It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Monsanto Launches Massive Campaign to Stop GMO Labeling

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Here are some more articles..
Cows Ate GM Maize & Died

Twelve diary cows died after being fed GM maize and silage. This happened on a farm in Woelfersheim in the state of Hesse, Germany.

According to the report by Greenpeace Germany, "common errors in feeding and infections had by and large been ruled out as the cause of death", and the farmer involved, Gottfried Glöckner, a supporter of GM crops, now suspects that Syngenta’s GM maize Bt 176 is to be blamed.

Bt 176 contains multiple complex traits, including insect resistance – conferred by a toxin from the soil bacterium Bacillus thuringiensis – and tolerance to the herbicide glufosinate. It was produced initially by the company Ciba-Giegy in 1994, and acquired subsequently by biotech giant Syngenta.

And more... sorry to keep throwing articles in here BUT, it is RELVEANT info friends!! Pass these links on, tell people!!!!

Children of the Corn: GMO Sterility and Spermicides

There has been a concerted national effort by citizens to have the US government label GMOs. Opposing it are governments intent not only to keep them unlabeled in the US but efforts at the international level by the US government to remove all labeling of GMOs through Codex Alimentarius. The problem is that Codex applies to food, and GMOs don’t qualify.

William Engdahl wrote in March of 2010 about a USDA funded project to create a GM corn that sterilizes people.GMO, glyphosate and population reduction

One long-standing project of the US Government has been to perfect a genetically-modified variety of corn, the diet staple in Mexico and many other Latin American countries. The corn has been field tested in tests financed by the US Department of Agriculture along with a small California bio-tech company named Epicyte. Announcing his success at a 2001 press conference, the president of Epicyte, Mitch Hein, pointing to his GMO corn plants, announced, “We have a hothouse filled with corn plants that make anti-sperm antibodies.” 14

And
Warning: This Common Food Causes Devastating Offspring Defects in New Research Study

Dr. Mercola's Comments
I strongly believe that one of the most obvious clues about the danger of GMO foods are that just about EVERY species of animal that is offered a GMO food versus a non-GMO food will avoid the GMO one. Many times they will do this to the point of starvation, as they have an intuitive sense of the danger of this food.

Here is a scary one,
GM Files: GM Corn to Make Men Sterile Already a Reality

The World Health Organization has a Task Force on the Regulation of Male Fertility. In 1990 a paper was published in Lancet, a well-regarded British medical journal detailing the use of testosterone injections to render men sterile. The abstract of the article noted “Hormonal regimens that induce azoospermia [lack of fertile sperm] can provide highly effective, sustained, and reversible male contraception with minimum side-effects.”

www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov...

Minimum, that is, if the increase in testosterone does not promote tumors (including cancer) in the brain, prostate and elsewhere as it is well documented to do.

The Natural Solutions Foundation believes that the genetic engineering of food will inevitably lead to serious damage to animals, plants and the environment which have not been taken into account through the US policy of declaring GM foods equivalent to non GM ones.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
What's most convincing to me is that outside of the USA, where Monsanto has massive lobbying in place (replace "lobbying" with "officially condoned bribery"), they are widely banned from doing business.

Most of the EU won't allow them to operate, as well as places like China, Russia, African nations, and most of South America.

It's only in the USA, where they've been allowed to pay off officials to look the other way, that this despicable company is really allowed to do a lot of business.

I'm sure history will NOT look kindly on this corporation.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
This won't stop them from being taken to court or even contempt of court. Legislation IS NOT LAW. The Constitution IS, and they are not above the Legal System, or Courts. Writing some fake legislation off to bypass this IS NOT LEGAL.

So, I imagine it will not go a they wish it to go.
edit on 9-7-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Monsanto will eventually win this campaign. Those monsters can't be stopped. They are like a freight train out of hell heading straight for humanity. I thought they had already accomplished this but it appears I was wrong. All the good in me hopes the people beat Monsanto on this one.

posted on Jul, 9 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
What's most convincing to me is that outside of the USA, where Monsanto has massive lobbying in place (replace "lobbying" with "officially condoned bribery"), they are widely banned from doing business.

Most of the EU won't allow them to operate, as well as places like China, Russia, African nations, and most of South America.

It's only in the USA, where they've been allowed to pay off officials to look the other way, that this despicable company is really allowed to do a lot of business.

I'm sure history will NOT look kindly on this corporation.

Agreed, I wish N.A. tried as hard as europe in stopping Monsanto.. Problem is though, they are in bed with the EU council!
this thread from a while back,
www.abovetopsecret.com... - Blatant Corruption Exposed as EU Blocks France’s Ban on Monsanto’s GMO Maize
Shows that Monsanto is so big, and owns so many politicians, and in this case, appointed council members, that even when a country like France votes to ban Monsanto, they are still allowed to operate, regardless of the what the people say!!!

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Posting on ATS is great, but this info needs to get out to the wider public. Youtube, Facebook whatever.
Only those that have woken from the slumber of ignorance is interested enough to check out sites sites such as this.
It makes you wonder how far back this GMO of foods goes. I fell sick 2 years ago, I lost 20 kgs over 3 months and I was never heavy to begin with 83 kg to 63 kg. I thought I had cancer or something. It turns out I am a celiac or I have an allergy to gluten.
This illness has gone mad in the last 10 to 15 years, more and more people have it. I try to stay Gluten free but
sometimes I feel ill after eating foods that shouldn't harm me. Which is the worry. Wheat from 100 years ago didn't contain gluten. In order to increase the amount of wheat, so they can grow more, faster and make bigger profits, they tinkered with its DNA. That is genetically modifying Wheat, one of our staples.
How far back does this GMO rabbit hole go?

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Nspekta

Just a couple of thoughts in response to the OP. First, I am firmly against GMOs, though I think they should be allowed to exist and be sold, as long as it is made clear to consumers what they are buying, and as long as the companies who make and/or grow GM crops are 100% responsible for any contamination and cleanup plus hefty fines, should their plants contaminate other crops.

As far as Rand Paul, the problem with his and Ron's brand of libertarianism is that they apply it to corporations as well, feeling as though the same freedoms granted to American citizens should also apply to corporations, even if 90% of the stock in those corporations is owned by foreign interests.

Even if Monsanto gets away with avoiding labeling, it won't stop non-GMOs from labeling themselves as non-GMO

posted on Jul, 10 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dogstar23
reply to post by Nspekta

Just a couple of thoughts in response to the OP. First, I am firmly against GMOs, though I think they should be allowed to exist and be sold, as long as it is made clear to consumers what they are buying, and as long as the companies who make and/or grow GM crops are 100% responsible for any contamination and cleanup plus hefty fines, should their plants contaminate other crops.

As far as Rand Paul, the problem with his and Ron's brand of libertarianism is that they apply it to corporations as well, feeling as though the same freedoms granted to American citizens should also apply to corporations, even if 90% of the stock in those corporations is owned by foreign interests.

Even if Monsanto gets away with avoiding labeling, it won't stop non-GMOs from labeling themselves as non-GMO

Agreed.. GM foods have potential and not just now, for the future..as one poster in another thread said, you could use them for terraforming in the future. The problem is the unsafe, untested gms that are putting toxins into our blood, and hurting animals and the environment

Yes, choice and freedom is what I want. Freedom to choose to buy GM or not, freedom to know what we are consuming. Monsanto and others CLEARLY will not do the labelling on their own accord, which is why the government needs to make rules to force the mandatory labelling... And yes rand does see the corporations to have this freedom to not label, BUT, by allowing corps to do what they want, it makes the people suffer and lose their basic rights of freedom and choice. If the government wont listen to the 90% of Americans who want this, then the government is FAILING the people which it is sworn to protect and has a duty towards!
Whatever happened to,
'Government of the people, by the people and for the people'??
Now its government for the corporations, by the corporations, paid for by the people!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join