:
1. Everyone (from birth to death) pays tax on their GROSS income.
2. Everyone (from birth to death graduated from current child benefit at birth to current job seekers at 16) gets a post tax state allowance.
3. Everyone can add an increment to their state allowance equal to 1/100th of net RPI adjusted tax paid.

NB that's it . No other benefits, No tax exemptions. Devastatingly simple. No matter how little anyone works they are absolutley guaranteed to have more money!

One last point which I made to a mother complaining about benefits and they should be made to work: I would rather pay a lazy scrounger a weekly benefit to stay at home out of harms way than be forced into doing some work like driving a school bus or a lollipop man . . . . wouldn't you?



posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Just a little reminder - oh - what size does the smallest uniform come in?



She had NO FOOD, NO CLOTHES, NO FURNITURE - OOps and NO CONTRACEPTION

Guess the US is just like UK!
edit on 9-7-2012 by quedup because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I'm from a #ty part of the country, one of the poorest in fact, with a high demand for mental health care, low economics. The government floods particular areas round here with paedophiles, because the local council gets a grant to house them here.
In the local paper, 15 sex offenders were housed on the same road as a school. A priest is being done for rape.
Gun crime is almost unheard of round here, knife crime is almost as unheard of. Not too many young girls are pregnant, but the majority of the populace are like living zombies.
Living hand to mouth, subsidising meagre incomes with drug dealing, unable to get or hold jobs.
I have to disagree, as teeth go www.economist.com... shows we have the best teeth in the world. They might not be pretty teeth, but they're not as badly decayed as some countries!

But I am 99% in agreement with OP. We WANT jobs, we don't want to sit on our asses all day, we don't want to work for our benefits, we want to work for our WAGES!!!



posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
It's a funny thing, yes we have problems here, and it is getting harder to find work however it's not impossible.

I was made redundant in November last year, I'm 24 and didn't see any jobs going that would pay enough to cover the bills so started working for myself, and I have built a small business over the last few months (without any govt help) and I’m doing just fine.

I get to see and hear people moaning about the fact there are no jobs, however i also get to hear them come out with things like "I’m not doing that", "why should i do all that for min wage" etc. If I had no other choice I would have just got on with whatever job was available.

I took it upon myself to make my own money, and in an area that is quite deprived, I’m doing just fine. I would be lying if I said it was easy, but anything worth doing isn't easy.

If you've got a positive mind and want to work, you will. The benefits culture is mad, I had the choice, try and make money or end up on the street

I'm from Scotland and any time I go up our town centre at the weekend or even going to Glasgow, you don't see everyone walking about looking for a fight, considering there can be around 2000 people out in my town at the weekend and only a couple start real fights, I would say that 0.1% is a low number of trouble makers.




Kids are running around selling crack to adults, adults are running around raping little children and everywhere you look you can find depravity. If you look in the deprived areas (Like where I live) it is truly disgusting the behaviour, prospects and attitude of the youth.


As for that statement, it's utter rubbish. Again you are exaggerating to the extreme. I certainly don't hear of kids being raped left right and centre anywhere in the UK, and if they are as you put it, in your area, mabey it's time to move to a better place?

I personally enjoy living in the UK...well Scotland to be fair, and yes there are problems, but society as a whole has the responsibility to resolve them, you can blame it all on the govt if you want, but ultimately it's down the people, and if enough people shouted about the problems things would change, I personally think some don't want it to...



posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by skynetuk88
 


Setting up your own business was a smart move. But usually, without capital, most people can't get a business going.



posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Im with you 100% im in britain too and the general stereotypes couldnt be any more wrong most of the time, theres too much of a gap between the rich and the poor to the point that its now the rich vs everyone else, everyones always known that youll only be rich if your born rich but now its completely ridiculous
edit on 9-7-2012 by Wongbeedman because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TritonTaranis
 


I'm a hard worker, I have a 2:1 degree, I've been applying for any job available from shop assistant to call centre operative. I got so fed up of not being able to get a job that I told the job centre to find me a voluntary work placement. They found me one, a full time 8 week work placement working for nothing, I've just finished it and now I'm now still unemployed.
I was working with other people who were in the same situation as me, a few of them had degrees and previous work experience but still they cant find anything, they WANT to work but there simply arent anywhere near enough jobs to go around.
You can see the huge mess this is creating, young people are very angry, and this is only going to get worse with no end in sight.
I lose sleep worrying about my future all the time.



posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I've vacationed in the UK twice, can't say as i noticed bad teeth. But the people i met were plenty friendly and i enjoyed your country. Your telivision is the best in the world, nothing in the states even comes close to British humour. It saddens me to hear your country is in such dire straights, i can't say i saw it when i was there but i also did'nt tour any housing associations while i was there. I met alot of good people while i was there and i think you guy's can turn it around, i've got faith in you.



posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I'm British (English) and have lived for most of my life so far in a quite famous but deprived city/port in the North-West.
Whilst I agree with the o.p. to a minor extent, I'm sure he works for one of our wonderful tabloids as the sensationalism in his post is worthy of the Sun < spit>.
Most of what he's talking about concerns what I term the under-class or to those from Britain, the "Jeremy Kyle" generation. These are people who are brought up (sorry, dragged up) by their parent(s) who couldn't give two hoots about their kids or their prospects and morals as long as they get their benefits/weed/alcohol/chemicals (delete where appropriate). Naturally their kids see these people and follow suit.
Thankfully for the most part anyway, this under-class tends not to mix outside of themselves save for the odd altercation now and again.
I'm working class. All of my close friends are working class. All of my close friends and I all have jobs and save for a few months here and there, have ALWAYS had jobs since we left school in the eighties (which, job-wise was as bad or even worse than it is now). Why have we always had jobs? Probably because we got off our arses and did something about it instead of waiting for jobs to come to us. All of us have changed career paths at least twice rather than stay doing what we know best or have been originally trained to do.
Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of people who are unemployed who are trying their damnedest to find employment and they're the people who any efforts should be concentrated upon.

EDIT: Oh and my teeth and those of my family are quite nice thank you very much, even if I do say so myself!

edit on 9/7/12 by Pardon? because: (no reason given)

edit on 9/7/12 by Pardon? because: Added a comment.



posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
reply to post by TritonTaranis
 


I know young people in my town who are hard workers (when given the chance) but are not given the chance. They look meticulously for jobs but to no avail. They get qualification after qualification after qualification to no avail. They do countless hours free work experience to no avail. They are on the job hunt every day to no avail.

Many of these people have no means of moving somewhere else in the country.

Yeah. They are lazy. Bone idle.



You are just replacing one stereotype with another, and you are also assuming that any of this is new, or limited to the UK. Technically I'm now old enough to be a grandparent, and none of what you say is new. Binge drinking is more prevalent but not sure about anything else and I'm sure previous generations would actually say the same. The 'golden age' people think of never really existed apart from for the lucky few.

The jobs thing - employment was kept articially low by the last government by creating jobs on the public payroll purely to show reduced unemployment. The problem with that is that it's similar to paying your bills using your credit card - you're only creating a deeper financial mess. Many countries are going through the same pain, but if you like to admit it or not, there are signs of investment and job creation in the UK. They may not all be £100K a year jobs, but they never were, and never will be until that becomes fairly much a standard salary - if it ever does.



posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB
reply to post by TritonTaranis
 


And I have heard THAT excuse lots of times too..

Mainly from employers who do not want to pay a decent wage and wish to "pay peanuts" to immigrants who keep you nice and well fed with that cash you are saving..

You are part of the problem and if I knew what your business was I would boycott it..

These employers get rich in this country but do nothing for their own countrymen and women

Screw THEM!

I have seen many young lads in the Army from sink estates do phenomenally brave and hard things.. Would you sack these guys too??



Evan, I think you really need to work on perspective. I personally set up a training programme and course to bring new people into the very large organisation I work in, and part of it was strictly limited to ex forces people who had struggled to find work. It certainly took them out of their comfort zone but I'm happy to say we only had one drop out by their own choice during the course. We had to lose 2 - one came into courses drunk and the other made threats to others on the course. They were offered help but refused and ultimately had to go.

The remainder of the group have been in work for the company for over two years ago and I can assure you they are a fair way away from being on a minimum wage.

Now, I'm not using this as a slur, I'm making the point that people who have been in the armed forces are still the same human beings as the rest of us - they aren't and should never be immune from the same consequences as the rest of us - if you really think otherwise then I'm not really sure I think your opinion counts for much.



posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Lulzaroonie
 


I work with my dad whos got his own little business, we spend our whole time trying to get by and manage pretty nicely but expansion is literally impossible nowadays



posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Of course the country is screwed! Cameron and his Eton schoolboy mates are running it. You only have to see the dodgy look on Osborne's face to know the economy hasn't got any hope of being sorted out either.

But never mind all that, sit back and have a cup of tea old chap, you'll be fine.


God save the Queen, etc. Just stay away from Coronation Street and Eastenders, it'll turn your brain to mush.
edit on 9-7-2012 by robhines because: added



posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
That's a pretty spot on view of the UK from the OP.

Just in case here's what I see from life in a council estate just outside London.

Well the first thing you notice is the immense difference between the poor and the rich, there's rarely ever inbetweens. My in laws live in Chiswick which is considered well to do and there's a LOT of money residing there, the people are borderline ok, you used to get a "morning" when you passed someone but now its a filthy look if you don't match up to their levels.

Sadly the children are all named things like Porche and Fifi Trixie Bell and looked after by Eastern European nannies in the parks. Their area's are slowly being trimmed back by housing projects and council estates, the main high st now has many veiled women and obvious immigrants whom they despise because to them the area value drops.

But, on the other hand you have estates like mine, its a fairly large one named Racecoure, I presume this is because of the oval shaped layout but its quite apt as the thugs that inhabit the estate are either on the run from the Police or chasing a victim. The people for the most part are pretty dour sorts, people who have been pushed from one estate to the next and realising that at the time of their lives this estate may be their final stop and you can tell that hurts them.

Employment in this area is a novelty and unwanted by the youth, the people who do work have a plan to make enough to get out but it never happens, the curse of the council estate is in full effect. Those unemployed survive by doing a little bit of this and that for the most part, ie some work on the side for cash in hand or they get involved in defrauding the benefit system. You can always tell those families as the SKY dish goes up, the kids are all in dead expensive genuine goods and the houses are electronic treasure troves, all the kids have lap tops, the latest consoles and the like.

Then there's the unfortunates like me and my wife and daughter, we were the young bright ones initially, had our own house, did the 3 holidays a year thing and earned good money but like many in the early 90's we got hit by the housing flop and the interest hikes, pressure led to illness which led to my job going and it all went down hill from there. In the end I took any work going which left me with spinal injuries and severe depression, my working life was pretty much over.

I like many here moved from council estate to estate seeking permanent housing and have yet to get it but here is our home for now and I'd not wish this place on anyone. The mentality here is stagnant, the children are swearing like troopers before they hit 8, the parents are their unsocial-able skills teachers, drinking, drugs, smoking, swearing and stealing are some of their best subjects. The teens are for the most part useless, they go to school and by 10:30am the parks are full of bunking off children, they leave school eventually normally unqualified and the mentality is to go straight on to benefits while joining the local numerous gangs. Sadly that's their only thoughts of bettering themselves by being a drug dealer, thief or user, its a terrible waste of human tissue. The girls are pregnant from day one, the institution of have kids / get flat has been passed down the generations, all we have are buckets of unwanted kids left to roam by the mother sits on her mobile texting some fella she has met. We have a single mother in our block, her 2 under 4 kids are just allowed to go where they like, she does not care for them, she does not cook for them, she has the money because her ex is a drug dealer and she buys take aways every night.

For the ordinary folk its a daily drag, wake up, avoid the gangs, hope the corner shop is open for once, come home and double lock the door.

But one thing has happened that is more appropriate to the thread, we talk about the British people but what is happening here on this estate and elsewhere is that its actually becoming LESS British daily, more and more Brits are trying to get out because we have more immigrants arriving to houses than Brits.

So there you have it, the outside perception of the British is way off, most are brassed off unhappy people working long and hard when they can or propping up the benefit system, the Jolly good show Brit certainly isn't who it used to be and slowly but surely be British is a rarity simply by numbers. Its got to the stage that we don't have a stereotypical Brit, the streets here are a breeding ground of tension between ordinary people and the invasion of the immigrants, many of the Brits align themselves to people like the EDL and BNP which is a seriously bad idea, I for one expect riots here.

That's what being British is like here, for most of all colours and creeds its a miserable experience, we live a monotonous poor life watching the asylum that is outside becomes more and more insane daily.

The UK is turning in to a cesspit unless you are rich..It's NOT good
edit on 9-7-2012 by Mclaneinc because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
22
<< 1    3  4 >>

log in

join